Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
9. A Lois and Clark Fairy Tale: Loispunzel and the Prince by Doc. Klein's LabRat (aka LabRat): A little piece of fairy tale fluff in response to Meredith Knight's 'Write a Lois and Clark fairy tale' challenge on Zoom's messageboards. What's a kingly father to do when his feisty princess daughter has no husband and an evil advisor has designs of his own?

This was quite unlike any fairy tale I've ever read. lol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
5. Single White Kryptonian by Shayne T. The blurb for this story on the archive is, "In a world without Lana, Alt-Clark's history is different. He meets the woman of his dreams through a personal ad, never dreaming that he and Lois Lane will soon be partners. Their first case takes him to the last place that he wants to be -- a Smallville that holds the secrets to his past, secrets that he has been running from for ten years."

Given the title, one might think that this is a light, B-plot type story, and there is definitely a lot of WAFF in it, but there is also quite a bit of A-plot action and serious drama as well.
I give this story a thumbsup .

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
10. Epiphany by LabRat: Having discovered new depths to her partner at the Corn Festival, Lois begins to wonder just what she might be missing in this reworking of the episode "Green, Green Glow of Home." How might events have progressed if she'd been a little more in touch with her feelings...and desires?

HOT! and it was only the Gfic version. [Linked Image] Lois is so thumbsup

Question, LabRat, did you ever write a sequel exploring what happened later on the episode and how that might have changed?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the feedback, Virginia. smile1 Glad you enjoyed it. It was certainly a fun one to write!

I was never one for writing sequels generally. I only really thought about sequels for two of my stories - Burnout (Second Degree Burns ) and Masques. I still have files of notes/half-written scenes on both of those somewhere on my hard drive.

But, no, I never considered a sequel for Epiphany. If anyone out there wants to use it a springboard though to explore further, they have my blessing!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
6. Superman\'s Shower by Carol M. is a short, sweet, WAFFy, light, fun revelation story. If you wish something you can read in a few minutes and walk away from smiling, then read this story.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
11-12. BJ's "Master of Disguise" and "Wasted Revelations" for this month's FanFic reader's club.

13. Wendy Richard's Green Card : Superman has just told Lois Lane that he's from another planet. Unfortunately for Clark, there is a government agency which is quite interested in that information... the INS!

Wow! What an interesting take on S1. clap I have to say, though, I did have one problem with Wendy Richard's writing. I couldn't sleep, eat, write, or participate in RL because I was so absorbed in her story, I didn't want to put it down. Now that I've finished the story, my life feels so empty. (okay, maybe two things...)

Thanks for the recommendation NostalgiaKick.

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
7. A Special Child was written by Pam Jernigan. Lois and Clark must come to terms with having a child with special needs. Pam is the mother of a child with autism, and it shows in her writing. As the mother of a child on the spectrum myself, I can vouch for the verisimilitude of the story. The emotions Lois and Clark experience and how they act upon them are very typical of what many parents in real life go through when they first suspect that their children might be different and when they actually learn of their children's official diagnoses.

The story was obviously designed to educate as well as to entertain. I commend Pam on her successful accomplishment of both tasks, and I would highly recommend this story.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One of my favorites is Good Samaritan by Aria. It's told from the POV of the air traffic controller. As she wrote, "But the snippet that sparked my interest was some introspection that involved Clark wondering what air traffic controllers must think of Superman zipping around through their airspace unannounced." Don't miss this one.

I also love Through The Window by CC Aiken, where Lois is taken into an alternate world. What will Clark do? Also, don't miss the sequel, And Back Again .

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
#7. The Long Road Home by Erin Klingler. In this Elseworlds story, two reporters on opposite coasts are seeking something to fill the void in their lives. Fate draws them together, but their happiness -- and their lives -- are soon threatened when a bicoastal investigation leads them to a formidable enemy. Will their tender new relationship be able to weather the storms ahead?

Wow--this was amazing! I've been slowly reading it later into the evenings...and really, loved every moment of it. So much warmth, written so well. Great characterizations. I can definitely see why so many folcs love it. Officially one of my all-time favorites clap

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/03/14 03:14 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
10. Epiphany by LabRat: Having discovered new depths to her partner at the Corn Festival, Lois begins to wonder just what she might be missing in this reworking of the episode "Green, Green Glow of Home." How might events have progressed if she'd been a little more in touch with her feelings...and desires?

Question, LabRat, did you ever write a sequel exploring what happened later on the episode and how that might have changed?

Virgina,

One of my favorite stories. The part I loved the most and was the most telling in the L&C canon was:

"Hey," he said quietly, sounding concerned. "You okay?"

She nodded. But she knew that she had grown tense in his
embrace and that he must surely feel it. She could hear the
beating of his heart against her cheek, solemn and steady. His
arms tightened around her. He laid his forehead against her
hair. "Don't go," he whispered.

She raised her head to look at him, startled. There had been
fear in those words. "Go?" she said, confused.

He shook his head and in his eyes she saw such depth of
emotion, such love, such terror, such desperate longing, that
it almost broke her heart. "Clark," she said sitting up to view
him better. "What's wrong?"

"I can feel you going," he said. He put up a hand to her cheek,
his palm warm against her skin, before he slid it deep into her
hair. His eyes were somber. "Moving away from me. Leaving
me...."

What was in his eyes....

The revelation was so startling, so profound and all-
encompassing, so *clear* to her all at once that it seared the
breath from her.

She could hurt him, too.

Neither of them had power, one over the other, she suddenly
understood. They both had the capacity to hurt, to wound....

Or to love.

It was their choice.

The passage really 'got it' for me and to me was the true epiphany. And the nFic version was even hotter!!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm gonna jump in here.

Since I read a lot, and usually in a very short time, I've already forgotten what I've read so far this year, so I'll start out with these two:

1. City by the Sea by StopQuitDont

Lois has lost her hero, her best friend, and the man she loved... only coming to that realization a little too late. Will she learn to live again despite her loneliness or will she find new direction and purpose in a city by the sea? (This fic also comes in a nice spicy nFic varietal available on www.nfanfic.net.)

2. And Then There Was Light by Anti-Kryptonite

Thinking he was responsible for the heat-wave, Superman left, taking Clark with him. Now, two months later, Lois is still struggling to move on alone without both men, a feat made harder when she's kidnapped by Luthor and thrown in a cell with...Clark?

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Kismatt
I'm gonna jump in here.

Since I read a lot, and usually in a very short time, I've already forgotten what I've read so far this year, so I'll start out with these two:

Lois has lost her hero, her best friend, and the man she loved... only coming to that realization a little too late. Will she learn to live again despite her loneliness or will she find new direction and purpose in a city by the sea? (This fic also comes in a nice spicy nFic varietal available on www.nfanfic.net.)

Thinking he was responsible for the heat-wave, Superman left, taking Clark with him. Now, two months later, Lois is still struggling to move on alone without both men, a feat made harder when she's kidnapped by Luthor and thrown in a cell with...Clark?

Both great stories, Kismatt!

I loved CBTS - from the title to 'The End'. And ATTWL is pure Anti-K!

Corrina.

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Oh wow, I just finished those two stories too, Kismatt. Really enjoyed them both smile

I'm partway through Master of Disguise by BJ at the moment. An Elseworld tale. If Clark Kent never arrives in Metropolis and Lois Lane marries Lex Luthor, what will happen when Lois starts to suspect her husband's true nature? And without Lois, will Clark ever create his super disguise?

Thoroughly enjoying it so far. It's written from Lois' POV, which is interesting. I haven't come across a lot of stories on the archive that are written in the first person.

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Kismatt
I'm gonna jump in here.

I liked CBTS and will have to read ATTWL. Two more of my favorites are a two parter by Deadley Chakram

Nobody's Hero
and
Just a Man

Loved the journey from depths of despair to redemption and the challenges along the way.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One of my favorites is Shayne Terry's Veritas. Clark comes to our universe - yes, our actual world, where Superman is just a comic book character. What will people (e.g, especially the military) do when the actual Superman is here? Set in our 2008.

Clark is hanging out in a bar while he tries to figure out what's going on:

"She's a real looker," the first man said. "Probably would have
made anchor already if it wasn't for her name."

"Her name?"

"Lois Lane. The networks didn't think anyone would take the news
serious
ly if it was delivered by a comic book character."

At Clark's look of incomprehension, the man leaned forward and
said, "Lois Lane. You know ... Lois Lane ... Superman?"

Clark shrugged. "I don't follow the comics."

His own life was fantastic enough that he had no need for
fantastic tales. Also, when he'd been old enough to want comics,
his foster parents hadn't wanted to spend the money.

"Four major movies, three or four television series ... guy in a
blue suit and a red cape? None of it ring a bell?"

Clark shook his head.

"Super strong, he flies, pretends to be a mild mannered reporter
during the day, grew up in Smallville?"

Frozen, Clark said, "My parents didn't let me read comic books."

Last edited by IolantheAlias; 05/06/14 09:58 PM.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
8. Something the Cat Dragged In by CC Aiken is a short, fun read. Lois breaks into Clark's apartment to examine Superman's globe to try to learn more about her favourite hero. And she learns a lot more than she had anticipated. If you're in the mood for a fluffy piece sure to make you smile, give this story a try.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR

I loved this scene where Lois is beginning to question what she had done and was distancing herself.

Lois closed her eyes, what was welling up in her suddenly
almost too much to bear. She buried her head against his
shoulder, trying to maintain some kind of decorum. It wouldn't
do to let this man know just how much he had affected her, just
how much she had realized she cared for him.

He could hurt her.

The ways that he could hurt her, how badly he could, seeded ice
in her stomach all at once. There was a part of her that knew
that she could trust him utterly, that her heart was safe with
him, that he never would. But the distrust that had been bred
in her over years and through bitter knowledge of his gender,
was hard to let go of, hard to shed, no matter what her heart
told her. The strength of emotions that this man resonated in
her frightened her a little.

He stroked a hand through her hair, lifting his head, jolting
her out of her darkening thoughts.

"Hey," he said quietly, sounding concerned. "You okay?"

She nodded. But she knew that she had grown tense in his
embrace and that he must surely feel it. She could hear the
beating of his heart against her cheek, solemn and steady. His
arms tightened around her. He laid his forehead against her
hair. "Don't go," he whispered.

She raised her head to look at him, startled. There had been
fear in those words. "Go?" she said, confused.

He shook his head and in his eyes she saw such depth of
emotion, such love, such terror, such desperate longing, that
it almost broke her heart. "Clark," she said sitting up to view
him better. "What's wrong?"

"I can feel you going," he said. He put up a hand to her cheek,
his palm warm against her skin, before he slid it deep into her
hair. His eyes were somber. "Moving away from me. Leaving
me...."

What was in his eyes....

The revelation was so startling, so profound and all-
encompassing, so *clear* to her all at once that it seared the
breath from her.

She could hurt him, too.

Neither of them had power, one over the other, she suddenly
understood. They both had the capacity to hurt, to wound....

Or to love.

It was their choice.

That to me was the true Epiphany of the story.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
I just finished reading Chris Carr's An Extraordinary Man Clark "CJ" Kent graduated from Harvard Law School full of hope and optimism. However, his idealism has been eroded by the ravages of life in Metropolis. Just as he reaches the crisis point, wanting nothing more than to run away from his troubles, fate, in the form of H G Wells, offers CJ a way out. But when CJ learns that he holds the fate of his world in his hands, he is forced to confront the question: does he have what it takes to be a hero?

I really enjoyed this. It's an alternate dimensions story; the alternate Metropolis has a darker feel to it, and the storyline is wonderful. Definitely recommend this and it's sequel, An Extraordinary Man 2- Trials and Triumphs

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
9) Without a Superman (Clark Kent's Quest)

10) Without a Superman (Lois Lane's Quest)

11) Without a Superman (Superman's Quest)

Three stories. Three universes (canon, alt-canon, and non-canon). Three pairs of our favourite couple. These stories live up to ML Thompson's reputation. (If you are new to the MB and haven't read any of her writing -- run, don't walk, to the archives and do so now.) It takes an author of her calibre to write such complex stories in a way that doesn't leave the audience confused. She has managed to do just this.

Although the trilogy wrapped up the potential loose ends, I hadn't wanted to leave her worlds, especially her non-canon Lois and Clark.

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Let's see.

3. Accused by Female Hawk
Clark is facing a serious accusation, and he has no way to refute it without revealing the big secret. Just when everything looks lost, Lois steps in ...

I really liked this story. Not the deaths in it, but the emotions that Clark has throughout just were spot on.

4. Trusting Me, Trusting You by Female Hawk
Clark Kent has been trapped in a cell for seven years. Government agent Lois Lane is tormented by grief and traumatic memories. She is assigned to guard the alien prisoner, and together, Lois and Clark find the strength to travel the long journey to healing, trust, love, and freedom.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this - but boy am I glad I did! Wow. I think I've re-read this at least three times now. Excellent story, and deservedly a Kerth winner.

5. Cause and Effect by M.L. Thompson

When Clark and Lois meet up four years prior to their initial meeting at the Daily Planet, sparks fly. Will Lois' distrust in Clark ruin a great relationship, or will terrorists destroy them before they even get started?

Action, adventure, and romance? I'll take all three!

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard