Beat Reporter
Have I told you how much I liked the idea of those colours in a suit? wink

Keep on writing!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, I need that puddle of WAFFy goo graemlin... love

But you really are worrying me with all this lovey-dovey stuff, cos I just know it's all about to go horribly wrong... eek

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice! thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pam

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Still really enjoying this, Pam. Your writing flows so naturally. smile

c

Kerth
Kerth
Expecting Kal's debut! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great story!

"Well, you must admit it's ironic." He grinned at her. "There I am, with my identification right at hand, and we get turned away because you haven't got yours!"

lol So funny! And after all that work getting his....

So, how would changing the suit not link Kal/Clark to superman? No matter how dissimilar it looks, a guy flying around would make anyone think of superman, and secret identity, and eek Kryptonite? Is any on the earth anyway, with no exploding planet bits caught in clark's spaceship's gravity? And with Trask going after aliens....

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the comments, guys! smile I'm still getting things set up at this point in the story; it should get more interesting shortly.

Thanks, Rachel smile I was inspired by the trailer for Hearts Divided, actually; in some of the scenes, Clark was wearing a dark red vest, and that seemed to suit Kal better than electric blue.

Wendy.... yes. laugh

Thanks Ankit, Tricia, Carol & Jose ... the encouragement is much appreciated!

Maria, about the H.G. Wells thing... I've never been able to properly explain it in the context of the story -- none of my characters could even come close to guessing it -- but my theory is that our Herb was bopping around the universes and ran into this one, wherein baby Kal-El does not get sent to Earth. So, being helpful, he thought he could at least plant the *idea* of Superman, and he slipped the manuscript into the effects of *that* universe's Wells, so everyone assumed it was home-grown. Like so many of his good intentions, though, this didn't work so well in practice, and left a mess Lois & Kal will have to try to work through. I alluded to this at the end of Hearts Divided, but that's the most I've been able to manage. What do you think, should I add an author's note, at some point?

Vive, thanks for delurking; that makes me feel pretty good <g> They've got a problem, of course, but they have some factors in their favor, too -- for one, there is not and never has been a Clark Kent in this universe. H. G. Wells glossed over some of the details of the backstory, too; he didn't reveal where the baby had come from, just that he arrived alone in a tiny spaceship.

You guys will have to let me know if my eventual solution doesn't hold water smile

I said I'd post every other day, and since Wendy posted yesterday, this afternoon should be a safe time wink so... part 5 will be along in a minute. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard