Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
[b] 26a) PML - Lois sexually harassed Clark.
But, he'd never press charges on that. wink [/b]
Quite true. But that is rather beside the point.

Actually, if it came to that, both Lois and Perry could have extenuating circumstances, and I highly doubt either one would be convicted even if they were brought to trial.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush re titles...

But Lois is formally introduced as a professional care giver. This means she's not there volunteering or as an intern but actually performing in her chosen profession. I think we could take her to court over this...

wave Michael

Edit:

27: Lucky Leon: Clark/Superman: Stealing a nuclear device.
27b: Lucky Lean: Clark/Superman: Detonating a nuclear device in the atmosphere.
I think we could formulate a treason/terrorism charge for either of these that gets him the death penalty in a federal court.

28: Strange Visitor: Lois & Clark: Espionage

29: Family Hour: Kidnapping

30: Double Jeopardy: Clark: Adding and Abetting

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
But Lois is formally introduced as a professional care giver. This means she's not there volunteering or as an intern but actually performing in her chosen profession. I think we could take her to court over this...
You mean, even if no money has actually changed hands, Lois was soliciting herself (with intent), so therefore she could be prosecuted for it? Works for me. laugh

KAL-EL: Worked for me too. [Linked Image]

So, does that mean we need a...

31) LotF / Battleground Earth: Superman hired (accepted services) of a prostitute

LOIS: *Excuse me!* But the correct title is "Concubine". Thank you very much.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
32) Top Copy - Lois steals Mayson's beeper. Theft of personal property.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
33. TOGOM - Clark - removing evidence from a crime scene - the movie ticket stub that was on the floor at the bank.

34. TOGOM - Lois - illegal gambling

32. Top Copy - Lois - theft of Mayson's pager. Maybe some other charges related to locating the witness at the safe house?

35. Pilot - Clark - international travel to China without a passport and avoiding Customs. (How many times did he do this throughout the series?)

36. Metallo - Superman - accessory to John Corbin's murder ...? Or excessive use of force? I read a fic a while back where Superman was charged with Corben's murder because melting his legs was unnecessarily violent, and if he hadn't melted his legs, Vale couldn't have taken the kryptonite that was powering him, thus killing him. If this one isn't sufficiently cut-and-dried, feel free to replace it. (I can't remember the name of the story, and I can't seem to find it via a site search either here or on the archives.)

EDIT: Gah! Deadly Chakram, you beat me to it. So I'm re-numbering mine.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
EDIT: Gah! Deadly Chakram, you beat me to it. So I'm re-numbering mine.
Ha! Too funny! I was just thinking of the "removal of evidence" thing with the TOGoM ticket too!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm not sure whether this would count, since his actions were a result of post-hypnotic suggestion, but:

37) Superman - destruction of public property (specifically, parking meters) in IoG.

38) In JSN, L&C may be considered to be trespassing when they enter Smiley's back room. Also, even though they realized that the torn page belonged to Smiley, instead of returning it, they took it off of his property. So perhaps theft could be added to their rapidly-increasing rap sheet.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
39) Breaking and entering Menken's Gym in Requiem.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
38) In JSN, L&C may be considered to be trespassing when they enter Smiley's back room. Also, even though they realized that the torn page belonged to Smiley, instead of returning it, they took it off of his property. So perhaps theft could be added to their rapidly-increasing rap sheet.
Along these same lines:

40)JSN: Lois and Clark took the torn page from the dead woman's shoe (Janet?). Withholding / removing evidence from a murder scene.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
39) Breaking and entering Menken's Gym in Requiem.
Um... I don't think they broke into the gym. Do you mean Dr. Sam Lane's medical office?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] 39) Breaking and entering Menken's Gym in Requiem.
Um... I don't think they broke into the gym. Do you mean Dr. Sam Lane's medical office? [/b]
I was under the impression that they were one and the same. Otherwise, why would Menken and the fighter be there in the middle of the night? The script does say Sam Lane's Office as the locale though. huh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was under the impression that they were one and the same. Otherwise, why would Menken and the fighter be there in the middle of the night? The script does say Sam Lane's Office as the locale though. huh
Yeah, I never understood why they were visiting Dr. Lane's office when he wasn't there either. The reason for it must have gotten lost in one of the earlier drafts. I'm with you. huh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
40) Trespassing on government land - both Lois and Clark in Operation Blackout.

41) Impersonating US soldiers - both Lois and Clark in Operation Blackout. (Federal crime to impersonate a decorated soldier.)

42) Terrorism - Superman hands over nukes to terrorists in Lucky Leon after stealing them from legit US soldiers. (Um, Clark, about that "checking your sources" thing you do as a reporter...)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
40) Trespassing on government land - both Lois and Clark in Operation Blackout.
DC, I'm switching this to #43, because I've already used #40.

Just to repeat:
40)JSN: Lois and Clark took the torn page from the dead woman's shoe (Janet?). Withholding / removing evidence from a murder scene.
Next number up: 44.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ah, thanks. Not sure how I missed the other one. :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
42) Terrorism - Superman hands over nukes to terrorists in Lucky Leon after stealing them from legit US soldiers. (Um, Clark, about that "checking your sources" thing you do as a reporter...)
blush /points at #27/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush /points at #27/

wave Michael
<throws in the towel>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, so that puts us at...43 now.

43) Clark uses super speed to be "Superman getting out the shower" in MoSB. Contempt of court, right? Since he broke his promise to not use super abilities. (And this seconds *after* he catches himself about to heat vision up some tea.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just to review / clarify:

1) The Pilot: Lois and Jimmy (and then Clark) Trespassed into a secure area of EPRAD to take a look at the Messenger wreckage.

2) The Pilot: Lois and Jimmy broke and entered the Messenger Hangar (using a lock pick).

3) The Pilot: Clark broke in (literally) and entered the Messenger Hangar, causing willful property damage to the Messenger hangar's door.

4) TOGOM: Superman dangles Dillinger upside-down from a building to gain information. (Attempted Murder in the 2nd degree?, Attempted Assault?, Menacing in the 3rd degree, Reckless Endangerment, etc.) [Let's not get into nit-picking whether or not this constitutes a crime since Dillinger is technically a clone. That's just a whole other can of worms. For the sake of this discussion, let's just say a clone life is equal to a human or Kryptonian.]

5) Ides of Metropolis: Lois bribes the bailiff to let her have 'a minute alone' with Eugene Laderman in the holding cell. ("Rewarding Official Misconduct in the first degree")

6) And the Answer Is: Clark (albeit using some super abilities) stole jewelry for Mazik. True, he was coerced into doing so, so the courts would probably go easy on him if he had actually been brought to trial, but he did, nevertheless, steal from a jewelry store.

7) Smart Kids: Clark stole a sample of Mentamide 5.

8) PML: Clark stole an atomizer of Revenge.

9) HiM: Lois committed B&E.

10) OP: Superman appears to freeze Spenser Spenser to death. Would that count? Admittedly, he would undoubtedly be exonerated on the grounds that his actions were in self-defense. Also, do we even know with which country the island is supposed to be a part of -- hence with which laws might apply there?

11) IoM: Hiding Eugene, an escaped convict. "aiding and abetting" (Harboring an escaped Felon)

12) DLW: Superman breaks Lois out of prison. Bad Superman, bad...

13) IoM: Lois takes away Eugene's gun from him (but we never see exactly what she does with it.) So, possession of stolen property / unregistered firearm / concealed weapon.

14) Madame Ex: Lois steals medical files from Dr. Heller's office (locking the temp in a room to do so). Theft.

15) Church of Metropolis: Clark impersonates a police officer.

16) Neverending Battle: Superman bends Luthor's sword. Destruction of personal property.

17) Neverending Battle: Superman shoots a gun at Lex Luthor (okay, he deserved it). Attempted murder / Reckless endangerment.

18) The Pilot: Superman and Lois both trespass onto the Prometheus shuttle. Lois also planned on traveling without permission / stowaway.

19a) AtAI: Superman murders Lois Lane with his freezing breath and then thaws her out again (Reckless endangerment)
19b) AtAI: Lois suicide by superhero

20) Voice from the Past: Superman murders Lois Lane (AGAIN) by freezing breath, and then thaws her back out. (Reckless Endangerment, AGAIN)

21) Swear to God: Clark destroys Lamont's (Leo Nunk's photographer) film using his vision do-hicky (x-ray vision). Although, being that nobody present except Lois knows that CK=SM and she'd never testify against her husband, I doubt this willful destruction of property would ever make it to court.

22) In the Pilot, Clark uses his heat vision to destroy the engine of the machinery that was about to demolish the theater.

23) In TOGoM, Clark fakes his own death. (Granted, he finds a way to resurrect himself...)

24) Battleground Earth: Clark partakes in a duel to the death. What's that? Attempted murder? Or is there actually an anti-dueling paragraph?

25) Lord of the Flies: Lois. Solicitation.

26a) PML - Perry sexually harasses Rehaila.
26b) PML - Lois sexually harassed Clark.

27a) Lucky Leon: Superman: Stealing a nuclear device.
27b) Lucky Lean: Superman: Detonating a nuclear device in the atmosphere.
I think we could formulate a treason/terrorism charge for either of these that gets him the death penalty in a federal court.
27c)* Lucky Leon: Superman hands over nukes to terrorists after stealing them from legit US soldiers. Terrorism . (Um, Clark, about that "checking your sources" thing you do as a reporter...)

28) Strange Visitor: Lois & Clark: Espionage

29) Family Hour: Lois & Clark - Kidnapping of baby

30) Double Jeopardy: Clark: Adding and Abetting

31) LotF / Battleground Earth: Superman hired (accepted services) of a prostitute

32a) Top Copy: Lois steals Mayson's beeper. Theft of personal property.
32b) Maybe some other charges related to locating the witness at the safe house?

35. Pilot - Clark - international travel to China without a passport and avoiding Customs.
33) TOGOM - Clark - removing evidence from a crime scene - the movie ticket stub that was on the floor at the bank.

34) TOGOM - Lois - illegal gambling

35) Pilot - Clark - international travel to China without a passport and avoiding Customs.

36) Metallo: Superman - accessory to John Corbin's murder ...? Or excessive use of force?

37) IoG: Superman - destruction of public property (specifically, parking meters).

38) JSN: L&C may be considered to be trespassing when they enter Smiley's back room. Also, even though they realized that the torn page belonged to Smiley, instead of returning it, they took it off of his property. So perhaps theft could be added to their rapidly-increasing rap sheet.

39) Requiem: Breaking and entering Menken's Gym (specifically Dr. Sam Lane’s medical office).

40) JSN: Lois and Clark took the torn page from the dead woman's shoe (Janet?). Withholding / removing evidence from a murder scene.

41)* Operation Blackout: Impersonating US soldiers - both Lois and Clark. (Federal crime to impersonate a decorated soldier.)

42)* MoSB: Clark uses super speed to be "Superman getting out the shower". Contempt of court, right? Since he broke his promise to not use super abilities. (And this seconds *after* he catches himself about to heat vision up some tea.)

43)* Operation Blackout: Trespassing on government land - both Lois and Clark
*Renumbered by Editor.

***Next up #44!***

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
29: Family Hour: Kidnapping
I'm a little rusty here. Who did Lois, Clark or Superman kidnap? Klaus Mensa? I don't remember that. Or are you talking about the baby at the end?

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard