Hey all here is the even longer awaited Part 3. Once again, I apologize that it has taken so long. Hope that I have not lost any of those who took interest in this story and I thank those who have been supportive and patient with me. Sit back and enjoy.

Disclaimers: Lois and Clark (and all other main characters) are characters of Warner Brothers and ABC, although this Halloween story is mine, for the time being. Some plot twists later on maybe taken from the show or from other Superman media; I will address this accordingly as the story unfolds.

Special Thanks: To my good friend Mike for helping me bounce ideas back and forth, it has really helped me in devloping this story. As well thanks goes out to him for editting my story thus far.

Clark’s Apartment:
3:30 in the Afternoon

Clark was pacing his entire apartment, still thinking about the prior events of the day. He paced up the walls and ceiling of every inch of his apartment. Nothing Clark could do would put his mind at ease.
‘Pacing my entire apartment from top to bottom is not going to get anything accomplished…,’ Clark thought so he settled on preparing his costume and making sure that everything was in place for the evening’s party.

‘Not that going to Lex’s mansion is any better…,’ looking on the bright side Clark continued, ‘…at least this keeps me occupied, and I get to see Lois…wonder what costume she decided on…hope she likes mine…’. For the time being Clark’s mind was set at ease, while thoughts of Lois danced in his head.

Reaching for his closet, Clark slid the door open. He shoved his Superman outfits to the side and reached over the far end to grab his costume. Unexpectedly Clark heard another cry for help. Once again it sounded like a kid; possibly even a group of kids who were in need of Superman.

‘Guess this will have to wait…,’ Clark shrugged and placed the belongings he had formerly drawn out back into the closet, and grabbed a clean Superman outfit. Faster then a speeding bullet, Clark was now Superman and flew out his balcony window.

In the Sky:
Scanning the Metropolis Skyline

Superman saw what appeared to be a bus dangling from the recently built bridge over Hobbs Bay. Through the use of his super-vision, he noticed that it was a school bus. Before he took any action, Superman wanted to thoroughly access the situation; one wrong move and those peoples lives were history. The bridge started to give and the bus was swaying back and forth. There was no time left for Superman to think. Quickly he threw himself down, shooting past the bus and catching it moments before it hit the water below. The horrified people who’d watched from the bridge as the bus went over erupted in cheer and applause for Superman as he flew the bus back up to safety - placing it softly down on the road. Once getting the bus to safety, Superman went inside the bus, doing a once over and making sure that all the children were alright. No one looked injured but he thought it best to go get a policeman and a few paramedics to do a more thorough check-up.

“Excuse me officer,” he said as he was exiting the bus.

The policeman turned. To Superman’s surprise it was the security guard from the department store.

“Have we met before?” Superman asked

“Not to my knowledge,” replied the police man, “I’d remember if I met the famous man of steel” the man chuckled.

Superman looked at the man a little suspiciously, but turned back remembering the matter at hand, “The passengers look to be fine but I think that you should call in some paramedics to check them out anyways.”

The policeman looked and said, “Don’t worry Superman they’ll be fine now thanks to you.” Something weird happened right after he said this, the distinctly familiar red glow Superman had previously seen occurred again and the same familiar glare and smirk.

Superman felt another chill down his spine. Flying back in the direction of his apartment, Superman spent more time thinking; trying to add the new pieces to this puzzle. More than ever nothing thus far made sense. Superman was sure that this guy was the same guy as before, but that was the only thing he was sore of. He decided that once he reached home he would call the only two people he thought might be able to help.

At the Kent Farm
On the Phone:
5:30PM

*Ringgggg – Ringgggg*

Martha reached the phone before her husband and picked it up, “Hello”.

“Hi mom, it is me Clark.”

“Oh hi Clark,” Martha’s eyes beamed with joy. Though Clark stayed in touch on a regular basis, she was always excited to pick-up with Clark on the other end. “Just a second Clark, I will go get your father.”

“Jonathan, it is Clark,” Martha hurried him.

Jonathan got on the cordless phone and positioned himself beside his wife in the kitchen.

“Hi son, how are things?” Jonathan asked the boy lovingly.

“Everything is fine dad. Lois and I are going to a Halloween party at the Lex mansion this evening.”

“Oh really!” Martha exclaimed.

“Yes mom, but it is just on business for the Daily Planet.”

Simultaneously, Martha and Jonathan covered the separate phone sets, looked at each other and chuckled – that warm familiar laugh of home.

Martha got back on the phone, “Of course Clark,” she said not so convincingly.

“Mom…”

Jonathan interrupted the banter, “…anyways Clark how are things going, besides at the Planet?”

“Actually that’s why I was calling,” Clark said so matter-of-factly, “The weirdest thing has happened today…I do not know exactly where to begin, so this may not make any sense at first, in fact it still doesn’t make much sense.”

Concern for their son grew within the Kent’s, “Are you ok son?” they both said this simultaneously.

“Of course I am.” Clark continued with explain the day’s activities with his parents.

At Lois’ Apartment:
5:45PM

The familiar sound of the countless locks on Lois’ apartment door open one-by-one.

*Click * *Click* *Click*…and the door opened.

Lois entered her apartment, her hands full of the shopping bags, loaded with goods from the days shopping spree. ‘Who would have thought that shopping would have been so tiring, but at least I have found the perfect costume, the costume that is going to get the attention of Superman – over the rest. Lois was surprised at the fact that she had gotten into the spirit of Halloween.

Going for her bedroom, she flicked on the lights and threw the shopping bags onto the bed. Looking at the alarm clock, she opted for a warm bath before she had to prepare for the evening.

Lois went to the bathroom and started running her bath, closing the door behind her.

Back at Clark’s Apartment:
5:50PM

Clark was sitting on the couch still telling his parents about the absurd guy at the he had encountered twice. Partially listening to his parents, he glanced at the clock on the VCR and realized that he had to rap up the conversation with his parents and start getting ready for the party; he had planned on arriving before Lois.

“Mom, dad, I better get going…I want to arrive before Lois,” Clark interrupted.

“Ok son, you have a good time tonight.” Martha decided one embarrassing moment was enough for the night and left any remarks alone.

“I will.”

“…and be careful, your mother and I do not like the sounds of whatever is going on!” Jonathan emphasised.

“I will. Thanks for listening; it helped to rationalize whatever is going on with someone.”

“Anytime Clark, we just hope we helped,” Martha said in her loving, with a hint of concern, tone.

“Take care, guys.”

“We will, you also take care of yourself. Keep us posted with any changes.”

“Ok, night mom, night dad.”

“Night Clark,” the Kents said in unison, and everyone hung up.

Clark sat there and pondered for a bit. Then he remembered the time, so he made his way to the bathroom, started running his shower closing the door behind him.

Reader's Choice
Hi all! Seeing as you all have ideas for costumes I am polling you for suggestions. I will not guarantee that I will use the ideas, but it will help see what directions you guys are looking for.

Just post your ideas along with your comments on the comments page for part 3.

Thanks, Judy