Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Y'know, you'd think after seven parts of absolutely heart-wrenching angst, you'd give us a break for maybe a paragraph or two. But no. Right off you start killing me!! whinging

He’d even sounded as if he meant that. He was better than he thought at this false cheer business.

Lois was dying right in front of him and he couldn’t do a damn thing about it.

The blurred vision and the dizzy spell had been bad enough. But he could see that she’d been struggling to concentrate for the past hour. She’d been rubbing her forehead and moving her neck around, suggesting that she had a headache. And now she wouldn’t eat.
I know what it's like to watch a person you love waste away right before your eyes, but this is happening to poor Clark with alarming alacrity whinging

But what if you can’t find him? What if it can’t be fixed?

Okay, NOW I am going to hurt you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wildguy More? Soon? Please??????

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You are just *way* too good at this angst stuff, Wendy!

But I loved the comic touches, too...

“As it happens,” Henderson continued, his tone still casual, “I was standing right by the computer when the match came up. Did I ever mention that I’m useless with computers?”

“Uh...” Clark floundered. What was he supposed to say?

“I was leaning over, trying to see the screen better - my eyesight’s not what it used to be - and I must have hit a couple of keys. I have no idea what I did, but seems the other file disappeared. No matter what I tried, I couldn’t find another match for your prints anywhere in the system.” Henderson shrugged. “I guess the department will just have to send me on another computer course.”
*That* is classic. Love it! Henderson's watching out for Clark, but he can't just come out and *say* it, it has to be oblique... perfect.

Good way to drag out the tension, too wink which just makes the end funnier.

The end of the *section* on the other hand... mecry You're torturing us.

So... when can we expect more? laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh Wendy!!!! [Linked Image]

I just ADORE Bill in this part!!! [Linked Image] I loved how his fingers just happened to delete that match to Superman!!

But there's got to be hope!!! Please throw us a teeny bone of hope here!!!! I want Lois to be around to kill Clark later for hiding his secret!!

More soon!!!

Missy [Linked Image]

Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow! I love how Henderson helps Clark out, and shows just how trustworthy he is! laugh And poor Lois. Come back here and fix this, quick!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is awesome! Henderson 'implying' that he knows Clark's secret and that it is safe. But please, Wendy, don't leave us hanging here! You're being cruel. cat

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Get back here! hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
Like everyone else, I ADORE that Henderson knows, hints at it, but keeps Clark's secret! That was pure genius, as I never even gave it a second thought that they would have Superman's prints on file and I'm sure Clark didn't either! This whole chapter was full of the usual brilliance, and angsty goodness, but the Henderson bit was the icing on the cake. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What also awed her was what he was doing for her. That time, earlier, when he’d told her he wasn’t answering a call for help hadn’t been the only time Superman had been needed.
Awwwww. It's so sweet.

Would be even sweeter if Lois were, you know, DYING!! razz

Apparently, I was right in not taking a holiday off from the reading smile

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Kerth
Kerth
Moooore!!! hyper

Jose notworthy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, I just keep thinking, "poor Lois!" Help her soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, seriously!!!!!! Come on! When you post, do you let out this evil laugh because you know how we're all going to feel after we read it??? Because that is not nice! goofy

Then she had to blink rapidly because her eyes couldn’t keep up with the blur of colours and movement in front of her. Her head was swimming and she was swaying... tilting... losing her balance... Breathing heavily, she put out her arms to steady herself.

“I’ve got you.” She opened her eyes to see Superman in front of her, his arms around her. “Let’s go.”
This is great... the state she's in, being weak and feeling so dizzy, you can just imagine that the switch (spinning and colors) would have an affect on her, and you write that so well, with vivid detail. You can feel how she must feel witnessing this, and I just love that he says "I've got you." Because he sure does. It's so sweet.

Let those kids find happiness, Wendy. For the love of god!

The curtains parted then, and Clark reappeared. “Superman tells me it’s safely delivered,” he said as he crossed to stand beside Lois again. She caught his hand, and his fingers closed around hers.
I just love all the hand-holding. I turn to mush blush

So Wendy, this is such a rollercoaster of emotions! Lois is progressively getting worse, and everything they're doing for her seems so small, like it doesn't matter, but I could be thinking like that because Lois and Clark keep having those moments where they think like that. I love that she noted that by the time the new test results come back she probably wouldn't be seeing straight. I feel so bad for her! To face something like that and with no time to even really wrap your mind around it... it's just happening. Quickly. I'm scared for both of them. I feel like Clark might be on his own soon to find a way to save her. But I like them working together.

Anyway, another great part! Since you're close to finished, do you think the posting schedule might change? Maybe 3 posts a week????

More soon, please smile smile smile

~NICOLE

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I agree with everything that has been posted above. I especially agree with Nicole's incisive observation:
When you post, do you let out this evil laugh because you know how we're all going to feel after we read it???
This story just keeps getting better and better. Tension, angst, and desperation. Oh my! The line:
God! He wanted to march over and punch a hole straight through the wall of the building. But that would achieve nothing.
Is very well phrased. It shows the frustration and desperation that is creeping up on Clark, despite his best efforts to keep it under control.
Coincidentally, I would bet that that line also describes how some of the FoLCs out there feel after reading each section of this story. Naturally, I mean that in the best possible manner.

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

This is fabulous. smile1 Please post it soon.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm with the others - I loved Henderson here, especially the computer bits, and I loved how Clark's arms have been right there when Lois was falling. It's a metaphor for how Clark feels for Lois, too - he is there when she needs him, even when she isn't conciously choosing to need him.

Henderson knowing about CK = S could be a huge advantage for, er, both of them goofy in the future. Lois always offered much more believable excuses for Clark when he had to go be Superman, and I can see Henderson being the same way. Superman has no better ally in Henderson than with Lois herself.

This:
She’d noticed him faintly tilting his head, an intent expression on his face, at least twice more - and now she knew, finally, just what that look of his meant. Each time, he’d simply got back to what he was doing within a couple of seconds.

Superman was taking the day off, just for her.
is seriously mush-inducing. Love it! She knows, really knows, what those 'looks' of his mean. And she sees that he, a person who simply cannot not help, is ignoring all of it for her. Again, he is there when she needs him.

In the future they're going to have (RIGHT?) whinging

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ack, Wendy, you are mean! How can you torture us for so long? Don't you want to post the final parts now and put us out of our misery? You know you want it. You don't hate us. You're not cruel. Right? [Linked Image]

They were on the Planet roof, Clark having mostly carried her up the stairs after she’d eyed them doubtfully. She was beginning to understand what Sutton had meant when he’d warned her about her body giving up on her. Her legs didn’t seem to want to obey many of her brain’s commands any more.
Aww, but she'll regain all bodily functions, right??? She'll be okay? Right? Don't make me use that smilie again... frown

But what if you can’t find him? What if it can’t be fixed?
Awww. I love how there's sort of a war going on within her... on the one hand, she's determined to find the antidote with Clark, and absolutely certain that she'll live because... well, because she doesn't want to think otherwise. On the other hand, she keeps asking herself, what if she really died? What if she *couldn't* be saved? And then comes the question... should she make the most of her final day, should she give up and just [try to] enjoy the day with Clark, or should she fight on for her life?

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm so glad everyone likes the Henderson moment! smile1 It's no secret that Bill Henderson is one of my favourite supporting characters in the series. I love the way he and Lois react to each other, his dry sarcasm against her sharp tongue. It's clear that he does respect her as a reporter, just as she does him as a cop. Why else would a detective inspector turn up to an ordinary everyday burglary just because someone he knows asks him?

Anyway, this scene wasn't originally planned. It happened because a few people who saw early sections of the story, long before I started posting, got worried about the prints Clark left on Lois's windowsill and the fact that the cops called to her apartment found them. So I started to think about what might happen if his prints weren't just thrown away but were fed into the system... and I remembered Superman getting fingerprinted in MOSB... and took it from there. goofy

And, yes, I just couldn't see Henderson doing anything other than protecting Clark. He's no fool. I'd imagine that he probably suspected there was a lot more to Superman than met the eye before this, and seeing the matched prints would have just fitted in with his suspicions that perhaps Superman was more than he seemed.

As for other comments:
Wendy, seriously!!!!!! Come on! When you post, do you let out this evil laugh because you know how we're all going to feel after we read it??? Because that is not nice!
ROFL! Nicole, would I do anything of the kind? goofy

(Oh, and Em, sorry about that frustration and desperation stuff. Really. goofy

And, as such, part 9 is coming up shortly. smile

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard