Hiya, AntiK!

Thanks again for the wonderful feedback! I'd apologize for running you through the emotional ringer, but my muse is laughing too evilly to do so. wink

I loved writing all the points you mentioned. It was fun for me to imagine Superman collapsing in pain on the ground. (It also had the added benefit of leaving one heck of a cliffhanger.) It was natural to write Clark's uncertainty for himself, as much as he never would have given up hope for Lois, Jimmy, his parents, etc. I loved the idea that Clark could aid people in need without the suit - and that even at the cost of his own life, he'd never turn his back on a situation like that.

The main reason I didn't dwell too much on the day to day hospital events was boredom. There's only so many ways you can describe Lois sitting vigil over Clark's nearly lifeless form. wink I toyed with the idea of showing Martha and Jonathan's reactions in "real time" but I didn't want to take the focus away from Lois at that point.

I'm glad you don't hate me for killing off all of New Krypton. It was the only logical way I could think of for Clark to get his heart and not feel oligated to return to rule over his people (which he wouldn't do anyway because of his own child being on the way/having Lois as he wife).

I think Ching was already noble and brave in his own right, before meeting Clark. He just needed help seeing how he should treat people - trusting his heart instead of thinking only in a pragmatic sense. I like to think that, by the time Zara and Ching left Earth, the three had formed a strong bond - making it easy for her to immediately offer Ching's heart to the dying Clark.

Also, I'm very glad to hear that Bernie felt perfectly in character for you! I'm always so nervous about getting him right!

Thanks for stopping by!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon