Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MissyG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Oh David!!! How simply beautiful!! [Linked Image] I could feel how crushed he was to learn that his memories were untrue!!

But Lois! She was so understanding and so gentle to break the truth to him, and when he said she wished it were true, my heart nearly stopped!!

Wonderful, wonderful story!!!!

Missy [Linked Image]

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
..it’s a beautiful dream, Clark. I... I almost wish it were true.”
Wow David - this is amazing! I am really enjoying this story and can't wait for more!

Shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So sad, Dave, as Clark realises his memories aren't real! goofy

Okay, I think you'd better hurry up and finish part 3 and post it! wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
David...ah mate, you did an awesome job on this part. I was so sad and wished for Clark's sake that his dreams were true.

Please post more than once per week, seeing that you have probably written a significant amount of the story. peep

I'm loving this! hail

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
WOW!! That was so beautiful and devastating! More soon please!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah ha so you did play with timeline then. Hmmm, interesting. So is Clark remembering a future that hasn't happened yet? Anyway poor confused Clark. I hope she at least sets him straight about Cat! LAura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm SO excited.

he just refused to believe it.
Good for you, Clark!

He hid a frown. ‘Your place’. Not ‘our place’.
I feel SO sorry for him already.

Her words did little to reassure him. He wondered, briefly, if that was where she turned after he’d... but he quashed the thought violently.
Well done, Dave.

His marriage... his life was falling apart because he’d been a bastard of the worse kind.
The irony is killing me.

He didn't want to live his life, however long he had left of it, without her in it.
Awwww.

“I remember... pie,” he announced, his eyes twinkling.
He remembers the woman he loves and food. What DOES this say? goofy

“Why don’t you wear your ring?”
And the ball drops. mecry

They might not have been married, but the emotion he felt for this woman... was real.
You're killing me here, Dave. The angst! thud

This is awesome. Truly brilliant.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Columnist
Columnist
Ouch! That was harsh! Amazing, but harsh! Poor Clark! More of this story soon!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DAVID!!!!!!!!
whinging whinging whinging

This is so beautiful! whinging

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ditto what everyone else has said.

Here's an over the top theory:

This is a Clark from an alternate universe where he and Lois are married. The explosion sent him into the alt-world where he and Lois aren't married.

Of course that means that OUR Clark was sent into a world where he's married to Lois and she's pregnant with their baby. I bet that's one happy Clark Kent!!!!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, Dave! I'm awestruck at this story! I cannot wait to read more!

Having Clark "remember" his married life with Lois is such a fascinating twist! I, too, am dying of curiosity to find out how he's remember something that hasn't happened yet. The alternate universe theory certainly sounds possible, or maybe there's some sort of H.G. Wells shenanigans about to happen?

Your writing of their emotions, especially Clark's (which we feel firsthand) is just amazing. I wanted desperately for him to be right, for him to be married to Lois and have a child together. I guess it can't be true, but... I hope that they will be able to get back on the track to that, at least.

Please, write and post more soon! I can't wait to read it!

Kerth
Kerth
Oh, what amazing writing! I still have an ache in the pit of my stomach - I can't believe how much your words actually physically touched me! Poor Clark! Just so devastating! I love that Lois responded to him, showing her feelings for him too. I'll be waiting impatiently for the next part! Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Merriwether
Merriwether
This is WONDERFUL!

I have no words. Except the next time I get you alone in IRC, I will be quiet and let you write! dizzy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's it! I have to officially open up and FDK box even though I'm not done reading yet.

Why don’t you wear your ring?” he asked, opening his eyes and dropping his gaze to watch his thumb continue its motion over the smooth, uninterrupted skin on her ring finger.
/me makes a low groan. Oh noooo. Seriously, I just said that. It totally warranted the opening of the separate browser window.

“No, we’re not married, and we’re... there’s no baby, but... it’s a beautiful dream, Clark. I... I almost wish it were true.”
Me again: /me slaps the bed and hits a roll of scotch tape. SHUT UP! I can't believe she said that. I mean, I picture a typical first season Lois response as 'get over it, get back to work' type thing. But the fact that she said this...well, I have a feeling I'm reading a heck of a lot more into it than some of the other FDKers, but I'm making a huge mental note for future parts.

This part was way too good. I can't even pull myself together to sign my own name.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Everyone has been more eloquent than I can be, but I'd just like to say that I am thoroughly loving your story, David. Beautiful and evocative descriptions, a truly fascinating situation to explore... a lot of goodness all around.

There is only one thing that I am disappointed about: the fact that we'll only be able to partake of this fantastic treat once a week. wink

Really looking forward to the next installment. Thank you for the reading pleasure!

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Very good story. You have me hooked. I want to read more.

“Oh.” Clark tried to temper the sudden burst of jealousy burning a hole in his stomach. He refused to think about how familiar it felt. “This Superman, he sounds like he means a lot to you.”

“Superman means a lot to everybody, Clark.”

Her words did little to reassure him. He wondered, briefly, if that was where she turned after he’d... but he quashed the thought violently.
So sad. Luckily, you didn't do him see on TV the kiss Lois and Superman shared in front of the reporters just before he go intercept Nightfall.

His heart was aching as he started to accept the evidence. His marriage... his life was falling apart because he’d been a bastard of the worse kind.
I feel so bad for Clark... Keep it that way, and you will make me cry before long.

"Please, Lois," he begged. "I need you."
Wow. The amnesia is a good thing for Clark, finally. He would never had said such a thing if he was truly himself. I'm glad he said that to Lois.

Her face softened and she let out a long breath. "I'll stay if you need me, Clark."

Clark smiled as he leaned down slowly, his eyes never leaving hers. He brushed his lips against hers gently, softly, barely a whisper of a touch. Their first kiss. Their thousandth kiss. He let it linger... the feel of her lips, the softness... the warmth was so familiar, so comforting, and yet so new and exciting. Intoxicating. He pulled back, and she followed him. Her hand wound into his hair, pulling him back to her, her lips fierce against his. He could taste her desperation, feel her need. Clark let the fire that was building in him take control, let his hands slip around the back of her head, let himself meet his wife's passion and let the world melt away.
So sweet... Really great scene, very emotional.

He nodded his head silently and a grin slowly spread across his face. He closed his eyes, focusing on the flickering beam... he remembered... a cosy house that smelt of baking treats and a small, smiling woman, mouthing her praise for his wife. His mother. He remembered his mother. “She told me.”
I'm glad he remember his mother. Clark loves his parents so much that he can't forget them, just like he can't forget Lois. Love is in his essence.

“Clark... you and me... we’re not...” She paused, swallowing. “Clark, we’re *not* married.”

He opened his mouth, ready to... *needing* to deny her words, but his breath caught in his throat...

Not married.

The echo of the quiet words was deafening. He stood up, shaking his head, even as his heart was shattering. “But I *remember*.”
Oh god. I can feel the distress of Clark when Lois told him the truth. He wanted so badly his dream to be true, even if he could forgive himself to have cheaten on her.

Clark looked up as she inhaled sharply. Silent tears were sliding down her cheeks... He’d made her cry. He dropped his eyes to the hand still covering his chest, unable to face her tears.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered, pulling her into his arms. “Please, don’t cry.”
He closed his eyes as her hesitant whisper reached his ears. “Were you happy about the baby, Clark?”

He nodded his head. His son. Their son. The son... who’d never be born.

He didn’t want to believe it.
Okay, you win. I'm crying, now. That scene is so sad, and so powerful.

They might not have been married, but the emotion he felt for this woman... was real.

The air rushed out of his lungs and his shoulders slumped as the memory of her voice echoed through his head.

‘Don’t fall for me, farm boy.’

They were never married.

‘Don’t fall for me.’

But he had.
Oh, wonderful writing.

“No, we’re not married, and we’re... there’s no baby, but... it’s a beautiful dream, Clark. I... I almost wish it were true.”
And beautiful ending. I wish it were true too.

Please, more soon.

Kerth
Kerth
Only once a week? hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Features Writer
Features Writer
david i'm really crying here! whinging mecry Is she going to tell him the truth please i can't take it no more frown mecry mecry mecry grovel

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heartbreaking. Along with what everybody else said... this is so simple but so powerful. You leave me in awe as well as gnashing my teeth in bitter envy laugh

Lois was more vulnerable in this episode, and clearly she's been softening up with this new, more demonstrative Clark.

On one hand, I'd love to see Lois's POV about this, but on the other hand, sticking with Clark makes being inside his head that much more intense. We're getting a fairly clear view of how Lois is reacting, I think.

Next part, please!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You can't leave people with lines like this! AH DAVE! goofy

Soooo sad and good! More soon! laugh

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.