Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25366 11/12/05 11:04 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Emily & Nathan, huh? - Cute! goofy

But I've got a feeling that Nathan might have been "asked" to get friendly with Emily. eek

I absolutely loved Emily and Jack's characterizations and their individual styles smile

thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#25367 11/12/05 11:23 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I just read all of what you've posted and I REALLY like this story. Emily is so much like Lois it's almost scary. And I really enjoy the characterization of Nathan. I think he's going to be a really interesting character. Great stuff!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
#25368 11/13/05 05:17 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Yep, Nathan is a really interesting character... a bad guy or not? confused

More!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#25369 11/13/05 05:29 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Loved it!
I like Nathan a lot. I don't think he's one of the bad guys, but... who knows?
Looking forward to the next part (yay! It got longer!).
Anna smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#25370 11/13/05 05:28 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is great! I like how you're showing Emily's struggles with her powers, and her anticipation of some of the problems she'll likely have based on her brother's experience.

And I, too, like Nathan. You've done a good job of portraying him as a kid with a reputation as a trouble-maker, but one who seems reluctantly fascinated by Emily. He seems to have a history at the school - doesn't seem to be another 'new kid.' I'm hoping that rules out his being a threat to Emily and/or Jack re Lois and Clark's investigation.

Perhaps he'll actually turn out to be an ally? He seems to be around watching a lot, but based on Emily's changing perceptions of him, it sounds like there may be some hope of them becoming friends, of a sort. Maybe if danger looms he'll be on her side.

More soon?

This is very good.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#25371 11/13/05 05:55 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm really glad that you're all reading and enjoying this story so far! Only two parts left.

I've really enjoyed creating Nathan, too. The funny thing is, I didn't intend to in the slightest. The story was going to be all about Emily. But when I started, and she was looking around the classroom, the boy throwing spitballs happened to catch her eye. And he was so bound and determined to become a character of his own that... I let him. Shows how characters can develop theirselves, doesn't it?

Hope you enjoy the next part!

#25372 11/14/05 12:51 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard