#25127 11/03/05 08:44 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, first of all - this was too short! <g>

But, I loved it! Really enjoyed the little hook at the start. Worked very well and was beautifully phrased, I thought. I especially loved that the problem was big but the 'package' it came in was small. goofy Certainly intrigued me into reading further.

And - ooops. Poor Clark! What a socially embarrassing problem to have! I just adore that Lois is doing this to him though. And all completely unaware.

Post more soon, please! I want to see how he figures this one out!

Terrific debut, Janet! clap clap

LabRat smile

PS - also, almost forgot, love the title!

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay!! You posted! smile1

Now I can sit back and be smug, while everyone else has to wait and see what will happen. goofy

And I can be even smugger, knowing that I was right... wink

Okay, so since this is supposed to be a feedback folder, I'll just tell you again that I love the premise. We all saw Clark lose control over his powers at times, and especially that moment in the Pilot when he saw Lois looking so stunning. Yet no-one else ever thought of this idea. Well done, for thinking of it and for writing it so well! thumbsup And for such a great title. smile

And... woohoo!!! ...we have another new author for this year!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ditto about the title! After reading this part, it's perfect!

This is such an original idea to base a story around. I never really thought about how much he lost control in the first season, breaking phones and clocks and floating at the ball and whatnot. I can already see this is going to be a creative and fun story! laugh I'm here for the ride!

~NICOLE smile1

ps- I also thought it was too short wink So maybe you should post the next part soon to make up for it!! wink wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. drool Love the way you portrait Clark intense feeling for Lois. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I'm with the others. Very good part. Very funny and such an original idea. I will read it.

I too think that the title is really great.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
PS, this story looks great. I read the first few lines and was hooked! As soon as I can carve out some time down the road to read between work and school, it'll definitely be on my reading list!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Ditto to what Rat said!!! Too short, but definitely a great hook! Which, by the way, just so you know... I'm not suppose to be reading fic. I really don't have the time right towards the end of the semester. I was just taking an innocent little peek since I, too, agree with Wendy that you should be writing (I've always enjoyed your fdk posts!). That was the plan - just a tiny peek to see what it was about. But, no, you wouldn't let me. Hook, line and sinker! And I ended up reading the whole dang part. smile1

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
You're going to have to excuse me if I repeat anything anyone else said - I haven't read the fdk thread yet. But... yeah, this was fantastic! smile

Way too short, but fantastic. laugh

I really love the short little introduction. It's... perfect.

Just a few things that I *had* to point out:

But how? The obvious solution - avoid Lois Lane - would be impossible. He might as well decide to… to live underwater, or find the Holy Grail, or… lay an egg.
Absolutely love that! rotflol

It was more of a nuisance, really, than an ability… or maybe more like a nervous tic.
Don't really have anything to add to that, just thought it needed to be said again somewhere. wink

And this part... I love this part:

She’d almost caught him floating, though, that night they’d stayed late at the Planet, trying to piece together Samuel Platt’s report.
through to
All she’d done was issue a warning – “Don’t fall for me, Farmboy, I don’t have time for it” - and shortly after that they’d left the newsroom.
It made me crack up. That... is just... so clever! <g>

I really love that - he hadn't *fallen* for her, he'd *floated* for her! laugh

This was excellent, Janet. I really hope to see more of it soon... like... today? I'll even accept tomorrow. Grudgingly.

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
He might as well decide to… to live underwater, or find the Holy Grail, or… lay an egg.
rotflol

Very clever. Very interesting premise.

Looks like it's going to be a fun read!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great start and original. I'd love to read more, ie. post soon! cat

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh yeah! One unique idea, one sweet title and you've already won me as a reader smile I have some vague idea where this may or may not lead but I favor the surprise over wracking my brain about this matter.

For now I'm quite content in enjoying this first chapter which is easy, because your style of writing is comfortable and it makes me want to keep on reading ... if only you would update soon thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh short and sweet! Nice! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you all for the very encouraging comments! I have to say, I never really thought I'd be on the receiving end of comments. It's a pretty great feeling! smile1

I'm glad the nervous tic line worked so well, and Clark's... er, impossible choices. I had a lot of fun writing this story, and I'm glad the humor works so well.

Dave - Actually, I don't think I ever thought about the falling-vs-floating thing, at least consciously. blush I wish I had, and I think it's neat that you saw that.

Now, for all of you who felt this part was a little too short... hey, I've been there, reading other authors' work - I can relate. I'm a nice, civic-minded FoLC (except apparently, I'm leading Sara astray) :p and I can take a hint. So I've posted part 2 and it is much longer. laugh

This story is finished, except for a little... shall we say italics-fixing, Wendy? So while I haven't counted how many parts I've got, I do have a lot I can post.

How does every other day or so sound?

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard