Hey all this is my first story so please be patient. I hope it works out, but I have no idea where I am going with it. Any critisism or comments is definately wanted, gives me an idea of what you all like and don't. The story has no exact time frame, although it is pretty true to Season 1; Lois and Clark "dislike" each other and the character Cat is in the story...

Disclaimers: Lois and Clark (and all other main characters) are characters of Warner Brothers and ABC, although this Halloween story is mine, for the time being. Some plot twists later on maybe taken from the show or from other Superman media; I will address this accordingly as the story unfolds.

Daily Planet:
Morning

Everyone that is Lois, Clark, and Jimmy are gathered around the pit having their usual morning conversation. It was a week before the Daily Planet’s annual Halloween party, so the general morning banter was about who was going with whom and who was wearing what.

“So Lois what are you going to dress up as?” Clark asked.

“Actually, Clark I was planning on not going. Halloween is for children after all, wouldn’t want to ruin their fun,” Lois explained.

“Surprise, surprise,” Jimmy cut in.

“What is that supposed to mean? Are you suggesting that I am no fun?

“If the shoe fits,” said Clark.

Lois cut him a dirty look, trying to make it quiet clear to him where he stood in the ranks; after all she was ‘top banana’. “Well what are you going as?” she sneered.

“Actually I have not come up with a costume yet. Have any ideas?” Clark sincerely asked.

“Well you could dress up as farmer John, I am sure that would not be too difficult.”

Clark rolled his eyes, “Ouch!”

Cat saw the commotion and decided to join in, “What’s going on here?”

“Oh, we were just chatting about the annual Halloween party,” Jimmy piped up.

“Uh that old thing, it is so boring they always forget that in order to have a party, you need to get down and parté,” Cat said as she did a sexy little mambo.

“Aw Cat, you might have fun, if you went with just the right person,” Jimmy was hinting at himself of course.

“If the right person means you, I think I will pass, after all we are related. Remember?”

“Why did I ever bring that up?” Jimmy scolded himself.

“So what are you doing for Halloween then Cat, joining Lois for a quiet evening at home?” Clark poked.

“No, the society columnist of the Daily Planet does not stay at home and mope.” As she was heading for her desk she continued, “In fact I am going to the haunted mansion that Lex has opened. He is funding it so that even the poor kids of Metropolis can enjoy a little bit of Halloween fun. Of course, it is open to everyone, but his intentions were to bring some fun for those less fortunate. They say that there is even a part for adults,” Cat winked at Clark and then proceeded on making her way to her desk.

Clark slightly blushed, as he rolled his eyes ‘Yea right good intentions, I do not think that man has one good bone in his body,’ he thought to himself.

Lois immediately recognized ‘the look’, “Your doing it again! When will you give up this notion that Lex is an evil man…?” Just then she was interrupted by their Editor and Chief, Perry White.

“Enough chit chat boys and girls this is not a coffee shop it is a newspaper, and just in case you all forgot we have one to run!” slowly his voice escalated almost to the point of yelling.

Being his usual self, Jimmy tested Perry’s limits by asking, “Chief what are you going to the Halloween party…?”

“Jimmy I do believe you have some research to be doing.”

Jimmy walked off mumbling under his breath, mocking Perry’s authority.

“…and Jimmy, stop mumbling under your breath!”

Perry headed to his office, “Lois, Clark, follow me to my office.”

“Be right there chief,” Clark said. Lois and Clark gathered up their stuff and went to Perry’s office. They both entered his office.

“What are you guys doing on Halloween?” Perry asked.

“Oooooh, well, ya know… I am just doing… you know,” Lois was trying to think of something intriguing to say.

Clark gave Lois a quick look before he cut in, “Well Lois is doing nothing, and I am going to the Halloween party dressed as Farmer John,”

Lois gave Clark one of her patented ‘oh your really funny’ looks; he knew he was going to get a scolding later.

Perry laughed a little and chimed in, “Well all your plans are now off, I have a new story for you two.”

“A story!” Lois’ eyes just beamed with excitement.

“Yes, Lois he has a story for US.”

Lois turned away trying her best to ignore Clark.

“Let me know when you two are done, so I can continue,” Perry interrupted.

“I think I can handle this one on my own Perry. How big can it be? Plus I wouldn’t want Clark to miss out on the party.”

Before Lois could say anymore he cut in, “Actually you are both going to a party, not as good as the Daily Planet’s of course, but a party nonetheless,” Perry chuckled to himself.

All of a sudden the fire and passion in Lois’ eyes went out, “A party? What do you mean and what kind of party?”

“A Halloween party, in fact it is the one that Lex is putting on.”

Now it was Clark’s turn for the fire to go out.

In seconds flat they had both lost interest in the opportunity that Perry was laying out on the table for them. If there was really a story behind the rumours going on he needed his top reporters to be there. He needed to get their interest back and fast. “I know that this is something that you both were not expecting, but I need you guys to be there,” he pretended to feel their ‘pain’, “…and rumour has it that Superman is going to be there,” he continued.

As if on cue, Lois immediately replied, “Right on it chief”.

Clark on the other hand was stunned, his mouth was wide open and he had a puzzled look on his face. He did not remember agreeing to do a publicity stunt as Superman, and certainly not for Luthor. Clark knew something was up, he had lots of questions that he needed answers to. Going to Luthor’s party was not on the top of his ‘to do list’, but if it meant finding out what Lex had plotted, he was willing to do it. He hesitantly answered, “Yea, me too chief.”

“Great I knew you two would come around,” it was not time for Perry to lay down the law; let them know what he expected. “Now I want you to be there tonight. Start doing a little digging and see if anything looks suspicious. Report back tomorrow, and we will go from there.”

Lois and Clark made their way to the door, assuming that Perry was done with his spiel.

“Wait a minute! I forgot to mention that you will have to go in costume. That way if we need to send you guys back you have a disguise.” Both Clark and Perry did their best to refrain from laughing.

Lois did not say anything; she just glared at the two and stomped out of Perry’s office.

Clark went after Lois.

Thanks, Judy