Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. razz

“Lois we can’t…I can’t…” he ran a hand through his hair in distraction. “I’m sorry, but this can’t happen.”

“Was it me?” She bit her lip, unable to believe she could have read him so falsely. “You were telling the truth the day we got the Planet back weren’t you? You really don’t have feelings for me, do you?”

“What? No Lois that’s not it at all I…”

“Oh I’ve made such a mess of things,” she continued, not even having heard Clark. “I shouldn’t have…now I’ve ruined our friendship” She had to get away from him, as far away from him as the confines of the store would allow. “I’m sorry Clark…I’m sorry.”
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Great Part. I like your story. To trap them together is a good idea, even if, at first, I was surprised that Clark didn't broke the door saying that it wasn't well closed.

She threw him the ball. “Your turn and could you at least humour me and miss once?”
LOL. It's so Lois. She always want to win.

“My first love…” he paused a moment as if trying to figure out how to say it. “She didn’t love me back Lois. It’s kind of a painful thing for me. Can we leave it at that?”
Clark, idiot. Tell her you love her; she loves you back. And you would know it if you had let her go first before the planet after Lex's death.

“Sorry Lois, my gangster days are over.” He replied with a grin. At the mention of gangsters, she was suddenly taken violently back to that night at the club. In her mind, she could see Dillinger’s gun aimed at her, feel the fear within her as he pulled the trigger and watch as Clark dove in front of the gun for her, taking the bullet for himself. Panic welled up in her suddenly as she looked into his face and the enormity of what he had done hit her full force yet again. A relationship terrified her, but the idea of him dying without knowing how she really felt terrified her even more. She dropped the basketball, not even realizing that her hands had begun to tremble. Clark’s expression immediately went from that of a grin, to one of concern. “Lois are you OK? Was it something I said?”
I've felt exactly what Lois felt. That scene and the scene after that, when Clark and Lois discuss his "death" almost made me cry.

“OK Lois, what is your dare?” He sounded guarded again, and Lois worked up her courage to continue with her plan.

“Clark, I dare you…” she swallowed slightly, knowing this was her last chance to back out. Instead, she forged ahead. “I dare you to kiss me.”
Yes, Lois ! Go on !
What a great dare. And it's not Clark who will be complaining laugh

Suddenly, as if a bucket of cold water had been splashed on the both of them, Clark let her go and stepped back. His breathing was ragged and uneven, matching hers and his eyes had darkened considerably by desire. Lois felt as if part of herself had been ripped away and cried out at the lack of physical contact.

“Lois we can’t…I can’t…” he ran a hand through his hair in distraction. “I’m sorry, but this can’t happen.”
Clark, you're really an idiot ! razz

Tvnerdgirl, please, made him say something intelligent to made the situation better.

Great part. I'm waiting for the next.

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Just read parts 3 and 4.

So, first of all: AWWWWWW!!!! thumbsup

But then, what happened? What made him pull back?? wave

Columnist
Columnist
This part almost made me cry. Good for Lois, getting her feelings out...well some of them. It's so like her to completely change directions, like from talking about something to doing a seemingly unrelated action.

But Clark...I think I understand why he stopped, but he could have handled that situation SOOO much better. sad

Can't wait till the next part!
~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Top Banana
Top Banana
Gosh, I felt the pain in Clark's words. Even though Lois was blind in the past, I feel sorry for her now and I don't blame her for running away from Clark. sad

More soon, please! Oh and yes, Clark you are an idiot! wallbash

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Kerth
Kerth
So sweet, and then what a cruel cliffhanger! Get back here!!! wave Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
arrgh!

Okay, time to call up the Kryptonite Bat Brigade! (I'm thinking baseball here, btw, not anything that flies)

Who's with me? wildguy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Yeah, I thought you had this story all done and figured out. Come back here with the next part! wildguy

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Damn! And it was going so well. Fix them soon. Nice introspection on Lois's part. Clark better tell her the truth soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard