Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#249327 04/01/08 09:12 AM
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I heard this song last week and thought it might be fun to vid. It was so fun that I finished it in a single evening. And then I sat on it for days and days because, well, it's kind of cheesy. Many, many thanks to Lara for finding the song for me. laugh

9 to 5 - Dolly Parton

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#249328 04/01/08 09:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
heee! You posted!! smile

I love what you did with this, it so cracks me up. Totally goes with what Clark meant with he said "Superman is what I can do" in Tempus Fugitive. hehehe!

- the scenes you picked for "it's enough to drive you crazy" are all just way too funny.
- "for service and devotion" rotflol Definitely devotion, that!
- nice choice on "the boss" -- I think since that's what they called him in late S1, it's a better choice than using Perry here. smile
- "that man is out to get me" -- hahahaha! Oh, he got you. hee!
(ah dang and now I see the scene where he's shot at from Target Jimmy Olsen and... ah... THAT is what I should have used in my teaser vid... d'oh!)

Awww! I really love this. Great choice of song and you did a really super job of it (stupid pun intended).

sloppy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#249329 04/01/08 11:29 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Aww! Hee! That was funny and cute!

My brain had this conversation with itself:

Brain: But Lex isn't Superman's Boss!
Myself: Well, if you think about it, he is!
Brain: Oh yeah? How so, Miss Smartypants?
Myself: Because Superman's job is to save the world and in the beginning he did that mostly by stopping Luthor.
Brain: ...Your logic will not work on meee! :p

I loved the scene where it was 'seems like my boss is out to get me' and the cage falls on him. Heee!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#249330 04/02/08 02:14 PM
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks you guys! It means the world to me that two of my favorite vidders watched (and liked!) this.

sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#249331 04/02/08 04:38 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, Sue! smile That's a great video. clap I always liked that Dolly Parton song, although I was shocked at the suggestion that Dolly and her girlfriend colleagues would be smoking pot - that's a very Swedish thing, being horrified at the idea of someone smoking pot, but shrugging if you hear that they are in an unmarried sexual relationship. Ah, but Superman did neither - no smoking pot, and no sex, unmarried or otherwise! The poor guy was working 24/7 instead! 9 to 5, indeed, and then 5 to 9 on top of that!

Great to see you back here with this delightful video, Sue! clap

Ann

#249332 04/03/08 09:15 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sue!!! I just saw all the American Idols sing this last night and was thinking what a great vid it would be. How funny is that?!!

It worked so perfectly. Awesome job with the clips. And the part where the lyrics say, "its a better life" it lines up almost perfectly with whatever Clark is saying to Tiffani (with an i :rolleyes: ). Looked like he was saying it!

Great job!!! thumbsup

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#249333 04/04/08 01:36 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Finally got to see this, thumbsup very cool!! Just reminds me that I'll be LEAVING my job soon YAY!!!

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
#249334 05/05/08 05:32 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Er... I was telling Sue that I liked this video and she told me she didn't know I had seen it. blush So I remembered though I had intended to leave FDK for this video, I never did. /me slaps herself So, as I believe that late FDK is better than no FDK, I'm writing it now. drool

<Its all takin and no givin> The scenes matched perfectly and I felt sorry for Clark. Sometimes a hero job is an ungrateful task. :rolleyes:

<They just use your mind and they never give you credit> It makes sense that Lois is always in the scene. goofy

<You would think that I would deserve a fair promotion, want to move ahead but the boss wont seem to let me in> Luthor as boss?! thumbsup

Sue, my queen! Please, forgive me! clap

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard