Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, instead of working on my own Crossover Fic, I was inspired to make a Poster for BJ.

Hope you like it.

It\'s About Time by BJ

[Linked Image]

Or this one, I like them both.

[Linked Image]

Pictures found at time-and-space.co.uk. and at www.loisandclarkarchive.com/home.htm. Poster created using Adobe PhotoShop 7.0.1

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice! Love the melding of images smile

Wendy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you Wendy! It was so hard to find a pic of the Time Window device that when I stumbled on the picture of the communication device used by Ching, I jumped on it!

James

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ooh! Great poster! I really like the smile shot of Billie Piper's face superimposed above the image of her standing on the beach crying over losing the Doctor, although I'm not sure the Doctor would want to travel with her for decades and watch her get older while he just keeps on regenerating. I think that's one of the reasons he changes companions so often.

I laughed when I saw the Chris Barrie in the first Lara Croft movie, because I'd been watching him in Red Dwarf for years. He looked so weird without that silver 'H' on his forehead. But I'm sure he was glad to do something that didn't require him to be such a dork.

Anyway, great poster! It fits the story so very well, with that element of hope riding above all the pain and loss. You've captured the feel of the story very well, and I wish I had that kind of visual talent. (Where's the envy graemlin when you need it?)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ooo, James, that's awesome! Love how you got the smiling photo of Rose in there, superimposed over her crying on the beach, and the image of Lois and Superman. And I ADORE the tag line! Just fabulous. laugh

But I couldn't resist responding to this comment:

Terry wrote:
I'm not sure the Doctor would want to travel with her for decades and watch her get older while he just keeps on regenerating. I think that's one of the reasons he changes companions so often.
I think that's certainly arguable for Old School Who, but I personally don't believe it for the current series. The Doctor is by no means just "moving on" after losing Rose, as pretty much all of Season 3 has shown. And the Doctor even told Rose himself, "You can spend the rest of your life with me," in Season 2. (Not to mention his inviting the answer "Forever", with his, "How long are you going to stay with me?" *happy sigh*) No, it wouldn't be easy on him, watching her age and having to eventually slow down their lifestyle, but I think she's the one person he'd actually consider doing it for. The actors, the producers, the writers, even Russell T Davis himself, have all said that the Doctor is completely in love with Rose Tyler (and she with him). So I'm definitely of the "soulmates" ilk -- maybe not in the same way that Lois and Clark are, but certainly enough to believe that Rose is no ordinary companion. smile

Kathy

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you blush

Y'all have me being a lot more thoughtful than I actually am. I originally had the image of the Dr. 10 sad and contemplating the weeping Rose, but it just didn't seem right. Rose was the focus of the story and the hope of her finding her Dr.

BTW, the image of the hand was the second most difficult manip for this image. Originally, it had a grassy background and I scrounged forever to find an image of a laboratory table with stuff on it to replace it with.

The hardest part was getting the background of weeping Rose positioned just so and fading the dark and light portions correctly.

I would be happy to read ANY Dr. Who story where The two of them got back together.

James

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, wow! A FFP for me? smile1

James, the poster is wonderful and I'm simply flabbergasted that you made a poster for my story. Thank you! It's fantastic!

/me dances around with joy and then sits back down in my cube quickly so as to avoid the strange looks of my co-workers.

Others have already mentioned the beauty of hopeful/loving Rose over sad Rose on the beach. The picture of Lois and Superman is perfect.

I loves it! sloppy

BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Absolutely fantastic poster, James!! By the way, I love your Superman dog icon.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
James said:
I would be happy to read ANY Dr. Who story where The two of them got back together.
Oh, there are LOTS of reunion stories out there, James. I know that you'd have a particular issue with any stories including sexual intimacy either before or after the reunion, so that's one limitation, but there are plenty that involve neither. (I was going to recommend one of my favourites, Life After , by my friend Gillian Taylor, until I skimmed it and realised there's one brief, obliquely-described sex scene in it).

If you're on LiveJournal, you could try the community dw_ficsearch; I can't get the URL here but it's probably http://community.livejournal.com/dw_ficsearch. It's a comm for finding fics, naturally, wink but people also use it for recommendations. List your parameters in terms of content/rating, and people will suggest stories for you.

And, okay, a tiny bit of self-pimping; here's one that will meet your criteria: Impossible Odds

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard