Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
After months of procrastination, I've finally finished this one. Huge thanks to Lara and Jenn for their suggestions. Thanks also to Paul, who unintentionally inspired me with his vid for Tempus Fugit (suddenly I knew what to do with that really long bridge).

The Authority Song

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! you posted! *yay* smile1

Nice vid, Sue! Got quite a few giggles out of me. That very last scene - the look on her face is absolutely *priceless*. laugh

Yay for kick-a** Lois!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol! Nice one, Sue! Love the casket jump, and yeah, perfect ending! Great song for Lois, as you've proven so well. smile

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Features Writer
Features Writer
In this spirit of this video, I decided to defy authority myself and sit there with my headphones on, watching it, in total defiance of department policy, with the boss 20 feet away. Oh well.

Anyway, Sue, I am SO thrilled that you finally finished this video, and it was worth the wait. thumbsup

It's nice to see such a badass working at a major metropolitan newspaper. wink I loved all of the clips you picked, and the song works so well. Lois has sure kicked the crap out of a fair share of criminals, hasn't she?

This could very well rival "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" as my favorite Lois video. LOVE it. clap

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks! I'm so glad you guys liked it. smile

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<crawls and scratches her way out of lurkdom>

Hi Sue! <waves sheepishly>

Boy, a girl's gone for a while with a new hobby and suddenly she's out of the loop. laugh

Loved the vid... too cute! LOL at the bridge, yes, a natural fit and the ending statement made me giggle. Very fun vid. Good job! <pats Sue on the back>

However, I really wanted to leave you some fdk for "Happy Ending"... but then I remembered when you offered to give me a peek at it (and told me about this vid) that you said something along the lines of you weren't sure if you were going to post it...

Have you lost your mind?

Happy Ending was so awesome! Made me all sniffly... and really pulled hard on my heart strings <almost made me want to sit down with my pen and paper again wink if that tells you anything>

The scenes you chose were wonderful... made me remember all the things that made this show so great.

So anyway, great job on Authority, but definitely post Happy Ending. <hug>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
...What DJ just said. Happy Ending was awesome!!! post it, already!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, Sue, I so rarely watch any videos at all... I just haven't gotten into the habit of it. But, well, the title... The Authority Song... now I had to take a peek at that, didn't I? And it was made by you, too. And it was about Lois.

Well, I've got this confession to make. When I listen to songs in English, I so often miss a lot of the lyrics. That's when I really feel soooo Swedish. So did I get all of it this time? Not a chance.

Ah, but I certainly heard that repeated phrase, "I always win". And watching all those gorgeous clips showing Lois either in danger, or kicking a**, or triumphant, or sullen, was just so much fun!!

Thank you for this vid, Sue!

Ann

C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Ah, but I certainly heard that repeated phrase, "I always win".
Actually, the phrase is: "I fight authority, authority always wins." smile You can look up the lyrics here .

This was great, Sue smile . It really fits Lois so well.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oooops! Thanks, C_A! blush

Ann

Moderated by  KSaraSara