Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#248498 09/16/07 08:48 AM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, so a while back, I made a music video to Avril Lavigne's When You\'re Gone <shameless self-promotion> It was a NK vid and several people lamented that I should have made it end sad.

So...

Here you go. A NK vid that does NOT have a resolution at the end. One that doesn't end happy, like the other one. <hopes this doesn't mean half my audience will abandon me - give it a chance, please?>

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. I'm posting 2 links. The first one is the large version at File Front (better resolution) because the 2nd one is at folcvideo.com which requires a smaller file.

Enjoy! Oh, and please let me know what you thought. <g>

Who Knew - Large
Who Knew - Small

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#248499 09/16/07 09:23 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wow - I'd never have thought of Pink when thinking about songs for a video. Clearly a mistake as I now know. The video is just great, despite the fact that personally I prefer happy endings wink .

I don't know how often I've already seen the scenes of NK, but they are always beautiful, especially the "The last kiss I cherish until we meet again" ... *doublesigh*

Wonderful clap

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#248500 09/16/07 04:11 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
*Bravely opens up file* If you make me cry, DJ, I swear...!

Aww! That first "remember when" was so cute! What episode was that?

I love the transitions! Those colors were really striking. And that was a wonderful video. But I hate and love sad endings. *lower lip trembles* I might have to go watch your happy NK vid just to reassure myself things turn out ok!

But great job, as always.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#248501 09/16/07 04:59 PM
Columnist
Columnist
clap Wonderful! I loved it! I really liked the colors, as Laura already mentioned. And I loved the end, the ball of light slowly leaving earth was an awesome touch!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#248502 09/16/07 09:03 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Oh I like how it started with Clark saying : ''Lois, don't worry I know where my home is.'' Great line to start with!

I loved the flashbacks you put in and the ending was super like that!! It's a good thing I know it really has a happy ending though wink

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#248503 09/16/07 09:04 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
GREAT video! I love that song and I have often thought it really is fitting for Teri and Dean. So to find a Lois and Clark video is just as good! I love the last part where you matched the "last kiss" to the night before he went to New Krypton was fantastic. Good job!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#248504 09/18/07 11:10 AM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi everyone! wave

Thanks so much for the fdk!

Hi lcfan4ever. Yes, Pink wouldn't be my normal choice, but when I heard that line (the one you brought out about the "last kiss") I just KNEW I had to make it into a vid. <g> I'm glad you enjoyed it (even without the happy ending). Thanks for the fdk.

Hi Laura S! LOL - Is it wrong that I'm laughing at your threat? (And enjoying it?) The first remember when (when Lois does the cute little thing with her hands?) is from "Through a Glass Darkly" when they stop by Clark's apartment so he can get his "lucky fly" to loan to Jimmy for his fishing trip. <g> I always liked that scene. I'm glad you enjoyed it and giggling that you may have watched the other one again so you could have a happy ending. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Symbolic! Thank you! Ooooh, I'm glad you liked the end. I didn't quite know how to end it, and since it was from Lois's POV and wasn't supposed to end "happy" that seemed to work. <g> Thanks for the fdk, glad you liked it.

Hi Camy! Thanks - glad you enjoyed that first line. I thought it was an appropriate start. <g> Yes, isn't it good to know things all turned out all right in the end. <g> Thanks for the fdk.

Hi Jax! I LOVE that last kiss. It gets me every time. I'm glad you enjoyed the vid and thanks for the fdk.

Oh, and because I forgot to mention it before... the song inspired the vid... but a story was also inspiring. If you haven't read Goblin Bee by Sue S. - well, there's the link. That was bouncing around in my brain too when I was thinking of making that vid. Had to give a nod to Sue. <g>

Thanks again for the fdk everyone!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#248505 09/18/07 04:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I swear you read my mind this month. This song is on the radio every other day, and every time it comes on, I say, wow, there NEEDS to be a New Krypton video for it...and it's so the tearjerker I envisioned! You made a fabulous video!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#248506 09/21/07 01:40 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Something about this song fascinates me, despite my usual dislike for Pink.

I'm glad you made it a video. I know it was supposed to be sad but the part where Lois almost punches Ralph made me LOL. Good job.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#248507 09/22/07 01:57 AM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooooh more fdk!

Hi Jen! LOL - yes, seems I was reading your thoughts. <g> I heard this song the first time when i was still half asleep (radio alarm was going off). My muse perked her ears up and said - why that would make a perfect NK vid. Then everytime I heard it on the radio, I kept having flashes of scenes that I thought would fit perfectly. So I'm so glad you liked it. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Capes! Hee hee. Glad you enjoyed the almost punching Ralph part. If only we did have a clip of her really punching him - we'd all love that, wouldn't we? LOL! Thanks for the fdk!

-- DJ

#248508 09/22/07 03:55 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Oh P!nk this is soooo cool. I am a big Pink fan and I saw her live last year. This song is perfect and this video is your best. I love it nuts.

Off to watch it again and again and again. smile1 smile1

#248509 09/22/07 05:04 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Something about this song fascinates me, despite my usual dislike for Pink.
Absolute ditto! Great choice of song and topic, and wonderful execution. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#248510 09/24/07 02:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! thumbsup The scene where Lois sees a man and think he's Clark... snif, snif. clap But I think that now you should make another happy ending video to make up for this one. wink

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#248511 10/04/07 07:26 PM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooooh, how did I miss this additional fdk???

Hi Pam! Thanks so much! My best? Really??? <blushes> Thanks, glad you liked it and glad it's worth watching again and again.

Hi Groobie! Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Andreia! I'm so glad you gave this one a chance too... and yes, we all *know* there's a happy ending. <g>

Hee hee... glad I could make you sniffle though. <g>

Another one? You want another one already? Sorry, Bubbles went on hiatus when Babbles came back - I can't seem to keep them both at the same time - LOL. Thanks for the fdk, Andreia!

Thanks again for all the fdk everyone!

-- DJ

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard