Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful story! thumbsup

"I’ll remember that." Anna stood up and faced Clark. "By the way, Clark, thank you for allowing me to tell David about the globe and your birth parents."

"No need to thank me, Anna. It’s all you have for a Kryptonian history, and it isn’t much."

"No it’s not. For you either."

Clark nodded his head in agreement.

"David and I tried to come up with who my parents were, and who the baby’s parents were."

"And?"

"We figure that the technology had been developed and known on the planet. And more people than Jor-El must have been worried about the survival of the planet. Maybe there were some other scientists who were trying to save their children."

"Possibly. I don’t think we’ll ever know," Clark said.
hyper

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WONDERFUL!!!!!! A wedding!!! I KNEW you wouldn't keep David away! You scared me though, w/ your last comment in the FDK for part 13!! grumble

Anna, who are you?" David whispered.
This line, for me, was the just the best! thumbsup It carries so much weight and emotion, and it's superb because while David needs to know this, Anna herself needs to know it too. She finally needs to be ready to answer this question for herself. It was a fantastic line. It was short, but just SO intense!

Gerry, this was a great story! I didn't think I could get so attached to a love story between people that were NOT Lois & Clark. You wrote David and Anna so well! And it was icing on the cake that the Lois and Clark story was great too! So the story promised a lot all around! Especially for a sap like me. Great mystery, great characterization, great new characters/love story, great STORY clap

~NICOLE

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Just a minute," she yelled out and quickly flew up to her room, spun into a pair of slacks and a blouse, pulled her hair out of the knot she’d made with a scrunchie and let it flow onto her shoulders. Before going downstairs, she checked her face in the mirror. A little eyeliner and some blush. "Good enough," she said to her image.

Thirty seconds later she was downstairs, opening the door. "David," she whispered, "What are you doing here?"
I sooooo want to be Kryptonian!!!

I love this part.

Dont'forget to send this to the archive. thumbsup

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story, I'm going to miss looking forward to it being posted at the board.

SEQUEL.

PLEASE? hyper

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw very nice ending. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Gerry

Congratulations on an excellent story! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
That saved me one large bag of chips(sour cream and onion), six spicy buffalo wings (cole slaw on the side),one pound of Hershey's kisses, a half gallon French vanilla ice cream and a diet 7 up.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Fantastic story. hyper

I'm already lookig forward to the sequel.

Also, please don't forget to put the story onto the main archive.

All the best,

SNL

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really great finish, Gerry: Anna as Aurora was the perfect touch. smile And it was terrific to see Superman and Aurora working together. thumbsup

And you gave us the romantic, emotional David/Anna scene we were all waiting for. Just lovely! You did a great job with these original characters: created two people we all wanted to know more about, even more than we wanted to hear about Lois and Clark in the story. wink

Thanks for writing this.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Very nice ending! Good to see that David was able to get over what happened and give her a second chance. A little communication can straighten out a lot of misunderstandings.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap clap clap

Gerry, so well written, 2 wonderful new characters, and a Lois and Clark who are so "Lois and Clark". smile

c

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a wonderful ending to a great story! I haven't been able to leave fdk all the time, but I've been reading along and loving it. Have to say I never thought of the possibility (besides in Mary Sue-dom, which this is *not*) of there being more than one baby sent over. You took that possibility and turned it into real characters and a real story that I have really enjoyed. Keep writing! laugh

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Sorry, Gerry, I postd this earlier but in the wrong place. blush

It's a terrific story, Gerry, and a great addition to L&C lore. Now, aren't you glad you didn't abandon it after it languished for a year, unfinished, on your hard drive?

Jude

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed this story.

I was a bit worried that people wouldn't be interested in reading about a couple who wasn't Lois and Clark, and I did try to make Anna and David different.

I've always thought about what made Clark so special (his nature, Jonathan and Martha, living on a farm...) What happens when circumstances change? What happens when the superhero is female and growing up in a different environment. Some of my Canadian folc friends felt that the fact she grew up in Canada may have influenced her not wanting to put on the tights and cape. goofy

Some of you mentioned a sequel. Right now, Anna and David are on their honeymoon. Although I know a lot about Anna that never made it to Northern Lights, I'm not sure that there's going to be a sequel, at least I'm not planning one.

I'd like to take this opportunity to give Maria a special thank you. There were times when I felt that no one was reading this fanfic. I'd go back to the boards and there was no feedback for a long time, and then there would be a post by Maria. Her detailed posts made me feel so much better. She highlighted parts that let me know that what I intended was really happening. So, since I have no idea when fanfic reader appreciation day is, I'd like to use this as a way of thanking Maria. I really appreciate the effort you put into giving feedback. love

I'd also like to thank everyone who gave feedback over the course of this fic. I really, really appreciated it.

Thank you,
gerry
smile

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Some of you mentioned a sequel. Right now, Anna and David are on their honeymoon. Although I know a lot about Anna that never made it to Northern Lights, I'm not sure that there's going to be a sequel, at least I'm not planning one.
blush Too bad! I think people felt in love with the couple and like to read more at least small stories. blush

So, since I have no idea when fanfic reader appreciation day is, I'd like to use this as a way of thanking Maria. I really appreciate the effort you put into giving feedback.
blush I think feedback is important, and know lot person who reads but because of RL is difficult for them to post comments.

They are reading! thumbsup

MAF peep

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
I just got caught up with this fic...sorry for not posting my feedback earlier, Gerry! This was a wonderful story. Your characterizations made me come to care about Anna and David and I was waiting for scenes with them together more than scenes with Lois and Clark! The emotional scene that brought Anna and David together was particularly well written. Fabulous! clap Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard