Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#247353 04/15/07 07:00 AM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
For years, I've looked at the posters that you guys have created in awe and wondered, 'How do they do that?' Well, I recently got a new program and... figured maybe I'd give it a shot. I chose a story that I'm currently working on because I figure if it's one of my stories and I screw this up really badly, no one will be offended.

I'm still not sure how you guys do a lot of the amazing things you do. But... Well, I guess this is at least something blush (now, hopefully, I will be able to get the image button to work right and the picture ends up the right size blush )

(Okay, me takes deep breath and... here I go...)

[Linked Image]

EDIT TO ADD: Hey, the picture came up wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#247354 04/15/07 10:33 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey that looks really cool! I'd definitely like to read the story. smile Have you posted any of it yet? Or is it just an "in-progress"? Anyway, great job on that poster! You've captured MY interest. laugh

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#247355 04/15/07 02:32 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
got me motivated, too. laugh

c.

#247356 04/15/07 06:04 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
New story, eh? hyper

And hey, anytime you feel like doing something wild in a poster, just ask. I'll yammer on about programs and buttons for days.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#247357 04/16/07 12:28 AM
Columnist
Columnist
WOW I really like the poster!!!
And you should let us know when you gonna post the story I would LOVE to read it!!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#247358 04/16/07 10:48 AM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, guys. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

As for when the story will be done... Well, I think it's going to be a short story so I suspect it will be done soon.

And, Shadow, I might take you up on that offer. For now, the program I have is Microsoft Digital Image. Would you know how I would take and make a picture a background? As in, with the above picture, if I had wanted the trees and building to be faded in the background, how would I do that? (If it's easy to explain)

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
#247359 04/16/07 11:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How's the program set up? Do you work in layers? I have to compare it to Photoshop since that's the program I use, but if I wanted to make a background image, I'd open up the photo, keep it by itself on a layer, and knock the opacity down to ohhh, whatever looks good. <g> I'd look for an opacity/transparency option or a percentage that you can toggle back and forth to fade the photo in and out. Then I'd place the text, etc on top of the photo on different layers so they can have their own 100% opacity.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#247360 04/20/07 04:17 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'd look for an opacity/transparency option or a percentage that you can toggle back and forth to fade the photo in and out. Then I'd place the text, etc on top of the photo on different layers so they can have their own 100% opacity.
Wow JD! You're smart! eek I feel like you were just speaking Kryptonian or something. Don't tell me, it's easier than it sounds right. dizzy

MLT - Can't wait for your story. I always love reading them even though I'm not very good about leaving Fdk. blush

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#247361 04/20/07 04:51 AM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, Shadow. It's been really busy here.

But... okay, the program does seem to work on some sort of layering principle. So I'll look for something called opacity or transparency and play with that a bit.

Thanks,

ML wave

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard