Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Let me know what you think!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ak! a shot! I think that was a cruel place to leave us. But the story is getting better and better. I will be back for more of your fine torture. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Holy cow! Somebody took at shot at them! Was it just a warning shot? If so, it'll just make Lois more determined to find out what's going on, not to mention drive her to clobber whoever blew out her window.

But did the shot hit someone? If it hit Lois, how badly is she hurt? If it hit Clark, how will Lois take the knowledge that he's THAT different, assuming all his powers are back and he's not bleeding in the passenger seat?

And who shot at them, and why? It's obviously related to the thug who assaulted Pete. Are they getting that close to the truth, or is someone just afraid they're about to get close?

And how's Pete? Is he scared, badly beaten, or maybe even dead? How will he react to this attack?

What else was in the file that Clark peeked into while Lois was arguing with that detective? What did Clark learn about the case, and how will he deal with this new information?

The way you wrote this almost makes me think someone ran up to the car, smashed in the driver's window with a club or a crowbar, and THEN fired into the cabin. Wow! This is a great turnaround! But I have to know more!

Dude, you can't do this! You left us with one pinky finger holding onto the edge of the cliff! And it's slipping!!! Bring the net (the next post) and hurry!!!!!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
peep
Pam peeks into the comments thread to see if it's safe to read this story yet...

Guess not laugh Sorry, Shayne, but I can't take the cliffhanger stress. I'll catch up, though, when you get to the happy ending smile

PJ
There is going to be a happy ending, right???

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble About who or the murder?

She started the engine and pulled out into the intersection.

“Clark-” Lois began. “I...”

She didn’t have a chance to finish. The sound of her window shattering made her scream and swerve wildly.

She didn’t hear the shot until it was too late.
hyper

Get back here! hyper

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
You cannot possibly be serious about stopping here!

Now, I do have a question. Why was Clark looking pale while leaning up against the wall. Was there kryptonite there? spider

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sigh So many questions, so few answers. Come back here at once, Shayne, and put that right!

Yvonne
(hoping that the shot hit Clark and it only bruised him a bit)

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
your story is always more fascinating with each post. So much suspense. It kills me, but I like it.

Each part is better than the previous. Keep it that way. your story is great and I will read it until the end, because you make me really curious about what had happened with this murder, and about what will happen next.

I can't wait your next post. Please, more soon.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WHAT?! You end it there?!

goofy
Intense cliff-hanger at 2 in the morning. I like it.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Wow! Like everyone else, I'm left with all these questions and no answers. I'm sure that whatever I visualize will be wrong, so I'm also anxiously awaiting your next post.

gerry

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cliffhangers are the staple, the bread and butter, of serialized fiction. And that is really what the message boards are; serialized fanfiction.

If each chapter ended in a nice neat little scene, there would be no urgency to get to the next part. No great anticipation. Now, instead of folks checking the boards and seeing the latest SMK part and saying "Oh, I'll have to take a look at that when I get the chance", they'll be spraining their fingers trying to click open the file fast enough.

Shane seems to have mastered the art.

Many queations, few answers. Lots of reasons to "Tune in next time".

Looking forward to more.

Tank (whose time is much more limited of late, but will make time to catch the next installment when it comes)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You are soooo evil !!!!

More soon please!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ShayneT,

Where is "Single White Kryptonian"? cat

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard