Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Continuing my occasional habit of making trailers for older stories, here's one for a fascinating alt story which I had the privilege of BRing, Carol Malo's exciting, complex and dramatic Connections .

Connections WMV version

Hope you enjoy!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, nice! That is an awesome story... I loved the way Carol mixed up elements from the series and I think you've done a good job re-creating that here. My favorite bit, I think, is Lois smirking at Trask laugh

Good work, W!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Okay... all I know is... I'm scared. goofy

Man... I'm torn, really. I want to yell at you to stop making trailers because you keep adding to my never shrinking reading list... but I love trailers. A lot. So... don't stop. laugh

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy, I was very excited to see this. smile1

I too especially liked the Lois shrug/ Trask clip, and also the bus at the begining with the cut to Lois.

But I don't think I saw the whole thing - I've had this trouble with videos before - the last thing I saw was Clark and Jor El. Maybe someone can explain how I can get the whole thing? Do I need to update software or something?

Thank-you, for doing this, Wendy!

c.

Columnist
Columnist
Wow! This is great, Wendy! It makes me want to go and read Connections all over again, which is not exactly a hardship since it's a favourite of mine.

Carol, I can't help with your problem but you didn't miss a lot. At the end, Jor-el appears and 5 seconds or less later, the trailer ends.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Irene. smile

Forgot to mention the image that I thought best captured the essence of the story was Lois and Clark's outstrecthed hands, trying to touch each other. smile

Wendy, you've given me a great start to my day. smile

c

Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, wonderful! I loved the music and imagery. Beautiful.

Now I have to put Connections on my to-read list. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks so much, everyone! I'm so glad you liked it! And most especially Carol - I'm always nervous about what the author will think of a trailer. shock I'm especially pleased that there are particular scene-choices which really work for you. laugh The outstretched hands were almost a last-minute choice; I remembered that clip and it seemed to me that the image sums up what Lois and Clark have to go through in a large chunk of the story.

And Lois smirking at Trask... given the relationship she has with Trask in Connections, I thought it was a fun angle. wink

Carol, when you view trailers do you just click on the link and run it as 'streaming video'? Because you can see it better if you right-click on the link and select 'save target as'. Save it to your hard drive, anywhere you'll remember to look for it, then find the file in your file manager/Windows Explorer and play from there.

Thanks again, all!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute Wendy, I will have to go read it now. Kisses to Puzzle. Laura

Wow I just read the story t was powerful and intersting and heart wrenching and wonderful! Thanks to you for suggesting it and Carol for writing it. Laura

Clark: β€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW, an excellent trailer! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
NICE!

That is all...

~Lois Lane Wanna Be (who should be packing to go back to school wink )

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I really need to check these trailers and videos more often, as I'm missing out on a lot of gems. smile

I love how you've merged the clips, Wendy, and the music choice just blends perfectly.

My favourite... the barely touching hands. It's just so right for this story.

And yes, I want to go read this story again. smile

Thank you, Wendy, for this lovely trailer, and thank you again, Carol, for writing this great story.

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard