Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#242908 09/20/05 06:42 AM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, I'm on a roll! Here's another: Meredith Knight's wonderful Night Errant .

Night Errant WMP

Hope you enjoy!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#242909 09/20/05 06:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, good work, Wendy! smile Good clip selection -- I think my favorite was Lois turning around to see the curtains flapping in Superman's wake...

Terrific story, too! Lots of angst, but a great ending. smile Which I re-read occasionally. Like maybe today, for instance laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#242910 09/20/05 10:58 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Wow.

I just read the story for the first time few days ago and I was thinking of maybe made a trailer for it, but I'm glad you did before I, because it's a really great trailer.

You captured the heart of the story very well. You selected the clips very well, and the music is perfect. The atmosphere is exactly the one of the story. And the title card hints the story perfectly, but without telling too much about what will happen; it's perfect.

I particularly loved the beginning, with the fire clips mixed with the Lois-Superman kissing clips. That's perfect to tell what was in Clark's mind that night.

I loved your trailer. Thank You for making it.

#242911 09/21/05 12:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I have to read this again! You got my favorite kiss in there. It is the one from the trip back in time. I really liked the music to this too Wendy, it fit well. I also like your use of the yellow with floating text. That had a very professional look to it. But of course my favorite part of all your video's is Puzzle. Give that cutie kittie a kiss for me. Laura

Clark: β€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#242912 09/22/05 03:04 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy, WOW, another excellent trailer! smile1

I love how you use recurring clips of Lois and Superman. Very effective! hail hail The music captures the story's atmosphere superbly.

Thanks for sharing. smile I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope you continue to make more trailers. wink

Tricia cool

#242913 09/22/05 02:49 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
A bit late on actually posting feedback, but I'm here now. wink

The quick cuts of the emergency scene at the beginning are very effective, not to mention seamlessly edited. You get a real sense that the emergency is still very much on his mind. And, of course, that first title card is a brilliant choice of words. thumbsup

The other clips your chose were just perfect. Lois and Clark, Superman and Lois, Clark and... that was Linda, right? I won't say why they're perfect so I don't spoil the story, but you obviously know why. wink

My absolute *favorite* part of this is the title card with the moving text and the flames licking around the corners. notworthy Brilliant idea all around with the flames. laugh

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#242914 09/26/05 08:16 AM
Columnist
Columnist
*douses self with water*

Wendy! Looooove this trailer. I agree with what sara says, the flames with the title card is awesome, and very good for the trailer. Fit's perfect. Dang steamy stories. Another one to add to the list to reread again. Oy! Glad I have a few days off. :p Good job!

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#242915 10/05/05 07:54 AM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
And nipping in here too to say many thanks to all of you - I'm so glad you liked the trailer. laugh And I'm especially pleased that so many of you mentioned the story title with flames in the background. smile That was one of those sudden strokes of inspiration which just seemed to work. wink It fit in with the theme of fire inserted between the scenes of Superman and Lois.

Poussin, I'm sorry that I pre-empted you on this one, but you know that there's no reason at all why a story shouldn't have two trailers. wink So if you have ideas go right ahead! Just as two fanfics using a similar premise end up being very different, so do two trailers - just look at the trailers for Are You Lonesome Tonight and For The Greater Good. Go for it! I loved your trailer for A Conscious Choice so I'm sure I'd love one by you for this story too.

I know that Mere hasn't had an opportunity to see this yet - she can't play trailers on her computer and has to wait until she can use a different PC. But I hope that, when you do see it, Mere, you'll be happy with it. smile

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard