Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for all the lovely comments.

I'm sorry if chapter 15 was depressing for some, but as Yvonne said, Lois is dealing with this as realistically as she can.

Maria, though it isn't written, my assumption is that Rachel had already taken a witness statement from Lois while Clark was unconscious. She wants to interview them separately to see if the stories match up.

As for questions about what happened in the past...we'll have to see. Ditto for the Kent farm and some of the other things you asked about.

As for the nightmare in chapter 12....it's very possible that some of it might have been mixed in with memories of what happened to his parents. I think that the Kent's lingered on for a while, and in young Clark's mind, the machines and other aspects of hospital life might have become mixed in with horror stories his father told him about being dissected.

Thanks for the comments, Terry. In GGGOH, Clark was without his powers for something like a day, and this was with his father making the right conclusion and closing the box fairly quickly. I think that Clark's somewhat longer exposure to this rock accounts for part of it. This is his first time to be exposed to it. On the show, Clark later seemed to develop a partial immunity. He didn't lose his powers for long after the kryptonite was out of his reach.

Also, part of it is likely Clark whining to himself. He's got the same aches and pains as the rest of us for a short while, and the contrast likely seems overwhelming.

Not that a beating feels all that good of course...

Well, let me know what you think of this chapter!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The skill with which you flashback/foreshadow leaves me in awe. The way in which you have introduced the foreshadowing of some intriguing new plot twists leaves me on the edge of my seat in anticipation of "what happens next?" The characterizations/motivations of your characters are flawless; not a single character in this story has been a cardboard cutout. Considering how many different characters you are working with, and that each and every one of them has been defined a hundred times over already, that's quite an accomplishment. I am extremely impressed. I am also thoroughly enjoying myself. Bravo. notworthy

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Intriguing part, Shayne.

First, Clark is answering Lois's questions...well, at least in part. It must be difficult to do for him since he wants to trust her, and probably tell her the complete truth, but he doesn't know her well enough yet. But, for those of us who know Clark's backstory, he's being more open with Lois than he has with anyone else....he just can't tell her that. frown

I loved Lois's tenacity:
"You aren’t going to let this go, are you?"
"Not on your life," Lois said cheerily.
She wasn’t going to stop until she found out the truth. She’d had enough of the mystery that was Clark Kent, and she was going to get to the bottom of it.
Again, in Rachel's interview with Lois, we find out more of the puzzle, and we learn that Clark definitely made a mistake in getting to the Holden house in under a minute. eek

Finally,
"This is Smallville," Lois said. "Which I’m increasingly coming to think is a synonym for weird."
Has Lois been watching Smallville? :rolleyes:

More please!

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm still with you. I hope he is honest with Lois soon. Poor Clark. I guess this is way more then a date fic. I hope the relationship takes a turn for the better soon. It seems like it will be a long way off before they start to feel good about each other again. I'd love for his powers to come back also. You write very well and that alone is keeping me reading this depressing fiction. I am sure you will write your way out of the angst eventually. I'll look forward to it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another nicely done installment.

I liked the allusion to "Smallville".

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is one of those "I'm still here and enjoying it" posts. Nothing intelligent to say, but just checking in to make sure you keep posting. wink

Yvonne

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I liked the allusion to "Smallville".
Yep, second that...I read Lois's line thinking just that thumbsup

TEEEEEJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard