Print Thread
#24152 09/12/05 06:25 PM
S
Snave Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
S
[Spoiler Warning: The following remarks assume that you have already read Parts 1 thru 3. If you haven't, I recommend that you do so before reading this, so that nothing in the story is spoiled for you by the comments below.]

Well, as Tolkien said in his preface to The Lord Of The Rings, this story just "grew in the telling." I had originally planned to end the story at the end of Part Three; but when I got there, I was having too much fun to stop.

When I began this, I was thoroughly enamoured by Emma's character, thanks to the persuasive storytelling of Lynn M. However, as I wrote, Walter sort of took on a life of his own; and I found that I was identifying with him more than with Emma. (After all, as everyone knows, the appellation "Snave", in the common usage, typically tends to refer to an individual of the masculine persuasion.) wildguy

Anyway, although Part Three would have nicely ended the story as far as the Kent family was concerned, I felt that there was more to be said regarding Walter (Part Four), and even Karen (Part Five). There were also some conundrums to unravel; and I value my thumbs, and did not wish to be strung up by them if I left something unexplained -- notwithstanding that the readers here have, without exception, been so nice, kind, encouraging, supportive -- well, enough of that.

A final note: I beg -- nay, I plead with you -- to keep a willing suspension of disbelief regarding the rarity of Emma's middle name. Think of this as another altiverse, where the name is actually as rare as is implied. That way, you can enjoy the rest of the story; and I can avoid the reputation of 'dolt.'

Enjoy -- and keep them cards 'n letters comin'!

#24153 09/13/05 05:09 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part.

But her parents had made it clear that she should *not* talk to strangers, under any circumstances! So she just solemnly met his equally solemn gaze, and maintained her silence.
laugh They should be more specific.

The Lara.

Two pairs of wide eyes met, and then narrowed, turning in unison toward the stairs; and two strident voices called out in perfect synchrony, "Emma Lara Kent, you get down here RIGHT NOW!"
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard