Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I want to know where the hard-charging Mad Dog Lois Lane found time to watch (or ever even learn about) 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians!' This was a real movie released in 1964 and has made almost every 'Worst Movies Ever' list since that time. Just about the only positive thing in the movie is seeing a 10-year-old Pia Zadora repeat some of the worst dialogue a child actor has ever been given.

And for those of you who don't remember Pia Zadora, there's always Google! If you liked the Vanna White reference, you'll love reading about Pia.

In my haste to mention Pia, I completely forgot to say that I'm enjoying this story! All the stuff I write tends to grow to monstrous proportions, and it's nice to read an author who knows how to pare it down to the bone. Keep up the good work!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Pia is alive?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Kerth
Kerth
Terry Leatherwood wrote:
I want to know where the hard-charging Mad Dog Lois Lane found time to watch (or ever even learn about) 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians!'
I loved Mystery Science Theater 3000 and that was one of their best episodes. (Not the best worst movie of all times, which has to be Manos:Hands of Fate, but pretty darn close.) Since the rant was coming off the top of Lois' head, I didn't want her to actually have a real movie, and changing the title slightly made the reference to a "cheesy" movie pretty apparent. I love that you got the actual reference though; I kind of slipped it in there for myself thinking that no one else would really know where that came from.

I'm glad you're enjoying the story! smile1 Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Susan

This is great. smile1

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
hey hyper

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard