Next Thread
Print Thread
#23810 08/29/05 11:00 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi.

Great part.

He was imagining things. Filling his head with fanciful ideas. Rearranging the fantasies he'd had of the other Lois to fit *this* Lois in. He was trying to make her fit like the last piece of the puzzle... only one place it could go... but what if it wasn't the right puzzle?

What if he was just convincing himself that he might be in love with Lois Lane because she was... Lois Lane?

What if everything he was feeling was just a lingering remnant of what he'd felt for the other Lois? The love he'd felt for her... he'd convinced himself that it was for someone else... the person just below him in a shoddy motel room.
mad This is horrible! He wants this Lois to be the other.

She'd waved the kiss off. Said it didn't matter and that it wouldn't happen again. No big deal.

He wondered if it had even fazed her. He had tried to listen to her heartbeat and been unable to hear it over the thunderous clamoring of his own.

None of it mattered. Really. He was making love out of nothing at all, and instead he should just be grateful that she was willing to be a friend to him.

Friend.

Now there was a word he hadn't used in a while. Not since... the other Lois.
:rolleyes: Poor Lois! He is the one who chicken out and trying to stock the ‘other Lois’ in the middle.

"Lois, what happened in Kayes?"

He'd have sworn he heard her heart stop for the barest of seconds, and he knew in that instant, he'd screwed up. He'd been too abrupt. His mouth hadn't consulted the common sense part of his brain. He tried to say something else, to take it back, start the conversation again and not be a total jerk about it... but his vocal chords had suddenly gone on strike.

An inarticulate gasp made his head snap up again. Her jaw was slack and she was staring at him incredulously. "I never made it to Kayes."
eek Was Lois intercept in England or maybe another part of Europe?

thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the map! razz

You think you are SOOOO funny Sara K! I need more story not a geography lesson! grumble

Hehe just kidding...wonderful part! Keep it comming! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Kerth
Kerth
So, Lois and Clark lie to each other (and themselves) about their feelings in every universe, eh? Is that part of the Soulmates curse? wink Slap some sanity into them soon, but not too soon - you have to keep this great story going!

Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Columnist
Columnist
*is still mumbling from the last part* grumble

She blinked, and ducked her head. "Yeah, no... You're right... but it's okay, really. We're both pretty emotional. It's not a big deal. Forget it happened. Won't happen again." She brushed it off with a wave of her hand, but inside she was crushed. He'd thought she was *her*. The other Lois.
ACK!!! *Thud*

She swallowed her emotions, everything. She would have to think about all this when he wasn't here. She couldn't allow him to see that it had affected her. Not with the kiss and not with his quick retreat. And if she was smart, she wouldn't *let* any of it affect her. She *hadn't* felt that surge of... something. Electricity? It didn't matter. She hadn't felt it. And it certainly hadn't stung when he'd so hastily apologized for... probably the best kiss she'd ever experienced. Nope. Lois Lane was tough as nails. Nothing bothered her.
frown grumble

Well, not to worry. She wouldn't let it happen again. From now on, it was just Clark and Lois, two people helping each other out and fighting the bad guys.
Yeah Right! Good luck with that. wink

"Not really. Kent thinks she's dead, and I'm sure he's lost interest, especially after that imposter last year." There was a short pause, then, "You say she didn't actually make contact with Kent?"

"That's right, sir, she turned tail when she caught sight of the swarm of reporters. I don't think we'll need to worry about him. Seems she's a little on guard, trying to stay out of sight. So... not a big development, sir, but I thought you should be advised."

"Keep me posted."
HA! Little do they know.

The little voice inside his head that warned him of danger. Lois Lane was dangerous. She was an unknown entity. Completely unpredictable.
frown

Lois Lane meets Clark Kent, they fall in love and live happily ever after.

He'd fallen all right, directly off the edge of a cliff. And now he was tumbling down, grasping at strongholds and failing to catch a single one.
Ooooohhh! Nice part. Love the visual emotional image here. thumbsup

He wondered if it had even fazed her. He had tried to listen to her heartbeat and been unable to hear it over the thunderous clamoring of his own.
HA! He liked it. <G>

"Lois, what happened in Kayes?"

He'd have sworn he heard her heart stop for the barest of seconds, and he knew in that instant, he'd screwed up. He'd been too abrupt. His mouth hadn't consulted the common sense part of his brain. He tried to say something else, to take it back, start the conversation again and not be a total jerk about it... but his vocal chords had suddenly gone on strike.

An inarticulate gasp made his head snap up again. Her jaw was slack and she was staring at him incredulously. "I never made it to Kayes."
.....uh oh.

The pain sara! Oy! The agony. Evil Evil Evil!!!! What Happens??? I want to know, dammit. Post SOON!

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Sara,

Sorry I'm not posting fdk for every part. To tell the truth, I haven't had much computer time over the past few weeks - - both for good and bad reasons.

The good reason - - I was visiting Krissie, and the bad is that John fell and broke a bone in his big toe and is now even more disabled, at least for a bit. So he needs a little more help from me.

But, my problems aside, I am catching up on your story, and enjoying it.

I think it's quite realistic that this Lois and Clark haven't fallen directly in love and lived happily ever after. Though I am hoping that they'll get there eventually.
smile

Meanwhile I'll enjoy the journey. I hope it won't be too long though, as I doubt I could stand too much angst. wink

Yours Jenni

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

Another excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You can't leave it there... I just love watching them work through their emotions and watching the distance between them closing... fighting attraction, sadness... I mean this story has it all... but now more, please!! I am finally up to date on this story so now I'm excited for what you have for these two next!! smile1

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I owe you comments... again. Sorry. frown

Part 10 up in a min.

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard