Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, here we are. The first new material that anyone has seen in...well, I guess it's been years. Let me know what you think.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, anyone except me. wink And I like it! thumbsup I also like the extended conversation with Carl, in particular the short, bitter laugh like an explosion.

We're learning a lot here about Clark's upbringing, and it's pretty unsettling. His foster-family couldn't have been much further from Martha and Jonathan, could it? And if Carl wasn't the worst of his foster-brothers, how much worse did it get? eek

And now Lois knows stuff that Clark would probably prefer she didn't... sad

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Was Carl a diversion? Good stuff. Please don't make us wait as long for part 13!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble She need to talk straight to him and what she have.

eek What did she learn about Trask?

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Shayne

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Eek! Poor Clark... this whole trip's a nightmare for him, isn't it?

And Lois -- keep on digging, girl. The story that got told in the papers probably wasn't all that accurate and it wasn't anywhere near complete. What do those small-town reporters know, anyway?

PJ
(oh, and the phrase is "part and parcel" not "part and partial")

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, much pain and suffering. Shayne, are you trying to reach Yvonne's level of Clark abuse? eek

I like this Lois, but why do I suspect that at some point she is going be totally irrational and go Vesuvius splat on him.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with James, you are rivaling Yvonne in darkness and pain here. I hope Clark gets a little break at this point. It seems you almost have a thing against him and you are taking it out on him evil Anyway, I too like this Lois. I am looking forward to a little more romance as your title suggests and a little less violence. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! Great story-telling, Shayne. That's what I like about your work - it's always so engrossing, because the story unfolds like a flower unfolding its petals. Dear Lois was similar, as I remember. Humble, innocent beginnings lead to all sorts of complexity and layers of character history and development.

Carl seems like an interesting guy. Half-heartedly trying to warn Clark, or was he really there to gloat over Clark's imminent beating while pretending to himself that he was delivering a warning?

Yay for Lois! She got rid of them. smile Here's hoping Clark manages to disabuse her of her misgivings. I won't be able to stand it if you drive a big wedge between them <g>. A small one is okay, though. Low-level doubts I can cope with.

More, please!

Yvonne

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Well, I don't really know what to say, so I'll make it very simple.

I love your story, but the suspense is killing me.

What happened in Smallville ten years ago ?

More soon, please.

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
So Lois maimed two of the three thugs! And she recognized their voices! Then we have some clues.

I wonder if Simon Hunt will be limping the next day?

And now that Rachel is on the scene I wonder if she and Lois will talk.

My goodness! I have so many things to wonder about until the next installment.

gerry

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm back. laugh I was thinking about this story last night while waiting to drift off to sleep, and you know what? I was lying there trying to fill in the gap you left between Clark collapsing and then waking up at the motel - which was a fun exercise, but I came to the conclusion that I'd prefer to read the authentic version <g>. In particular, I'd like to know what Lois's reaction was when she saw her partner collapse - what did she think was wrong with him? How did she get him back to the motel? Did she consider summoning medical help? You allude to his concern that she could be off somewhere finding out God knows what about him, so does that mean he was completely unconscious from the time he collapses to the point at which he wakes up?

And even if you don't fill in the gap, you could tell me more about her thoughts on what happened to him - either just after she's bopped off Clark's assailants or when she's sitting beside his bed in hospital waiting for him to wake up. Of course, I'd also like to know what Clark thought of the experience - what has he concluded about the rock that made him sick? Is he worried about what Lois made of his sudden collapse? What does he think she believes happened?

Care to supply any answers to my questions? Please? Pretty please?

Yvonne

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard