Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#235910 11/28/05 03:18 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, there's the toilet *seat*, which one sits on for certain activities, even males, and there's the toilet lid, which goes over the seat so no one has to see the current state of the toilet bowl--and to prevent small items from accidentally falling in. The latter is actually my main worry, mostly, and I'm rather fanatical about making sure the lid is *down*.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
#235911 11/29/05 05:51 AM
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
Originally posted by Doranwen:
I'm rather fanatical about making sure the lid is *down*.
Jep, and that way the question of "seat up or down" would become moot, since a female would have to open and close the lid, a male would have to open seat and lid (usually can be done in one move), and both would have to close them again. So same amount of work involved for man and woman, or? smile

#235912 11/29/05 07:14 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Speaking as someone with both small children and pets in the house, we always keep the lid down, too.

Having the lid down would be no problem for any woman, since the main concern is not the amount of work involved in raising/lowering the seat/lid, but rather the unpleasantness of accidentally sitting on the rim, combined with the possibility of falling in - rather hard to do with the lid down.<g> [My original response was in answer to the question, What is the big deal with having the seat up? If you're going to keep the lid up, please keep the seat down!]

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#235913 11/29/05 09:32 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I also like to have the seat *and* the lid down. For the reasons listed above and well, it *is* there so that means it's supposed to be used. How would you feel if you were a toilet lid and no one ever used you? wink

Greets,

~ An ~
#235914 11/29/05 12:04 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I actually seem to remember hearing not so long ago that it's more hygenic to keep the lid down. Stops the germs getting out. Don't know if that's true or not. <G> But distinctly remember it being said.

LabRat smile (who, admittedly, has visions of ginormous germs invading the house and having to be locked in behind the lid... )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#235915 11/29/05 02:42 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL Labrat, I was just having the same visions, but my germs weren't so big wink

Greets,

~ An ~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard