Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
ROTFL! rotflol

I can just see David berating Troy. LOL!

Not sure they got Martha, though wink She seemed to know where this was going all along.

More!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ooh, I like the concept. I like Troy and the obvious fact that he's been warned about Martha's family and their disdain for 'art.' And I DON'T like those 'artsy' movies where everything means something else and you can't tell what's really happening unless you already KNOW what's happening! (Yeah, been clobbered by a couple of those myself.)

The only suggestion I'd make about this story is to let Martha pontificate for several paragraphs about what meant what in this thing. That way it would really look like they got her. Of course, then you'd have to think up something else (that didn't involve a hammer) to put in this movie. But you can do it!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
goofy

Love this series, Mary!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute story. help I'm losing the sequence of these stories.

MAF
clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for the comments, guys! laugh

Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
The only suggestion I'd make about this story is to let Martha pontificate for several paragraphs about what meant what in this thing. That way it would really look like they got her. Of course, then you'd have to think up something else (that didn't involve a hammer) to put in this movie. But you can do it!
Eh heh. blush
Ah, see, this is why I wasn't sure about the ending. I knew some Folcs would get it, and some wouldn't. I didn't know if it would be to egg-heady for everyone, but at the same time, I didn't want to underestimate the nice readers. Kind of a tricky balance; or maybe I'm just a nut.

David jumped up out of his seat. "Yep! And we got you good, Martha! This movie had nothing to do with 'Dada' or 'Free Association'--- it was a totally bogus and random movie designed to poke fun at the stuff you made us sit through, and we just shot whatever we felt like shooting!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dadaism

So, to those of you who got it, congrats and I hope you enjoyed it. To those who didn't, I apologize; I know I kinda botched the execution somewhat.

OOOh, yes! And the sequence of stories so far is this:

(in cronological order)

Digging for Dirt
Mysteries of Life
Louissa and Mark: The New Adventures of the Hulk
The Big Debut
Now THAT'S what I call ART!
Bride of the Butcher
Revenge of the
.....this one.

I *think* that's all of them so far. Hope it helps.

And thanks for all the lovely comments! smile

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
You know, I knew what Dadaism was, but I kinda just forgot for a minute when I wrote my first comment. But then, that was also the time in European history when there were anarchist organizations and conventions. It's hard to be more ironic than having and 'organization' of anarchists, unless it's a nonsense movie poking fun at Dada.

But I'll fess up, you got me.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard