Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Things start changing at this point in the story. It couldn't help but happen. We've seen the man Clark has made of himself. What happens when Lois sees who he has been. Let me know what you think!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok I thought you threw the UFO thing in rather quickly. Id have liked to have seen a little more reaction on both their faces to seeing each other. Ok I will just have to se ehow it goes. Poor Clark! He just never seems to get a break. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part.

Clark didn’t want to return to Smallville. He certainly didn’t want to bring the first woman to whom he’d ever been really attracted to the place of his greatest sorrow and shame.

It’d been ten years since he’d been in Smallville, and if he’d had a choice, he’d have never returned.
eek OMG!

hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with Maria...What happened in Smallville? I also agree that I would have liked to have had some dialogue between Lois and Clark regarding his reaction and his explanation of his response when Perry introduced them and how Lois felt about it.

However, this is a great story! hail hail

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet the odds of two people meeting randomly on a blind date and discovering that they'd be co-workers seemed outrageous.
Yeppers, I was thinking Lois would go this direction. She doesn't trust him now, but what's it going to be like when she figures out he's going to sabatoge the story....

Loving this story, well done Shayne!! thumbsup

TEEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My personal favorite line was about how it took time and effort to scare away a new partner -- speaks the voice of experience, Lois? goofy

This story is obviously getting a lot more serious. I just hope Lois will remember the good things about Clark while she's learning the bad ones...

Oh, and I liked the way Clark managed to communicate to Lois that he wasn't going to gossip about her personal life, and that he had not recognized her name before. I'm guessing he had a little time in Perry's office to start to assimilate the shock.

If you wanted to create a sense of fascinated dread, there at the end, well... congratulations, it worked! <g> I'm simultaneously dying to and afraid of learning more about Clark's past. Whatever it is, it can't be good. frown

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Is it bad that I'm nervous about this meeting at the Planet? :p

Between her concern for Lucy and her sudden realization that she didn't have Clark Kent's telephone number, Lois was finding it very difficult to focus on the staff meeting.
*cough* Don't think that will be a problem, Lois. wink

Lois shook her head. "I wasn't in any danger. The secret service wouldn't have shot me...they'd have just thrown me in jail. As for the rest...I haven’t cost the company any more in medical premiums than Eduardo."

“Eduardo has seven children and a wife,” Perry said. “And despite that, you’ve spent more time in the Emergency room in the last four months than his entire family has in the past six.”
LOL! That's Lois. :rolleyes:

Perry nodded. "I don't think you'll have any problems with that. By all reports, Mr. Kent is an experienced world traveler with an impressive resume. He should be fast on his feet."

Lois froze. "What did you say his name was?"
Heee! goofy

She felt oddly numb, curiously betrayed. Objectively, she knew that they'd both agreed not to talk about their work.
Yeah... but what happens when Lois learns why he answered her personals ad. frown

Yet the odds of two people meeting randomly on a blind date and discovering that they'd be co-workers seemed outrageous.
*gulp* See?

Otherwise, I'd have recognized your name immediately."

Obliquely, he was saying that he hadn't known who she was last night. If Lois could believe that, it would resolve many of her fears. As it was, she wasn't sure that she could believe anything he'd told her.
Awww

"Something has been found in Kansas...something utilizing a level of technology unlike anything that anyone has ever seen. The materials it is made of seem to consist of metals and polymers that don't exist on earth."

Lois blinked. "You're telling me that they've found a UFO."
/me waits for Clark to have a conniption

Glancing at Clark, Lois was surprised to see that he wasn’t looking at either of them. For the first time since she’d met him, he looked pale and shaken.
Awww! Poor boy! frown

Objectively, Clark knew that there would be little that they could do to him. His skin was impervious to any conventional weapon, and after he’d deflected the Nightfall asteroid from its’ course, he’d known that he was truly invulnerable.
Ah, playing with the timeline a bit. How great that Clark risked doing something so monumental. Shows how much he's overcome that horrible past we're learning about.

Clark didn’t want to return to Smallville. He certainly didn’t want to bring the first woman to whom he’d ever been really attracted to the place of his greatest sorrow and shame.

It’d been ten years since he’d been in Smallville, and if he’d had a choice, he’d have never returned.
Awwww!! And knowing even a little of what lies ahead... frown

Sara (one more to go!)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
And back for more comments because I can't help myself. goofy

I thought the meeting scene was just fine... because I know the second they're alone, Lois is going to lay into him. :p

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
However, deflecting Nightfall had undoubtedly turned the suspicions of the government toward the presence of an alien presence on earth, no matter what interpretation the world religious community had placed on the event.
Suggestion: "toward the *existence* of an alien presence . . . "

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard