Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
ML, this story`s sooo nice, funny and sweet.
thank you for sharing this with us,
Sil

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I want to thank everyone for their responses.

I was particularly pleased to see that Tank enjoyed it more than I thought he would smile1 (After all, he didn't mention it making him want to kill himself even once thumbsup ) Obviously, I'm not the only one who thought about Tank upon posting this story (Gerry and Artemis). Maybe we should have a whole subsection of this type of story dedicated to Tank wave (and, wow, I think my comments here might just have been longer than my entire story blush )

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think Tank has a point here:
Why don't we have a retching icon? [Wink]
We could also use it for pregnancy/childbirth/baby/toddler stories as a warning since there is usually a lot of that involved in those stages. My grandchild was just here and it brought back memories of much cleaning up and laundry.
cool
Artemis

[Linked Image]

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
ML wrote
Karen, the first line, the one that made you blink, is actually my favorite line. I'm not sure why but... There's just something about it that tickled my funny bone blush
Tickled your funny bone ML? I was hysterical rotflol

gerry

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
This one hit a little too close to home. It actually made me cry, which just goes to show you how great of a writer you are ML. I very rarely cry. Having had my first child only 2 months ago, I definately remember it well.

Why was the nurse giving Lois’ child to that man? Didn’t she know he was the villain in this piece? He responsible for all of this. Yet he wasn’t the one who had been forced to push something the size of a bowling ball from his body! He’d contributed a moment’s pleasure to the creation of this new life. Nothing more! This was her child!
That is exactly how I thought I'd react. During labour,I actually told me husband that if they tried to give him the baby first that he better refuse. Then when it came down to it, I was only able to hold my son for 1 minute before they passed him to my husband so that they could (eek) stich me up.

Lois’ internal rant suddenly ended and her insides unexpectedly turned to mush when she observed the extreme tenderness on Clark’s face as he looked down into the face of his newborn son for the first time.
Turns out I was so happy to see my husband and new baby boy together. It was the sweetest thing ever. You captured the emotion perfectly.

Great job! So happy to see you posting here.

Jackie (who can't believe TJ had an 11.9 lbs baby when she thought hers (at 9 lbs 7 oz) was huge!)

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jackie (who can't believe TJ had an 11.9 lbs baby when she thought hers (at 9 lbs 7 oz) was huge!)
dizzy

While I loved this story and think Lois's change of heart was sweet, I always remembered how bad it felt for me(and all those other women who say they forget the pain...NUTS!!) I tell both my daughters constantly how much pain I was in, in hopes they will NEVER, EVER want to get pregnant.

TEEEEEEEJ

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Artemus, you're right. Most other message boards I've been to seem to have a retching icon. Maybe we should get one. laugh

Gerry, I'm glad you enjoyed my first line - at least after I changed it from 'breading' to breeding' blush

Jackie, I'm sorry for making you cry. But I loved your newborn story. smile

TEEEEJ, I remember asking my mother once (years ago) if she forgot the pain when she had me. She told me that she would never forget the pain - but that I was worth it. Of course, that was back when I was nice. I wonder what she'd say now wink .

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
ML, don't appologize. I loved your story! smile

TJ, all I have to say about the pain is EPIDURAL!!! I now recommend it to everyone. goofy I was in no pain at all after taking it (which is nice since I was in labour for 24 hours). Of course since my son was delivered by forceps, as soon as I left the hospital and the drugs the pain came rushing back. I am still recovering! Of course, my son is definately worth it! smile

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard