Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part.

Above her, his face very white and very red. Red? Blood. From his nose. Blood. Pain. Clark... Clark alive, never thought she'd... never... Clark, loved Clark, never thought...

She tried to lift her hand, tried to touch him. Couldn't.

Clark...

Blackness.
hyper Get back, please!
hyper

More ASAP, Please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Not being a Lex fan, I loved this one most of all. Thanks.

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
YAY, you're back help .

So, when's the next part? laugh

~Julia wave

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Killing Luthor is a great hobby.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ding Dong the Lex is Dead the wicked Lex is dead!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
That Lex is dead is good. That Lois killed him is not. Even if she wasn't trying for dead (which I think she was), killing another human being is an extremely traumatic experience, especially if the victime is well-known to the killer.

Clark is going to have his hands full helping Lois through this situation. She's crossed a line that most people don't ever get close to, and it's going to affect her for the foreseeable future if not for the rest of her life. And how will little Jon take learning that Mommy kicked Daddy over a balcony railing and splattered him all over the sidewalk? When will she tell him? Will he view Clark (who surely will be his stepfather) as an interloper?

What will she tell Jon about Lex? How will she explain that this boy's father was a sociopathic monster? There may only be one more post on this story, but it's not over, not by a long shot.

Oh, by the way, it's excellent. Having Lex undone by his own vanity (keeping a loaded weapon in his private museum - how stupid is that?) is a stroke of ironic genius. And I could just see Lex's face lose its smugness as the "minor details" kept piling up. The razor banter between Lois and Lex was outstanding.

Keep up the wonderful work! I can't wait to see how it ends.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I loved this part! razz Finally Lois and Clark are free. hyper Lex went devilsplat !

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Have I mentioned that I just love your writing style? Your particular method of stream-of-consciousness, to me, makes it read extremely realistically, and on top of that, you have such a beautiful way with words smile

I loved the verbal sparring between Lex and Lois especially.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
S
SJH Online Content
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
S
A fall from grace to be sure.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto Terry - this was great, Sara! How are the mighty fallen, indeed! razz - but is either of them going to get over their fear of actually saying anything to the other? goofy

Congratulations on finishing the story! And so does this mean we get part 18 today??? wildguy wildguy wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very powerful, great job!

Glad you're back! wink

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Loved it! Maybe made to be broken, only to be put back together again, better than before.

And can there really be so much of an issue over killing, when it's either her or him? Better Lex than Lois, after all. *splat* evil

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Actually, in a case of clear self-defense, the DA has the authority to decide whether it's even worth it to waste the taxpayers money in much of an investigation. Considering that Lex had kidnapped Lois and Clark, and was obviously trying to murder his wife, my guess would be that the DA would decline to press any charges at all. At the worst, it might be ruled a case of justifiable homicide, but more likely it would be ruled either self-defense or an accident, since Lois wasn't actually trying to kill him. She was simply trying to keep him from killing her.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

An excellent part! Very powerful! smile1

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow smile1

Terry and Aria, I'm so darned thrilled you guys liked the Lois/Lex banter laugh I have something of a phobia about writing dialogue, so I'm ridiculously happy you both commented on it smile

Terry and Wendy - thank you both for your comments about how Lex's death is going to affect Lois thumbsup They inspired some extra lines in the last scene - hope I managed to cover the issue adequately smile

Maybe made to be broken, only to be put back together again, better than before.
Karen, you're wonderful - this was the whole idea behind naming it Made to be Broken <g>

Nan said;

At the worst, it might be ruled a case of justifiable homicide, but more likely it would be ruled either self-defense or an accident, since Lois wasn't actually trying to kill him. She was simply trying to keep him from killing her.
I have to say that this was my feeling when I wrote this scene smile She was clearly acting in self-defence, and since the fact that he'd kidnapped her was made clear to the police long before he went devilsplat , I would have figured that the DA wouldn't have wasted time trying to press charges in such a clear-cut case of self-defence.

And Terry, once again, thank you for this comment;

There may only be one more post on this story, but it's not over, not by a long shot.
That was one of the things that annoyed me when I was writing this story - that however long I made it, or however much I tried to explore it, in a way it would never be over. So I decided to leave it at just one more post - and trust me, trying to work in a somewhat happy ending took some doing! - and I guess everything else will have to remain unexplored territory... like a lot of Lois and Clark, I guess smile

And along that vein... before anybody mentions a certain s-word... no. No way. Not a chance, never. <g>

And a certain somebody put the idea about posting the last part today into my head <g> so I'm running off to close my eyes, cross my fingers and click the scary button for the last time smile Once again, *thank you all*! You've made my day!

Sara [bouncing allllll the way to the "post new topic" button <g>]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard