Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
B
This was a short piece that I wrote over three years ago. It was posted on the LCFic group on Yahoo!, but nowhere else. I'm also going about this backwards, because I've already submitted this to the Archive. I've just posted this on Zoomway's board.

Minor Spoiler: This story is a stand-alone, and does not draw upon events from any of my previous stories. When reading this, you'll wonder why Lois and Clark were separated by gender. This was one of the main ideas I borrowed from the wedding sermon I base this from. I know it sounds antiquated that Lois & Clark would separated by gender in a hospital wing. Just chalk it up to a bizarre policy put forth by the very strict order of religious nuns running the hospital. (Before anyone makes any remarks about that, I am Catholic.)

Finally, this should not signal my return to L&C fanfic. I haven't written or read L&C fanfic in over 3 years. I haven't posted on Zoom's board in nearly 4 years. And I didn't know that this board existed until very recently (how come we do have a second board, anyway?). It was the release of L&C Season 1 on DVD that made me realize that I had some unfinished business regarding "The Nightly Ritual." I had another unfinished story, "Les Six", which was posted on the Zoom's old board, but unfortunately that will remain unfinished.

Glad to see that the FoLC community is still going strong. Hope that you enjoy this little vignette. Comments welcome.

BP

Blaise Pascal
pascal256(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Incredibly sad and sweet and the same time. Nice to see them still so in love after all those years. Great story!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was quite a touching story, short yet heartfelt. There are only two things I'd like to mention in detail. All in all this vignette was a nice family point of view at saying goodbye to the myth of Lois & Clark.

While I can surely understand your opinion and religion, I couldn't ever imagine that they'd let themselves be split up by hospital policies. Maybe Lois isn't the tornado anymore she was so many years ago but it's hard to grasp that she'd simply accept this without a fight wink

Also it's very nice to see a change in Clark, he simply accepts his position in life and isn't bothered a bit about the 'time running out'. Some centuries ago he'd probably have beaten himself up about it.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I read it and I found it very sad yet sweet.
mecry
I hope to never be split up from my loved one like that. I found that idea very surprising. I enjoyed Clark's escapade to Lois' room. Very sweet. I enjoyed the idea of how Clark lost his powers.

Thanks for sharing.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard