What A Husband Should Be...
Previously...from Part 15

“Honey, I hope you don’t wake up in the morning and regret what we just shared. You've given me the most precious gift...you've given your love to me and I love you so much for it. It would kill me to know that you didn’t mean it. Course, there’s only two things that can kill me and that is you and…kryptonite." Clark paused, then continued, "I've wanted to tell you, but I wanted you to love me for me…and not what I could do. I know you’re going to be mad and I deserve whatever you dish out, for not telling you, but…about a month ago, Lex Luthor called me and said that it was urgent that he spoke with Superman regarding you. I…Superman went and…” Clark started. He told what he thought was a sleeping Lois about how he lost his powers and almost his life. He explained that that is why Superman has been missing in action.

When he heard a sniffle from Lois is when he realized that she wasn’t asleep, but awake and crying.

“Clark, I’m so sorry. I had no idea. And I was going to marry that…that…Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I was afraid… of losing you, forever. Honey please don‘t cry. You know I can‘t stand it when you cry,” Clark crooned as he held Lois close to him.

“Oh, Clark…”

“I’ve gotta stop saying stuff to you when I think you’re asleep,” Clark softly said and got a tearful smile back from Lois. “I think you hear better in your sleep…or listen better anyway,” Clark said jokingly.

Lois and Clark talked until the wee hours of the morning. They both finally drifted off to sleep.

The sun was shining when Clark opened his eyes. He turned to see what time it was but couldn’t seem to find the clock. Lois was still laying semi-on top of him. Then suddenly…thug…Clark fell about two feet down onto the mattress, with Lois landing softly beside him. He had broken her fall.

“Lois…honey…wake up…we were floating!”

And Now...

What A Husband Should Be…Part 16/17
Continued...

“Clark…you’ve got your powers back!”

“Well, let me see,” Clark said as he stood up beside the bed to test his gifts.

His x-ray vision worked, some, but fuzzed out after a few seconds. His enhanced hearing was in and out, he could float and his super strength was slowly returning.

“I guess, it’s going to take some time. Things are slowly returning,” Clark sighed.

“Will you help me to the shower, honey?”

“Remember what happened the last time I helped you to the shower…” Clark said as he sat beside Lois and kissed her thoroughly. “Why don’t we save ourselves some time and…have dessert first,“ Clark said as he climbed back into bed next to Lois.

“Lois, do you regret any of this?” Clark asked, unsure.

“Not a bit,” Lois replied. “I only wish that I had not been so…uhhh…and done this sooner…all of it. I wished I had saved myself for you…my husband.”

“That doesn’t matter, Lois. I love you just as things are.”

“I love you, too Clark. You know, I think I’ve loved you for a long time, but was just in denial. I didn’t want to love you because I was afraid that you would hurt me, like the others. Lex was safe. I didn’t love him, so he couldn’t hurt me…” Lois sighed, “…at least not in the way I would have expected to get hurt. What about you…do you regret any of this?”

“I regret that you didn’t marry me sooner. And Lois, I will never hurt you or make you cry, intentionally. I want to make you happy.”

“Oh, Clark…why was I so blind?”

Eventually Clark helped Lois into the shower where they made love two more times. After the shower they had brunch and Clark took Lois out of the hotel room to enjoy the sunlight and hopefully help her to get better. They made a quick stop at the embassy to get Clark’s reissued passport. Whenever Lois was released from the doctors, they would head back to Metropolis. Clark still didn’t trust his powers fully yet. Metropolis was still a long way for even Superman to fly an injured Lois.

Over the next three weeks until Lois’ next appointment, she and Clark spent a lot of time talking and planning for their future. They made love often. Lois was starting to walk better and her scars were healing. Her hair had covered the surgical site and she had a new hair cut to accommodate the short patch. Clark was about ninety percent as far as Superman was concerned. The Kents were ecstatic and ready for him to return home. Perry had given Clark the byline for the article about the fall of Luthor. Clark shared the byline with Lois because he said that they were partners in every way now.

Three weeks later, Lois went back to the doctors and they subsequently released her from their care. They set her up with doctors in Metropolis to follow up. Dr. Hito referred Lois to an additional doctor in Metropolis, and obstetrician. She was definitely pregnant, but very early. She had a low but growing beta HCG.

When Lois got the news she came out of the exam room and sat next to Clark.

“Clark, I have to tell you something and in spite of what you initially said, I want to make sure that you’re okay with this,” Lois said with unsure tones.

“What is it, honey. You know we can get through anything…oh…you’ve gotten your release to go back home…and you don’t want to be with me any…” Clark started, sadly.

“Clark, no! I couldn’t leave you now if I wanted to …if I tried. We need you…” Lois started with tears starting to gather in her eyes.

“Lois, I can…what? We? You’re…you’re pregnant?” Clark asked, hardly able to hide his excitement.

“Yea…we’re pregnant. Early…but yes. When we get back to Metropolis I’ll see a doctor and go from there. We can leave whenever…”

“Oh, honey…I love you so much…and our baby. You’ve given me everything I’ve ever wanted in life…dreamed of.”

“So, I guess that means you’re okay with this?”

“Did you even have to ask?”

When they got back to the hotel room, the expecting couple couldn’t wait to call Perry and the Kents to tell them the news. Lois’ parents had gone on another “second honeymoon” when they learned that Lois was okay. However, their calls were delayed by another session of passionate lovemaking instigated by Lois.

tbc

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.