What A Husband Should Be...
Previosly...from Part 14

The warm water and intimate contact was clearly too much for both of them. Clark soon found himself Clark turning off the water, getting a towel and wrapping it around Lois hair, then another around her petite body. He carried her from the shower to the bed and gently laid her down.

And Now...

What A Husband Should Be 15/17
Continued...

“Lois, I love you, so much,“ Clark whispered passionately.

“I love you, too, honey,“ Lois whispered back.

Clark looked down into her eyes, just slightly illuminated by the bedside lamp. He could feel the wetness prickle at the backs of his eyeballs.

“I’ve waited so long to hear you say those words to me…for so long…” Clark whispered as a tear escaped him.

In the aftermath of their lovemaking, Lois said,“You must have had lots of practice…”

“No, Sweetheart…you were my first…I’ve never…I was a…I wanted to wait until I found the right person, the person that I would spend forever with, the person that I was so in love with that…I waited for you...for 28 years,” Clark fumbled. Lois’ eyes stretched like saucers.

I wish I had waited…for you…”

“No, no, no…it’s just perfect,” Clark said as he stroked Lois’ face in a way that only he could do. “I would like to make love to you again, sometime, if you’d have me…”

“Clark, I’m your wife, you’re my husband, and I love you,” Lois said as she stroked Clark‘s lip with her index finger. “You don’t have to make reservations.”

Clark gently took Lois’ finger into his mouth and gently suckled it. “I love you, too, so much.”

“I cannot believe that after all I put you through, you are taking such good care of me…all of my needs. You’ve been everything to me…a friend, a lover, a husband. I don’t know what I’d do without you,” Lois whispered.

“You wont ever have to find out, honey,” Clark assured Lois.

There was one other thing weighing on Clarks mind. He needed to tell Lois about Superman. He’d swore to himself that he would tell her before they ever made love because he wasn’t sure how a Kryptonian and a human…Oh God…they hadn’t used protection. Clark looked at Lois and noticed that she was dozing off to sleep. He gently stroked her hair.

“Lois…honey, wake up. We didn’t use any protection,” Clark said frantically.

Lois’ eyes opened. A panicked look went over her face. Then as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared.

“Clark, would it be so bad if I…if we made a baby? You said that you wanted to have lots of babies with me.”

“You…you heard me?”

“Of course…” Lois replied as she smiled.

“You wouldn’t mind…if we…I mean what are the chances that it would happen…I mean are you…”

“I think I’d love it…I could get on the pill if you aren’t ready…”

“No, because if you are, wont the pill be dangerous in the first trimester…I mean if you want, I could take care of…”

"No...no...let's just wait and see what happens."
Clark just smiled and kissed Lois’ nose. “Every time I think I’ve got you all figured out you surprise me.”

“Clark, make love to me,” Lois said softly.

“How can I turn down my wife’s request,” Clark said as he complied.

After they made love again, Clark stroked Lois’ back, gently. She was starting to fall asleep again. Clark gently laid her beside him. He then collected her in his arms as he laid on his side. He gently stroked her hair. Then he started to talk to her, about nothing really, as her breathing became more regular and even, indicating that she was almost asleep. It was sort of his way of expressing his feelings to her when she was in the hospital.

“Honey, I hope you don’t wake up in the morning and regret what we just shared. You've given me the most precious gift...you've given your love to me and I love you so much for it. It would kill me to know that you didn’t mean it. Course, there’s only two things that can kill me and that is you and…kryptonite." Clark paused, then continued, "I've wanted to tell you, but I wanted you to love me for me…and not what I could do. I know you’re going to be mad and I deserve whatever you dish out, for not telling you, but…about a month ago, Lex Luthor called me and said that it was urgent that he spoke with Superman regarding you. I…Superman went and…” Clark started. He told what he thought was a sleeping Lois about how he lost his powers and almost his life. He explained that that is why Superman has been missing in action.

When he heard a sniffle from Lois is when he realized that she wasn’t asleep, but awake and crying.

“Clark, I’m so sorry. I had no idea. And I was going to marry that…that…Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I was afraid… of losing you, forever. Honey please don‘t cry. You know I can‘t stand it when you cry,” Clark crooned as he held Lois close to him.

“Oh, Clark…”

“I’ve gotta stop saying stuff to you when I think you’re asleep,” Clark softly said and got a tearful smile back from Lois. “I think you hear better in your sleep…or listen better anyway,” Clark said jokingly.

Lois and Clark talked until the wee hours of the morning. They both finally drifted off to sleep.

The sun was shining when Clark opened his eyes. He turned to see what time it was but couldn’t seem to find the clock. Lois was still laying semi-on top of him. Then suddenly…thug…Clark fell about two feet down onto the mattress, with Lois landing softly beside him. He had broken her fall.

“Lois…honey…wake up…we were floating!”

tbc...

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.