Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Emailed you a Word Document with my answers last night. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks to one and all!

I think I've got just about everyone's responses (all who said they've sent them, anyway)~ great submissions. In case anyone is curious about whether they can audio record some answers, let me know. If tech is a problem, I can give you some help. wink /shameless guilt-tripping/

I've already got one taker, though, so it's alright.

Thanks again, FoLCs! You've got me just about on my way to success!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Just a quick update and acknowledgement. I'm working with the interviews currently, and would like to just thank all of you who participated once again. I'd also like to let you know that for those of you who mentioned story titles in their interviews (so far Lynn and DC wink ), I'm posting as many links of the stories as I can into the blog as well. Provided I can find them easily, of course.

Just to let you all know. smile

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Just a quick update and acknowledgement. I'm working with the interviews currently, and would like to just thank all of you who participated once again. I'd also like to let you know that for those of you who mentioned story titles in their interviews (so far Lynn and DC wink ), I'm posting as many links of the stories as I can into the blog as well. Provided I can find them easily, of course.

Just to let you all know. smile
Links to the stories? WOW! You rock! dance

All of mine are on fanfiction.net and most of the L&C ones are on the archive, save for about four of them that are with betas/waiting for upload.

Hope your project is going smoothly and please post the link to it when you are finished!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Please link when you're finished! Good luck!

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I have included my story title too - it's a Harry Potter fic I have been posting on Fanfiction.net. My stories are under the name Anna B. the Greek.

Good luck with the rest of the work! smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Whew!!!

So, this assignment is done! (Still going to work on developing the blog more, but for class, it is where it is.) dance I'm working on transferring some of the interviews to audio still, but we'll see when that gets done. huh

Thanks to anyone and everyone who had a hand in helping me with this project- and even to everyone on the boards in general, who inspire me on a daily basis to be proud of participating in this community. notworthy I owe you one, big time.

For anyone curious, here's a couple of links to my project.

Video Project (Be warned- I did this in under three days, and I hate the sound of my voice... so I'm a little disappointed, but oh well.)

Interviews on Fanfiction

Fan Fiction Fan - Home Page

*PLEASE NOTE: This is uncomfortable for me, but since you've all been so fabulous about helping me out, I'm giving you a pass on this one and letting you sneak a peek into my real life. laugh Please no stalking. wink

--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I just checked out the video. (I plan to follow your other links later today, as time permits.)

The video was super! The script is good, and the visuals you chose for it were fantastic. (Monk and "my Superman" both had me laughing.)

Thanks for taking the risk to share this with us.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
I'm with Lynn - the video was well done. I, too, laughed at "my Superman". And "delusions of grandeur". Heh. lol I think you're being unnecessarily hard on yourself. You have a charming voice. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just checked out the video, interviews, and blog. Awesome looking. I loved the video - too funny! "My Superman" indeed! Is there really any other? wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great Work!! I especially loved the graphics of the blog clap

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Great work there! Loved the video, it was really fun. smile And I read all of your blog, too!

After some data scraping from Fanfiction.net, it appears (unexpectedly) that when compared directly, tv shows beat out films over 3 to 1!

I was actually quite surprised to learn this. When you think about what might be the most popular fandoms, typically things like “Harry Potter”, “Star Wars”, and “Star Trek” come to mind. So it was interesting to learn that those topics combined did not even outweigh the number of stories people write about the television show “Glee”.
Hm, that's weird! Though something that crosses my mind is that these fandoms have (or may have) their own archives.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was a great video, Mouse! thumbsup

I liked your interviews and how people got started in writing/reading fanfiction. Very enlightening. I feel like even more of a newbie, because I didn't start reading fanfiction until 2010, when I stumbled upon the Archives, when looking for something on LnC online because I'd watched all 4 seasons through in two months (twice) and I needed MORE. MLT's excellent Time Traveler\'s Wife made me realize how good fanfiction could be (so blame her, not me if I drive any of you nuts on a regular basis. wink Just kidding. I know that's my fault. laugh )

I, personally, don't outline... until my current WIP. And I NEEDED to because of bouncing between time and space (dimensions), but I'm only using it as a general guideline. In the case of ML, I didn't want to write *another* ten chapters to get to the end (trust me, I could have), so I did write out all those dangling threads that needed to be tied up by the last chapter to make sure I didn't forget anything. Usually, I tell my characters either where they will start or where they will end and let them go. GEM started out as writing experiment/test to see if I could write a longer short to mid-length story (failed that one - big time :rolleyes: ), a romantic comedy (did okay there), and take the characters out of their comfort zones (their usual backstory -- familiar careers) and drop them somewhere else and see if they would still work (strangely, they did).

Like everyone else, I'm an FDK junkie (if you couldn't tell), but know I have a tendancy to scare people (readers) away with the topics I choose (my current WIP will be no exception to that rule).

Okay, I'm babbling. See, reading all those interviews and I'm adding in my 2 cents worth. Sorry.

Great job, Mouserocks! Throughly enjoyed your video and interviews. I'll shut up now. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
eek Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback! Glad you all thought I did it justice...
Originally posted by Deadly Chackram:
"My Superman" indeed! Is there really any other?
Not any others worth looking at... or drooling over drool
Originally posted by Olive:
I especially loved the graphics of the blog.
Thank you. blush
Originally posted by Anna B. the Greek:
And I read all of your blog, too!
Wow! That's quite a compliment! Thank you.
Hm, that's weird! Though something that crosses my mind is that these fandoms have (or may have) their own archives.
Surprisingly, I think not. Fanfiction really started out with tv (Star Trek being the first fanzine) and fanfiction.net, being one of the largest fanfiction sites, is probably a good testing site. A lot of shows have their own sites, too (like this one). But yeah, it was definitely unexpected to learn for me, too.
Orignially posted by VriginiaR:
So, are you writing that Superman falls from the sky story or was it just an example?
It's funny. I really did write that into the script for the video, thinking that it would be stupid... and then I really did learn to like it. I'd like to write it, but I've got so much going on right now that I don't know if I'll ever get around to it. Plus I've got too many other stories I'm trying to write right now that are bouncing around in my head... So I think I'm just going to post it as a challenge. I really want to see it written, though.
Okay, I'm babbling. See, reading all those interviews and I'm adding in my 2 cents worth. Sorry.
laugh No apologies, necessary! I like hearing more interviews and tidbits of information!
Great job, Mouserocks! Throughly enjoyed your video and interviews.
Thanks! Glad everybody liked it so much! With some time, I'm hoping to expand it a little more as I go, but we'll see.

And thanks for all the compliments on the video! I really do wish I took more time on it, because I know I could have made it better with time (and I did have the time, I'm not gonna lie, just had other things to attend to). But oh well. Doing it in two days has actually made me realize that I'm not living up to my potential- heck, I could do a lot more if I actually cared. :rolleyes: So I might have to re-prioritize...

Anyways. Thanks ya'll! cool

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Okay, quick update for this. This post is mostly for random class assignments, but since I used some of Anna's interview for the audio piece, I figured it should be posted here, too. smile Thanks, Anna!

Blog post

^follow the soundcloud url for the interview. For some reason, there's an awkward white box where the html code is supposed to be embedded. confused

--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
One motive to write fanfiction is to fix something. The number of TOGOM stories I think shows that. A TV series because of multiple writers and usually not having a overall plan so things get made up on the fly and contradictions happen makes for a lot more things that need fixing. So more stories get written.

OTOH there are half a million Harry Potter stories under the book section of FF.Net which includes the movie universe. Glee has less than 70 thousand.

Lots of people hate their own voice when recorded. When you hear it recorded it doesn't have the parts that conduct straight through the bones so it sounds off. To everyone else it sounds normal.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I AM A ROBOT!!

(Sorry for the bad sound and the bad accent... if it's any consolation, I hardly understand myself in that clip... goofy )

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard