Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Top Banana
Top Banana
When Superman Returns came out in the theaters, I loved it - wasn't so sure about Kate Bosworth as Lois since she was way too young, but the rest... heck I started writing fan-fic again because of that movie.

Then the DVDs came out and I was left wondering where was the movie I'd fallen in love with?

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
The poem didn't really bother me, but what I liked most about the flying scene was the looks they were giving each other.

I just finished watching all of the Christopher Reeve films. Here are a few thoughts.

Superman II

I thought it was almost as good as the first film, but the first one was just a little bit better. I enjoyed the plot of Lois knowing Clark was Superman. It was definitely different than anything else we had seen on film at that point in time. The amnesia kiss may have been a little silly, but it didn’t really bother me too much, probably because by the time I first saw it I already knew that other versions like “Lois and Clark” would play out the story with Lois finding out the secret for good.

Zod was a great villain. It was nice to see Superman facing other Kryptonians because that made for a greater challenge for Superman.

Superman III

I’ve seen this a few other times, and I didn’t enjoy it. This time, I went into the movie trying to look for some good things, and I found a couple of things I enjoyed. It wasn’t as bad as I remembered.

Christopher Reeve was given a great opportunity to show off his acting skills even more by playing “bad” Superman. I thought he did a very good job.

Annette O’Toole did a good job playing Lana Lang. The scene where Lois met Lana was really good, too. You can tell that Lois is a little jealous of Lana, meaning she must kind of like Clark at this point. I always enjoy scenes where we see Lois liking Clark rather than Superman. I just wish we’d been able to see more of this Lana-Lois-Clark triangle.

Having Richard Pryor in such a big role hurt the movie, though. He’s a great comedian, but his role was just too big for a movie that’s supposed to be about Superman. If you watch the trailer for the movie, you’ll notice that the first half of it focuses more on Richard Pryor than on Superman. I enjoyed the comedy provided by Otis in the first two movies, but he wasn’t featured as one of the main stars of the movie. Had Richard Pryor’s role been reduced, it might have worked better for me.

The villains were another big problem for me. They just didn’t hold up against Superman’s past threats of Lex Luthor and Zod.

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

I watched this one for the first time ever last night. I’d heard a lot of bad things about it, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I thought it was decent, but then again, I’m a sucker for anything about Superman. It wasn’t great like the first two movies, but I liked it a little more than “Superman III.” I liked that Lois had a bigger role in this movie than she had in “Superman III.”

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Somehow, I managed to post the same thing three times. Please ignore.

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Somehow, I managed to post the same thing three times. Please ignore.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
Really? The poem was awful....
The poem didn't really bother me, but what I liked most about the flying scene were the looks they were giving each other.
Okay, am I just blocking it, but what "poem"?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth

I watched this one for the first time ever last night. I’d heard a lot of bad things about it, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I thought it was decent, but then again, I’m a sucker for anything about Superman. It wasn’t great like the first two movies, but I liked it a little more than Superman III. I liked that Lois had a bigger role in this movie than she had in Superman III.
laugh That's why I tell people it's so bad. I'm not a big fan of Superman III or IV, but if you sell it low enough, somebody's bound to like it.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]
Really? The poem was awful....
The poem didn't really bother me, but what I liked most about the flying scene were the looks they were giving each other.
Okay, am I just blocking it, but what "poem"? [/b]
During the flight scene, there's a voice-over of Margot Kidder's thoughts as Lois. I looked up the lyrics online.

Can you read my mind?
Do you know what it is you do to me?
Don't know who you are
Just a friend from another star

Here I am like a kid at a school
Holding hands with a God, I'm a fool
Will you look at me quivering like a little girl shivering?
You can see right through me

Can you read my mind?
Can you picture the things I'm thinking of?
Wondering why you are
All the wonderful things you are

You can fly, you belong to the sky
You and I could belong to each other

If you need a friend, I'm the one to fly to
If you need to be loved
(To be loved)
Here I am, read my mind

Will you look at me quivering
Like a little girl shivering?
You can see right through me

If you need a friend
I'm the one to fly to
If you need to be loved
Here I am, read my mind

Read my mind

Originally posted by Mouserocks:

I watched this one for the first time ever last night. I’d heard a lot of bad things about it, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I thought it was decent, but then again, I’m a sucker for anything about Superman. It wasn’t great like the first two movies, but I liked it a little more than Superman III. I liked that Lois had a bigger role in this movie than she had in Superman III.
laugh That's why I tell people it's so bad. I'm not a big fan of Superman III or IV, but if you sell it low enough, somebody's bound to like it.
Good idea. laugh I was a little scared going into it that it would be a lot worse, so I felt pretty good after it ended. I probably would have been a lot more disappointed if I hadn't heard how awful it was for years.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Gee, I never thought of that as a "poem" per se (hence the blocking thing). I liked it. It made sense that Lois wanted Superman to know how she felt but didn't have the courage to say the words outloud.

I also liked the tension between Lana and Lois at the end of Superman III. Yes, it made me think, hey, maybe that whole mind-wipe thing wasn't 100%; otherwise, why would Lois still have feelings for Clark.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Gee, I never thought of that as a "poem" per se (hence the blocking thing). I liked it. It made sense that Lois wanted Superman to know how she felt but didn't have the courage to say the words outloud.

I also liked the tension between Lana and Lois at the end of Superman III. Yes, it made me think, hey, maybe that whole mind-wipe thing wasn't 100%; otherwise, why would Lois still have feelings for Clark.
laugh See... I find that end scene to be just about the only redeeming quality of Superman III, not because of the mind-wipe factor, but rather because in my opinion, it's kind of like Lois seeing Clark for the first time. If they had followed that route in S4 instead of Nuclearman and the usage of Lois as a blank slate (quite literally) to bounce ideas off of, I would have been much happier. And in a way, it was very similar to the reaction of *our* Teri Hatcher Lois to Mayson... yeah. Would have made me much happier. Unfortunately, I don't think that was a priority among the producers... nor was continuity. wink

--Mark Twain
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Until recently, I didn't know that Margot Kidder posed in the cape before Teri Hatcher, but I thought this thread would be a nice place to share the picture.

[Linked Image]

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
She looks great!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Is anybody else looking forward to the new Superman movie coming out next year? I'm really hoping they do something good with it because it would be nice to see a new live-action Superman story now that "Smallville" is over.

Any thoughts on the cast? Ever since it was announced that Amy Adams would play Lois, I've been checking out her movies whenever they air on TV to see what I think about her. So far, I've seen her in "Catch Me If You Can," "Enchanted," and "Julie & Julia." I like what I've seen in terms of her acting ability, so I'm looking forward to what she does with Lois Lane.

I also saw her in "Underdog," where she provided the voice of Polly Purebred, Underdog's love interest. That means Lois Lane will be the second time she's played a superhero's girlfriend. cool

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is anybody else looking forward to the new Superman movie coming out next year? I'm really hoping they do something good with it because it would be nice to see a new live-action Superman story now that Smallville is over.

Any thoughts on the cast? Ever since it was announced that Amy Adams would play Lois, I've been checking out her movies whenever they air on TV to see what I think about her. So far, I've seen her in Catch Me If You Can, Enchanted, and Julie & Julia. I like what I've seen in terms of her acting ability, so I'm looking forward to what she does with Lois Lane.

I also saw her in Underdog, where she provided the voice of Polly Purebred, Underdog's love interest. That means Lois Lane will be the second time she's played a superhero's girlfriend. cool
She's also in the new 'Muppets' movie. Do you think they'll have Lois sing and dance? :p peep

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
/raises hand/ Me, me, me, me, ME!!! hyper

I'm excited about the new movie (though, like with many of the superhero films *coughcough*AVENGERS*cough*, I'm wary of getting overly excited). I think Amy Adams will do a fantastic job as Lois, as will much of the cast (still don't know about Cavill though). My concern, as always, is in the writing. I want it to be good enough to redeem Superman for this generation. smile

--Mark Twain
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
My concern, as always, is in the writing. I want it to be good enough to redeem Superman for this generation. smile
I agree. They could have the greatest stars in the world, and it could still turn out to be pretty bad if the writing isn't there. I'm hopeful, though, that the writing will be just as good as some of the stars they cast.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Anyone know if they have an estimated release date for the new Superman movie yet?

VirginiaR.
---
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Anyone know if they have an estimated release date for the new Superman movie yet?
I've heard June 14, 2013, but I'm not 100% sure if that's right or not.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[b] Anyone know if they have an estimated release date for the new Superman movie yet?
I've heard June 14, 2013, but I'm not 100% sure if that's right or not. [/b]
Thanks, LL Fan. Another year. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
E
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
E
Planning to see the new movie. I grew up watching the original Superman movie, and Superman 2, and the Batman movies-yes, even the rubber Bat-suited George Clooney, all in tv rerun format.

But, for me, I LOVED, and still love "Supergirl: The Movie".

Guilty pleasure of mine. Helen Slater was fantastic! smile

Tv shows: L&C:TNAS, Xena, Buffy, Power Rangers, and the Paul Dini/Bruce Timm animated shows, and movies...

But nothing beats Dean Cain (and Teri Hatcher) in spandex! wink

Kerth
Kerth
Definitely agree on Helen Slater as the definitive Supergirl - the version in my Supergirl crossover series is basically an older version of her rather than any of the later ones, they just aren't as convincing (despite improvements in special effects etc.) She came across as having an innocence and a joy in things like flying and seeing Earth after a lifetime in an artificial environment that none of the others (apart from some of the animated ones) have done so well.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard