Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
lol, Jenni

I always enjoyed that scene in Undercover Blues (as soon as I saw you mention it, I quoted "It was a fair fight -- two of them, two of us" goofy ) and you did a great job adapting it -- I can totally see Lois dealing with muggers like that. And I can also see Clark tearing his hair out, afterwards laugh

And I liked how you wrote it, showing the aftermath first, so that the reader gets to share Clark's confusion <g> It works better that way.

And there's a (very tenuous) L&C connection in that movie... when whatshisname is trying to interview someone, he introduces himself as Hildy Johnson, which was the name of the Rosalind Russell character in "His Girl Friday" which some have claimed was a huge influence on creating the character of Lois Lane in the first place smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Hi

A fair fight thumbsup

Karla

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Jenni. I thought you captured Lois's attitude perfectly, especially when she was dealing with the officers, which made me ROTFL. I could just see and hear her there.

Brava!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL, this was cute. And funny. Nice job! (And you say you're not an author! Ha!)

I haven't seen the movie in question, so I'm not sure what was borrowed, but aside from the line Pam quoted, I liked this:

“Are we finished, can I go?” she asked snappily.

The two muggers looked up in surprise.

“Look, we had a deal. You commit a felony, I go.”
LOL, that's great.

Hope to see more from you, Jenni!

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Undercover Blues is a fabulous story! I would recommend it to anyone.

You did a beautiful job of adapting the scene!

Brava! hyper hyper hyper

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute adaption. Good job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Jenni

LOL! smile1 I enjoyed it immensely and look forward to reading your next story. goofy

Tricia cool

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
To continue the 'connections' theme, 'His Girl Friday' (which itself was a remake of the Broadway stage play and movie 'The Front Page') was remade a couple of decades ago as (I think) 'Headline News' starring Burt Reynolds and Kathleen Turner. The connection is that Turner played Dennis Quaid's wife in 'Undercover Blues' and was an expert in various forms of martial arts and other methods of unarmed mayhem. The interplay between those two sometimes recalls the fast banter between Lois and Clark (when the writers were 'on their game').

And, yes, the story was hilarious! I loved envisioning Clark as the police were interviewing Lois! He couldn't have pulled his hair out, of course, but he might have been tempted to pull hers out!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was cute. party

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the feedback guys! You're the greatest! I'm glad you liked it smile

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. rotflol

MAF rotflol

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol

Fantastic! That was absolutely hilarious. I knew Clark wouldn't buy the innocent act.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well I read it when it first showed up on here. Now I have an evening to leave comments!

I told my husband about this story. I was giggling. He said I better never do that. I get Lois-y like that once in a while smile I stuck my tounge out at his comment and I got tickled almost to death.

“Hey, it was a fair fight, two of them, two of us.”

“LOIS!”
rotflol

That was a great story you!!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard