Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Erin, this was adorable! Cute and funny, yet romantic at the same time. I had a feeling what Lois's ploy was going to be, and I love that it actually worked for her. <g>

As for CC's suggestion, I think both titles are cute, though I do like the one you used very much. If you decide to write the companion story, maybe you could just call it "All's Fair in Love and Arm Wrestling: Lois" and "All's Fair in Love and Arm Wrestling: Clark"?

But either set of titles would be very cute!

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, Erin, this was just so cute (the strongest man in the world ban't beat Lois), yet romantic.

But you simply must continue the story and tell about their - was it a date or not?

Gabriele
Kerth
Kerth
hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, fun, Erin! goofy

I'm not sure that this needs a companion piece from Clark's point of view; you showed his reactions through Lois's eyes all the way and, because we know stuff she doesn't, we can interpret them from his POV. So we already know that he doesn't want to do it because he might inadvertently reveal his true level of strength and possibly hurt her. And it's easy enough to imagine his reaction to being kissed! wink

But a sequel from his POV showing the dinner-date and him wondering what Lois wants out of it... now, that I'd love to read. laugh

Oh, and I love the title! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cute and fun - in fact, all the hallmarks of a classic Erin story! Loved it, Erin. smile1

A companion piece might be fun and the date would be even more fun. And here I'd like to mention a little bugbear of mine. Two stories, a series don't make. That's a story and a sequel. You need at least three stories to make a series. Just sayin'.

I like the title you have already.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, what Wendy said! I don't think we need the scene re-told from Clark's POV. But a sequel showing his reaction and that date would not come amiss wink

I loved this, Erin. Thanks for the giggles.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
hi

It was sweet and cute :rolleyes:

You should write a sequel thumbsup

Karla

Columnist
Columnist
This was cute, sweet, and very fun to read. Thanks for sharing it with us, Erin!

As far as the title, I really like both ideas. Kathy's suggestion might be a good comprimise. I'd personally like to see both Clark's POV and what happens on the date. smile

~Anna

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rotflol Very well done, I won't use "cute" because it's been used a lot already, but you got me in "silly grin" mode with that one.

TEEEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woo hoo you go Lois! You just beat SUPERMAN! (right) nice going Clark<g> and I am sure he thought it was worth the loss. I am all for a sequel about the date. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Definitely worth the read, Erin, and of course I'd love to see more. Wendy does have a point that we saw a good amount of Clark's POV in this story (from his reactions and the knowledge that he's Superman) and we also know the outcome, but if you can find enough new material to make a new story (it's possible, and I have faith in you), then I'd love to see it! Oh, and, like Wendy said, his reaction to being asked out to dinner, too...

This one was very sweet and fun. Lighthearted, WAFFy, and short. Just the way I like 'em. smile It's also original. I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up on this year's WAFFy and/or Super Short noms list.

As for the title, I like the one you have now. I think I'd like to see a different title for Clark's story, though. He already knows he's in love, and he's holding back, not cheating. The title does still hold true for him, but I wonder if there's a better one for his side. I'd have to see the story, though.

Anyway, great story! Thanks for sharing. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Erin, I've thought of what you can use for a sequel title <g>

"I win, you lose, we're both happy"

'Cause I think Clark was pretty happy even without winning the arm wrestling contest wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by ChiefPam:
Hey, Erin, I've thought of what you can use for a sequel title <g>

"I win, you lose, we're both happy"

'Cause I think Clark was pretty happy even without winning the arm wrestling contest wink

PJ
rotflol That's hilarious, Pam! I love it! And how very, very true. laugh

And thank you all so much for your feedback! You have made my day with your kind words. blush Also, thanks for giving me your thoughts and suggestions for the other things, as well--the possible companion story, a sequel, etc. It has been great to hear what you think! I appreciate all your thoughts and feedback so very much!

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Lol, Erin. I'm reminded of a quote from somewhere: "The stronger sex is really the weaker sex because of the weakness of the stronger sex for the weaker sex."

Poor Clark! laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
That's hell of a way to run a newspaper!

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I would love to see a sequel AND Clark's POV, cause I loved this fic! Its really nice, happy and sweet. Just the sorta fic I'm gonna come back and read again when I've had a bad day and need cheering up.

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
I think this is just the beginning of a multichaptered story, myself ;-)

Very well done

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I like L's multi-chapter story idea ... but even if you "just" write the date (which I'd love to see!), you can always start it off in Clark's POV, give us his version of the backstory, then launch into his reaction when Lois asks him out to dinner to spend the proceeds. See, problem solved! goofy

Kathy

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay so I haven't posted in EONS and haven't read fic in even longer, but I happened to be talking to BanAnna today and poked around the boards and ran across this.

Erin - fantastic as always!!! I too would love to see more!

Makes me want to break out my own muse who has been in mothballs way too long. And since I have S1 on DVD on layaway... it just may be time... [if I can find it between 3 small kids...]

Carol

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Great!! clap clap

A Clark POV would be interesting, if, as Paul says, you could find enough new material.

As for the title... I'm not sure. I'm not good at titles anyway. But I don't understand the meaning of "In This Corner" (which doesn't necessarily mean it's not a nice or adequate title, btw).

Keep writing!
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard