Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Artemis,

I couldn't see the picture you mentioned in your post. frown

- Lynn

edit: Never mind. I see it now. Thanks for sharing the picture. To be honest, although he does have muscles, he really does not look like Clark/Superman to me. I've never seen him act, so I have no idea how he would be in the part.

All the same, I will probably get the movie when it comes to NetFlix.

Joy,
Lynn

Edit of the edit: It seems our posts crossed. Oops! Thanks again for the pic.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lynn:
It's up now. Folcsite was down for a while and I made a coding error. But there he is in all his glory. I tried to link with Entertainment Weekly, but they wouldn't post the photo, I guess because it is this weeks issue.
The new movie is "Superman:The Man of Steel" and they are going to emphasize his action and strength. Here's the link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

I guess that is why Ursa is the primary female. There's a rumor about Lindsay Lohan as Lana Lang. God save us! Having Lana tells me it is an origin story like Smallville. But Cavill is 27, so I don't know we can go back to teenage Clark.

Whatever it is, I will be seeing it!

cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Did you see this pic, Lynn? He's no Dean Cain, but I think I could see him pulling it off... but it's the accent that has me worried. A British Superman? I mean, isn't that almost an oxymoron? http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3016593664/nm0147147

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi MozartMaid,

I'll admit that in the picture you linked to (Thanks!) he does look more like my idea of Clark. But he still isn't quite there.

I, too, would have a problem with a British-sounding Clark. Much as I love accents from all parts of the island, I can't imagine Clark/Superman having an accent that didn't sound American -- the accent would not match the character and the character's background. But I would guess that Cavill would be able to put on an American-sounding accent. At least, I would hope that Cavill would not have passed his audition if he couldn't fake a decent American accent. Admittedly, a lot of actors do an abysmal job of it, but some really shine through -- Hugh Laurie is a prime example.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
46 year old Diane Lane has been cast to play Martha Kent. Interesting! Possibly to Kevin Costner's Jonathan, although he may be in line for Perry White or someone else we don't know about. I'm looking forward to this less traditional reboot version. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois and Clark has spoiled me. There is no Clark that isn't Dean Cain (Christopher Reeve isn't Clark to me, but he does do a dang good Superman). :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Oh-ho-ho, do I have comments for this!

First: the British thing doesn't bother me so much- accents are easily faked/moved past in films, and a lot of times the actors DO have accents and you don't know it until you watch some bonus features. Although I am increasingly disappointed in the fact that many superheroes are flying under the Union Jack (see Ioan Gruffad's Mr. Fantastic, Andrew Garfield's new Spiderman, Christian Bale's Batman, and now this...) So does a girl have to go out of the country to find a superhero nowadays? razz

Secondly: Doesn't matter if he looks the part as much as it does that he can ACT and the writers actually have a good script this time around. Don't get me wrong, looks matter, but in my opinion, Routh was hot. Not a good actor, but looked good enough for the part. Dean Cain was hotter. And he could act the part. This guy's GOTTA be a good actor. Don't deprive me of another good Superman movie... sad

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know who would make a great Lex Luthor? Christoph Waltz. He could really play a tough guy. Here's hoping that in "Man of Steel", Lex isn't lusting after Lois to marry her, but maybe to kill her.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910607

If he can be a lion tamer in "Water for Elephants", not to mention a mean Nazi in "Inglorious Bastards", he'd be able to take on the "Man of Steel."

cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard