Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2228 05/29/03 12:13 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Haha. I know I'm such a morbid person when it comes to laughing but her spazzing really is sort of funny. Mostly because I think she really likes him, not because she tends to freak out once in a while because he'll do something like dress like Kal. It's really cute and considerate how Clark will reprimand himself like I should have known not to wear this or act like that or something. He's really looking out for her. I bet they are so going to hook up by the end of this.

Jen thumbsup

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#2229 05/29/03 12:22 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, Leela, you're amazing. She actually misses him, and calls him, and invites him over! smile1

Okay, she did spaz out a lot, but she didn't have a panic attack when he first came over, so that's encouraging!

I'm glad you found a way to get Clark to confess to helping her out of that nightmare. And I'm glad Lois told him that he didn't have to be walking on eggshells all the time.

So much can change, in just a year...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#2230 05/29/03 12:55 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow. Leela, this story just continues to leave me salivating for more. You've put a tragic twist on the alternate universe that we saw so briefly and made it so poignant yet so believable. And who would have thought that this much progress could be made in a year? I used to murmur "Poor Clark" after reading every installment. I don't do that anymore... smile .

There were so many lines and thoughts that really struck me while I was reading it - I'll be quoting half the segment if I were to pull them out now. I like the light touches that you put into both of their thoughts as well, particularly this from Lois:
Damn those engineers who designed caller ID. Don’t they know that they've screwed up teenage daters everywhere? It's part of dating history to hastily hang up the phone in fear, after calling someone you really like.
My dating years are long behind me, so I'd never thought of that...

And I'm so glad that Lois was able to deal with the nightmare thing so well. If that had come out only a short time before, it would probably have been a major disaster, but now...

Now they're communicating. This is progress. This is wonderful. [Linked Image]

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#2231 05/29/03 02:08 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm just going to say that there was so much in this part that I loved.

I love all the internal dialogue going on, getting to "hear" their frantic internal arguments with themselves. LOL laugh

Being the sappy person that I am I think I'm seeing glimmers of hope and progress and I'm really, really crossing my fingers that they will make it to some kind of relationship (who am I kidding...I want SMOOCHIES! smile )

I can't wait for more Leela, this story is just so good! thumbsup thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#2232 05/29/03 03:07 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Great part! I do have to say I'm very much looking forward to the SMOOCHIES! smile1

#2233 05/29/03 03:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow they made some progres. I wish she weren't so afraid of him physically. How do rape victims get over something like that. Will she just have to be strong enough to take a first big step. what if she touches his hand or something. Maybe she'll get a totally different vibe then what she fears she will get. I am so into this story. I also loved the internal dialogue. Great job Leela. I hope you post more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#2234 05/29/03 03:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#2235 05/29/03 07:50 PM
Kerth
Kerth
smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#2236 05/30/03 02:41 AM
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Thanks very much, Kathy.

I also haven't dated in years, and haven't been a teenager for nearly 2 decades. But I was thinking about how kids have it so differently in this internet age (not necesarily better.. just different) in a social sense.

Originally posted by KathyM:
My dating years are long behind me, so I'd never
KathyM

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
#2237 05/30/03 02:44 AM
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
WIth you there, Laura.

But it wouldn't be right for the story for her not to have that deep seated aversion to the physical expression.

As a mother, I can tell you that my body responds to a baby's cry far differently now than it ever did. It's the conditioning from experience. If I hear a baby now, I feel my body starting to make a little milk (even though my 22month hardly nurses anymore). Formerly, I used to feel annoyance :-)

Her body will respond in familiar ways to her to familiar stimuli, and it just will take a lot of time, and redefinition of the neural pathways in order to be comfortable that way.

That means holding hands is an excellent first contact.
(imho. I'm not in any way a therapist. I'm a techie geek. But I'm also a life long observer of the human condition)

Originally posted by Laurach:
Wow they made some progres. I wish she weren't so afraid of him physically. How do rape victims get over something like that. Will she just have to be strong enough to take a first big step. what if she touches his hand or something. Maybe she'll get a totally different vibe then what she fears she will get. I am so into this story. I also loved the internal dialogue. Great job Leela. I hope you post more soon. Laura

#2238 05/30/03 02:46 AM
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
I'm going to try for a weekly posting schedule (i don't have material in waiting).

Max: 2 wks :-)

I want to move this story along. It's been about 3 yrs. I didn't even have my youngest daughter when I started it.

But I've mapped out the next bunch of chapters, and know what I want to do wtih the story. So the hard part is behind me for the next 3-4 installments.

#2239 05/30/03 07:25 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Leela, this story continues to completely amaze me. You have and continue to do such a wonderful job capturing both of them, and in such a way that it makes their dialogue (including their interruptions and stuttering) and inner monologues extremely believable and in character. I love this. smile1 The part with the caller ID and how it's ruining teenage dating was hilarious too!

I liked that she is feeling aware of her appearance, and she very realistically examines the contradictory facts that she wants to look more attractive, and yet doesn't want to attract male attention. Poor thing.

You are doing a fabulous job of showing her slow progress, and how well Clark is doing at giving her space and trying to see things from her perspective. I'm also glad that Clark was able to let her know that he entered her nightmare when she first came home, and I really liked her reaction to that news.

I really look forward to the next part, Leela. laugh You are a marvelous writer.

Vicki smile

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
#2240 05/30/03 12:05 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Leela,
It's looking better all the time
I see 37
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard