Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2182 05/29/03 01:16 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Okay, okay! It's up. Everyone can calm down. I'm wore out from running from those little men with the hatchets! thumbsup

#2183 05/29/03 01:34 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Oh, but this part was fantastic, SDQ! I loved Clark and his son (I refuse to believe that the kid is anything *but* half Kryptonian), and the mental struggle Connor is going through - he's going to do the right thing after all, I just know it smile

Please hurry up and post the next part soon cat

Melisma (on the edge of her seat now, here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#2184 05/29/03 01:44 AM
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Absolutely brilliant, SDQ!! Can't wait for more...

KathR
"Come with me, and you'll be, in a world of pure imagination." -- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
#2185 05/29/03 02:12 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
The dinner, the dinner! smile1 Can't wait for the next part to come.

A tad worried about Lex Luthor. He's still there, and can potentially make *a lot* of trouble.

Now that Connor will meet Lois soon, I suppose smoochies are not too far off? laugh

--meclone2--

#2186 05/29/03 02:30 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
An afterthought...

I'm convinced that Lois still thinks of Clark very often (more like everyday). Which is why I was surprised that Lois didn't find the handwriting on Connor's note familiar.

My paternal grandfather passed away 13 years ago. He used to buy little cakes for my sister and myself. To this day, I think of him every time I see those cakes.

I was thinking that similarly, when Lois saw Connor's handwriting, she might have at least mentally noted that it looked similar to Clark's.

Did I mention that I'm seriously looking forward to the next part? smile

--meclone2--

#2187 05/29/03 02:58 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow...

what can i say SQD

this part was well written

Looking foward for the next part

Meni notworthy

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
#2188 05/29/03 03:30 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was soo excited to see Pt. 9 when I opened the folder..YAY!! smile1

A few comments:
he was not as invulnerable as he once was. He often woke in the morning with aches and pains and could feel temperature changes. His hair no longer displayed invincible properties, allowing him to shave normally. And though he'd floated a time or two in his sleep, he'd yet to be able to fly.
Oh no! This really made me sad for Clark to not be able to fly..I hope that over time he will heal and regain what he's lost. It's such a part of who he is and to lose that must be like losing a limb. frown

Why did his conscience have to be so upstanding after all he'd been through? He should be able to take his fury out any way he wanted. Yet, there was something deep inside that refused to do that. He couldn't lose control. Could he?
Of course you can't, you're Superman!! You are finally realizing that you can't deny your true self.

"Stop it, Clark…" He stopped when that name left his lips. In one short breath, he'd admitted that he could never deny who he'd once been. And suddenly he wasn't so sure he wanted to anymore
Hooray..FINALLY he's starting to wake up!! Back to the Clark we know and LOVE. [Linked Image]

GREAT stuff SQD!! Can't wait for Pt.10 and the Foundation dinner!!(selfish aren't I??) thumbsup thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#2189 05/29/03 04:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was a really wonderful part.

Clark *was* an investigate reporter but he choose not to investigate what had happened to Lois.

I can't be find amusing, though, how easily Clark's succumbs to the charm of his - I mean her son. No real struggle unlike Monte Cristo who melted only when Mercedes came pleeding fot her son's life (who was also a son of his enemy).

Will the name of the boy tell Clark the truth? Will Lois *know* him when she meets him?

Will she be angry that he wouldn't come to her straightaway? I didn't understand this at all, but now I began to understand that they had been lovers so short a time that *Clark* had no time to learn trust Lois.

Post nex part soon.

Gabriele
#2190 05/29/03 05:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
And as for Clark being a lunkhead...
Well, he definetely is! How can he believe that she will stumble straight to another man's bed after he's gone? Was Lois sleeping around before?

Gabriele
#2191 05/29/03 05:26 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yahooo, great part SQD!! thumbsup

And the boy… He shouldn't feel such a connection to this child. He represented the blinding truth of Lois' true feelings. Yet…
Yay, Clark you are on the right track.

Aand Clark is realising he still has feelings for Lois and how much pain her and his parents suffered when he didn`t return and how Lois kept looking for him and how much he missed his parents and their home in Kansas...okay I`ll let others get a word in too laugh

Anyway SQD that was defintly one of the best parts of this story, although I have the suspicious- or let`s say the hope- that the part where Lois and Clark will meet each other will be even better wink

sunshine wave

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
#2192 05/29/03 07:58 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow. Clark is actually descending from the heights of lunkheadedness without Lois needing to hurt him first. I didn't think that I'd live to see this... goofy

The first time I read this section, I thought it was all progressing a bit too fast. But then I reread it, and it works for me. Clark may not be the same man as he was when imprisoned 10 years ago, but there are innate elements of his nature which he can only deny and suppress for so long. And obviously they weren't buried as deeply beneath the surface as he thought. I liked watching his thinking processes as he started asking the questions that he needed to ask.

And obviously I like watching Lex start to unravel. It will be most satisfying when Conner takes him down.

I still wonder why Clark can't at least see the possibility that he could be the father to young Master Lane (yes, very clever that we haven't been told his first name yet laugh ), but I guess we can't have too many miracles at once. goofy

And I think this was my favorite part...
<<It's not like you're waltzing back in and picking up where you left off.>>

That thought was almost ridiculous. There was no way he could ever go back. Too much had happened.

<<But wouldn't it be wonderful?>>

"Stop it, Clark…" He stopped when that name left his lips. In one short breath, he'd admitted that he could never deny who he'd once been. And suddenly he wasn't so sure he wanted to anymore.
Yes, Clark, the journey home has begun...

I'm looking forward to the foundation benefit. hyper And I've decided that Lois will know him instantly. She may not recognize him from across a crowded room, but when she meets him, she'll know him. [Linked Image]

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#2193 05/29/03 08:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh great part. And that's so cute how Lois' son knows Conner, but she doesn't. Keep it coming!

Jen jump

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#2194 05/29/03 08:26 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark is still a lunkhead, but that's the way he always seems to be in this personal relationship stuff. help For some reason, it still doesn't cross his mind that he actually slept with Lois close to the time that her son was born. He even thinks to himself that Lois had to have slept with somebody right at about the time he was imprisoned. As Tempus would say, "Duh!" I would think that since Clark found out that Lois spent so much time looking for him and defending him in the press, so obviously still dedicated to him or his memory, that she wouldn't have been bed hopping so soon.

I'll bet Lois was a bit confused at the "Master Lane" since she probably gave him the last name, Kent. Maybe his first name is Clark, too, (or the shorter CJ seems to be popular in fanfics) but I guess we'll find out soon.

I'm glad Conner's starting to think like Clark again. Clark would never stand for revenge, nor can he resist his attraction to Lois (she is his soulmate, of course). He's even starting to entertain the idea that maybe Clark isn't so dead after all. thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#2195 05/29/03 10:27 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wow! Great part. smile1 Luthor will be furious.
laugh Nigel betray Luthor.

"What happened?"

"Kenny and his gang… They hit him with a skateboard."

"What?!"

The boy smoothed a hand over the still form of his beloved pet. "They don't like me very much and they killed him on purpose."
frown Future murderer.

Conner glanced over at the building, then back at the boy. "Your mom used the foundation's money to build this place?"

"Sure. Port Royal is home to some of the largest charities on the planet." The boy looked at Conner for a moment. "Where have you been, Mr. Devon, in a hole?"
eek Lois work really hard to maintain Superman and Clark Clean image.

I bet that Lois apartment is full of Clark stuff.

Seems That Luthor was not invite to Perry's homage?

From the looks of it, she hadn't stopped investigating what really happened. Though the information she sought now clearly focused on bringing justice for his murder…
confused Does Lois know that Luthor was behind all? She still looking for proof?

The doorbell rang at the plush home of Lois Lane. A one time self confirmed workaholic, she now spent her mornings with her son. Opting to instruct him herself when he proved to be more advanced than any institute in Metropolis, Lois relished in watching him learn new things.
He is a brilliant boy. Definitely daddys side.

Edward told him that Lois shared her home with a man off and on and had done so for the last two years. That was so out of character for Lois. Obviously, the man wasn't her son's father, but who was he? And where was the illusive sperm donor? Conner had been too afraid to ask Edward in fear he'd tell him something he didn't want to hear.

And the boy… He shouldn't feel such a connection to this child. He represented the blinding truth of Lois' true feelings. Yet…
How was that man? Maybe is Lois father, Perry's son or Jimmy. People always have to talk.

Clark feel the connection but he still blind.

He mentally told himself to shut up. It didn't matter if he was human or not. All that mattered was how he handled himself as a member of society. So that brought him right back to his question. How did he plan to take Luthor down? Would he send him to Purgatory? Deliver him to the same deplorable cell he had been locked away in for so long?
thumbsup I vote to send him to Pulgatory.

Did he really want revenge or justice? Conner could answer that, without a doubt, he wanted Luthor to pay for what he'd done.
Clark will go for justice but if Luthor wants to throw himself from his building. I said let him do it. I'll push if he ask for help.

More soon, please.

MAF wink

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#2196 05/29/03 10:46 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Stopquitdont
wonderful part
I agree with the others
more soon please
merry

#2197 05/29/03 11:02 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I love coming back and reading the comments threads as people post.

me wrote:
I'll bet Lois was a bit confused at the "Master Lane" since she probably gave him the last name, Kent.
Ooh...nice catch! I had noticed that the boy's first name had never been mentioned (after all, if his name is Clark, that presumably would get Clark "Sr." thinking smile ), but it hadn't even occurred to me that his last name might actually not be Lane. But that very well could be...

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#2198 05/29/03 02:32 PM
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Excellent post, just too short! Good catch for those who realized the boy does not go by the name of Lane. Remember when the puppy is delivered?
"I have a delivery for Master Lane."

"Master Lane? Do mean my son?"
I think it's supposed to say...Do you mean my son? However, the key is the question mark. It tells us that Lois is not in the habit of using the name Lane in relationship to her son.

Again, great part. I personally would not be adverse to seeing you post daily. Please keep it coming.
Thanks,
Catherine

#2199 05/29/03 03:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was the best part yet. Ditto to all comments. Fantastic. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#2200 05/29/03 10:11 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi SQD great story, looking forward for the next part smile

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
#2201 05/30/03 09:35 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hey guys! I still can't get over all this feedback. When I started this story, I never dreamed it would be such a hit. Thank you all so much!

Oh, but this part was fantastic, SDQ!...(on the edge of her seat now, here under her Rock)
Thank you, Melisma. Glad I can keep you interested.

Absolutely brilliant, SDQ!! Can't wait for more...
Bless you, KathR.

Did I mention that I'm seriously looking forward to the next part?
meclone2, the next part has been sent off for final beta as we speak.

this part was well written
Thank you, Meni.

GREAT stuff SQD!! Can't wait for Pt.10 and the Foundation dinner!!(selfish aren't I??)
No, Liz, just curiously hooked!

Will the name of the boy tell Clark the truth? Will Lois *know* him when she meets him?
How do I answer that, Gabriele?... Read part 10!

Anyway SQD that was defintly one of the best parts of this story, although I have the suspicious- or let`s say the hope- that the part where Lois and Clark will meet each other will be even better
Thanks, Sunshine! I sure hope she doesn't introduce Clark to her on again, off again boyfriend when they meet. Think his name is... Luthor? evil

And I've decided that Lois will know him instantly. She may not recognize him from across a crowded room, but when she meets him, she'll know him.
Do you think, Kathy? evil

I think it's supposed to say...Do you mean my son?
Thanks for that catch, Catherine. I've gone back and fixed that.

I personally would not be adverse to seeing you post daily.
If I didn't have to send along parts for final beta, I'd gladly post daily. Sorry. Please hang on. I'm working, and so is my beta-reader, as fast as we can.

That was the best part yet.
Thanks, Laura!

Hi SQD great story, looking forward for the next part
Thanks, Iapetus.

Thanks again to all reading and commenting on this. Hang with me. I'm working on it as fast as I can.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard