Haven't even read part 12 yet... trying to hold out just a *wee* bit longer so I don't have to wait for 13 so long. goofy
Oy! :rolleyes: Talk about standing eagerly by the docks and missing the boat... *sigh*... at least I can read both now. <g>

Hank smiled at her. The way he always did when she said something like that. Something carefully chosen and yet in complete earnest. He always seemed to find it secretly amusing. Of course, the secret was that she knew it full well. And often played right to it- when they were discouraged, or arguing, or when he was winning a debate. Or all three, like now.
Very clever!

“Don’t you dare give up! Don’t you dare! We are all that stands between... between... We are all there is! So, don’t you dare quit on me. This job is hard enough... lonely enough... but without you-”
Wow... such emotion from two supporting characters... it's just great!!

she prodded Silas, who, to her best guess, was completely occupied doing his impression of a mannequin, or possibly a boulder, though the rapid eye blinking ruined the effect.
That's great! LOL!

Family or not, it was looking more and more as if she and Clark were going to have to good cop-bad cop the pertinent details out of him.
"She and Clark..." Just as if they've been working together for years. <g>

said the good cop, white hat gleaming.
*snicker*

“Our boy,” she wanted to say, but didn’t.

Still, from the fleeting half-smile he gave her, she suspected he knew exactly what she was thinking.
Awwwww

“I wasn’t even sure I could,” Clark interjected. “I always wondered... being Kryptonian... if that was even possible.”
Awwww... what a moment for Clark.

Silas’s stern look softened immediately. “God. I’m sorry. It’s... the clone, right? You guys are in that in between place now? Should be married, but aren’t yet. And... well... that was the one thing I just couldn’t... well, not the only thing, certainly, but definitely one of the big ones I just couldn’t fathom... so terrible.”
Oh boy... Hang on to your seat, Silas... you might just fall off...

Clark’s hand moved to her back, rubbing lightly up and down her spine, his fingers smoothing the tense muscles in her shoulders. He was doing it entirely unconsciously; one look at him told her he was miles away. Maybe someplace watching the demise of an entire society. Of their every living relative. The future of millions.

Krypton all over again.
First off... so sweet that he's doing that unconsciously and that she knows that. Second... oh god, how sad!!! goofy

That whole part was just... well, heck, it's like the whole rest of the story: Snappy dialogue, angsty, sad, waffy... everything!

Sara (who's off to read part 13 before she has to leave for work...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.