Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#216800 05/07/08 09:52 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
It is with a heavy heart that I post that one of our own has passed on. Anita Hook was a longtime FoLC and a popular person in the fandom. I thought I would post the link to the original post here on behalf of the group because I know people on this board knew her and may want to leave condolences here or over there.

LAFF 2008 will be in her honor, and we will be setting up a PayPal account for anyone else who wants to donate money to her family's charity.

http://www.zoomway.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/9/t/002072.html

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am very sorry to hear about Anita, and I think the LAFF dedication and PayPal account are lovely ideas. I did not know her very well but my heart goes out to all who are missing her.

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I didn't know Anita, but she sounds like a great person. I'm very sorry that she has passed on.

I'm a little scared to use Paypal because I have been the victim of a phishing scam, but I'll try to contribute something anyway.

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What sad news to wake up to, Jenn. Thanks for passing this along.

I hadn't spoken to Anita in years, but I knew her as a generous, kind-hearted and warm person. Once, when I asked her for research help on a fanfic I was embarking on, she sent me an enormous parcel of material from the local area, everything from the local newspaper to tourist brochures, and then refused to let me reimburse her for what must have been considerable postage costs.

She will be sadly missed.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, as Lab has said so well, Anita was a truly warm and supportive person - always encouraging, always understanding, and always honest. Not to mention a nice sense of humour smile A wonderful person.

carol malo

Top Banana
Top Banana
This is so sad to hear. I don't think I've ever spoken with Anita but she sounds like she was a lovely person. frown

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh no, thanks for sharing. It's been a while since I've heard her name, but I'm very sorry to see her as well as any of the community members not be with us anymore. frown

God bless,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She's one of the people I really missed. I got to meet her back in 2000 when I went to my very first FoLC Fest. She drove me around and we hung out for a while. Spent a lot of time chatting with her and the gang on IRC, too. There isn't anything specific I can point to, but she was just cool and down to earth and generous and a lot of fun. The consummate FoLC. She'll be missed.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I, too, did not know Anita but certainly my wishes and sympathy go out to her family and folcs who were lucky to know her.

Mona

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was never fortunate enough to meet Anita in person, but I'll always remember her as a warm, generous, thoughtful and caring person. We chatted on IRC from time to time, and via the MBs. She was a stalwart of FoLCdom and she'll be sorely missed. frown

Wendy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Features Writer
Features Writer
Anita will be missed. frown She was a supporter of my fanfic and my Lois & Clark newsletter which I really appreciated. I think it's an excellant idea to dedicate LAFF in her memory and I wish I could be there.

D
Deb Offline
Blogger
Blogger
D
It's so great to hear from all of you.

Thanks for all the great things you had to say.

debc on IRC
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I miss Anita so much. She was my friend, my roommate, my surrogate mother. I treasure every moment we spent together, and thankfully there were tons of memorable moments.

She knew how to live life, to the fullest, and she warmed the hearts of the people around her. She was kind, caring, wild, and wonderful.

Lois and Clark was a big part of her life. She loved the show, the fanfiction, and the many, many friends she made online.

I can still see her bursting out laughing at Labrat's
Superman was stuck in an elevator?
line in Caped Fear.

I have been in touch with her family and know that she passed peacefully in her sleep, which is a comfort. And they really appreciate our caring thoughts and well wishes.

Anita, you will never be forgotten!

Love always,
Natascha

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can still see her bursting out laughing at Labrat's

quote: Superman was stuck in an elevator?

line in Caped Fear.
I'm not sure that I ever knew this, Tasha - if I did it's been forgotten in the mists of time - but thank you for sharing it. What better reason could there be for writing or what greater reward? To provide just one such moment in a reader makes it all worthwhile.

It's nice to know that I was able to repay Anita in some small way for all of the fun she gave me, as a fellow FoLC, in countless evenings on IRC.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard