Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#214941 01/25/08 03:57 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you guys! I really appreciate the response and the suggestions. We can limit it to just folcs if you like so no one feels threatened. So it can be the same crowd that got the last one. Do you think May15 would be a good amount of time to get them out to people who donate for them? I am open to any suggestions. I have one person so far that is willing and it sounds as if maybe there are a few more hopeful? Tank you are a very good writer, I am more an artist. I dabbled a few years back but my stuff was pure fluff. I would be ashamed to put my work next to any of the good authors here. It isn't my gift. So having said that, I would love for someone to suggest parameters. I have no clue. What do you guys think would be a good challenge and motivational? And thank you Carol, I was probably being impatient thinking that no one read it or everyone who did rejected the idea. I am glad I was wrong. Thanks again for ideas and suggestions. we need all the help we can get. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#214942 01/25/08 04:34 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Laurach:
And thank you Carol, I was probably being impatient thinking that no one read it or everyone who did rejected the idea. I am glad I was wrong.
I am quite certain you are the only one here who is ever impatient. No one EVER EVER EVER hits refresh 3 minutes after posting a story part to see if there's a FDK folder yet nor do they continue to do so every 5 minutes until 10 minutes before time to post the next story part [because they need to finish getting it ready], stopping only occasionally for sleep breaks [because you can hit refresh and eat at the same time]. Nope not us. No one here.

Carol [who wonders if there's a group for people like that... and if the 12 steps would get interrupted by all the refreshing... perhaps a sister group to FARCE or what ever that fanfic recovery group Pam used to be? is? a part of...]

Okay in all seriousness... I was suggesting May 15 as a possible date for submissions so that you could promote it for the last 2 months or whatever as X number of fanfics! And X number of vids or trailers or whatever else you might include. I would imagine after that point you could send them to whoever's already donated and then to others who do as they donate etc. with some sort of cutoff so that you can organize it all by Dean's bday [the 31? am not sure...] though I don't know how you do it - do you make the donation ON his birthday or just around it in his honor or whatever *shrug* that's up to those running it I suppose... Anyway - there will be some costs involved with it of course - CD/DVDs, labels, cases, etc. not huge but that's something to think about - does someone donate those things or do you take it out of the donation money [cost per item will be fairly low but you probably want to know up front so you can tell folcs or folks $1 or $2 or whatever goes to actually making the CD and shipping it, the rest goes to the charity or that some kind person is donating the supplies/shipping or whatever]. Will you send one to Dean? To the charity to show them what was done to raise the money? [dunno if either one would actually look at it but...]

I would think actual pics of Dean would be out but fanfic posters [to go with the fics - another reason to have an earlyish deadline so the other media folcs would have time - unless you pair some up ahead of time or something - no clue how you might organize that...] or something maybe if someone is so inclined or drawings.

How long before they can be posted on the boards if someone chooses to do so? I think the boards fundraiser was a year but don't hold me to that - the thread referenced above would have more info on that I bet - or search for Fundraiser in the titles of fics because there were a bunch of them all at once.

As for a challenge... maybe a charity challenge? Something to do with a charity or something like that [do lois and clark help habitat for humanity or an in betweenie scene in SG [that one might be extra appropriate given that Dean wrote it and is FABULOUS in it - love little kid CK wink ] or a charity ball or something]...]

Just some thoughts...

Carol [again wink , whose little guy born on 7/25 and named Christopher [NOT Chris] just rolled onto his tummy and is seriously not happy about it but can't get back over [nope, there he went and back again and still NOT happy about it] and who now has an idea percolating but just a bare smidge of one - I'm sure something will come to me, yeah that's it...]

#214943 01/29/08 05:34 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey Carol that sounds like a great suggestion. OK a Charity fic Challenge. Can we include nfic too? Or would that be sort of too naughty for a charity CD<g> May 15 sounds good. So any artists video people who also would like to contribute something to fund raise that would be great! Also if anyone wants to help organize it either with me or without, I could use the help too. thanks. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#214944 01/29/08 06:01 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Heeeheee - glad it sounds good.

My own thought - though those who did the boards one might be able to give their rationale for whether it was included or not there... - would be no nfic because of the age issue, especially given that it's a charity specifically for kids etc. On the boards/nfic archive, there's procedures in place to keep those underage away from nfic, but I'd be more leery personally of the CD thing... That's just me - I don't read nfic anyway so... *shrug* smile .
Carol

#214945 01/29/08 06:15 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I remember that we took a definite decision to make the Fundraiser DVD purely gfic, but I can't remember the specifics. I imagine that it was mostly because it offered the DVD to the widest possible audience of potential donors.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#214946 01/30/08 06:10 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
OK Gfic it is! I think you guys are right. Though I love nfic<g> It probably makes more sense to stay away from it for this. Thanks again. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
#214947 02/05/08 05:30 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
OOh and PS my e mail is LCME239@optonline.net in case. Yahoo I don't look at daily anymore. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
#214948 03/27/08 02:32 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I am just bringing this up to the top in hope that we will get more then 3 people to help with a charity DVD. If not then we may not get enough people to participate in purchasing a charity DVD. I'll give it until May 15 and then see where we are with this idea. Thanks to those who have already responded and participated. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
#214949 04/12/08 04:05 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bringing this to the top. May 15 is around the corner and we don't have enough stories to make a charity CD by May 15. Anyone want to help out? Any suggestions for what to do if we only get 3 stories and 1 art work? Who would buy it for charity? Any suggestions to make this thing fly? Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
#214950 04/20/08 03:16 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So do you think I should forget this idea and just let who ever wants to do the yearly honoring of Dean just send to MKI? Or are there any last minute writers/artists who would like to participate? Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard