Author's Note: After a very long long long long time (4+ yrs), this story ends... thanks to those of you who stuck it through. I am sorry for making you wait so long between postings during the times when either my life got crazy, or the muse took a vacation.

Part 84...

Afterwards he collapsed on the bed next to her – seemingly worn out. She snuggled into his warmth, not wanting to lose the sensation of being in contact with him. She looked at him through half open eyes - her mind and body yearning for more. As if four times weren’t enough…

It was a long while before he spoke. When he did, she heard the sleepiness in his voice and smiled inwardly. Superman becomes a ‘man’ in the end. So tired after intimacy.

“Lois… ?” His tired inquiry held a wealth of meaning.

“Clark. That was just so incredible,” she said.

“Lois – I – “

“You were nothing like him,” she asserted fiercely, hugging him hard, guessing accurately what was running through his mind.

He leaned up on his elbow so he could look directly into her eyes.

“Are you sure? You once said when we were getting close that when I was… feeling passion – I reminded you of him – did… “ He winced. “Did I remind you of him at all – when… I… ”

“Oh Clark. No!”

“It’s not that far from… the realm of possibility- I – it’s along the same lines of – “

“This isn’t a science experiment,” she gently chided. “I know I once felt that way… but I’ve seen you like that often enough – not… while doing what we just did, but – while kissing and making out – and I … am… pretty familiar with seeing … you like… that – all hot and bothered,” she grinned, a sexy undertone to her voice.

He immediately responded physically and cursed himself mentally. He tried to shift slightly away, but she stubbornly refused to let him. She moved in even closer- and he knew she had to be aware of the situation.

“God, Lois – I’m sorry – “

“For what?” Her voice held a demanding note.

“For… uh…”

“For desiring me? For finding me sexy?”

“For … being so much the Kry… alien… right now,” he said forcing the hard words out.

“Your being Kryptonian is not a bad thing,” she said, using the correct word and gazing at him intently. “Your energy is something that many women would find to be remarkable and wonderful.”

He blushed at her words. He wasn’t looking to be some kind of super-stud. He just didn’t want to make her feel like she was with him. Not ever.

“Clark, I can’t stop Lord Kal from haunting me. He has. He will. Sometimes he may pop up at the worst possible time. But this – what we shared- several times over – “ She smiled enticingly at him. “That was the most wonderful experience. I love you – I love you when you’re gentle, and I love you when you’re wild. So… just let go- and be yourself – the man, the Superman – the Human – and the Kryptonian. I love all of you and I desire all of you. I promise… if I ever don’t want to, or I feel any kind of post traumatic flash-back type garbage - I’ll tell you. I promise. But you have to promise not to hold back on me. I loved what we did, and… god help me if I don’t want to do it again.”

Her words finally penetrated his steel skull, and his eyes darkened with his love and desire.

“Really? You… you want to do it again now?”

A thrill shot through her. . She nodded and then, she pushed him back – moving over him.

“Only this time… I’m in charge…”

She leaned down and kissed him hard.

After making love once again, they fell asleep exhaustedly.

Many hours later, Lois woke up to the sensation of Clark easing out of their embrace.

“Clark?” Her voice was a sleepy mumble that he found incredibly endearing.

A jolt of worry shot through him. Did she think he was Lord Kal?

“Yeah. It’s just me,” he hastily reassured her.

“Why are you getting up – is there an emergency?”

“No,” he said, this time holding back the amusement from his voice. “Sweetheart, it’s morning.”

“No. God – no – how could it be morning so soon,” she protested sleepily. “I feel like I only got one or two hours.”

“Oh, Lois – there’s no need at all for you to get up. Just get the sleep you need.” He was sitting now on the edge of the bed, facing her. He ran a gentle hand down her arm.

“You come back to bed?” Her voice was plaintive and her eyes pleaded as well. “But no,” she amended quickly. “You’re not really tired anymore are you. You only need a few hours of sleep a night anyway, right?”

He winced. Ghost of Lord Kal again. “I can come back,” he said gently. “It’s not like it’s a chore or anything to sleep next to you.”

“No,” she said decisively. “I’ll get up – we can always take a nap,” she said smiling at him suggestively. “Or… you could come back to bed now… and… we could do something other than sleeping."

Not giving him a chance to answer, she sat up and wrapped her arms around his neck, ignoring the protest of her aching muscles. She pressed into him and kissed him boldly, her tongue instantly invading his mouth. I hope I don’t have morning mouth. I don’t want to repulse him.

He had been about to ask her how she was feeling – knowing that they had been just a little over-zealous the night before, but her kisses took him by surprise, and his brain was fast entering that fog of confusion that being intimate with her generated.

He stopped thinking and responded to her kiss with full enthusiasm, wrapping his arms tightly around her back. As the kiss went on, Lois became aware that she wasn’t really fully up for the activity she had proposed. Feeling like an idiot, she pulled out of their kiss.

“Lois? What’s wrong?” He saw the look in her eyes, and it wasn’t a look he had been expecting. She looked… sheepish, almost.

“I… I know I started things just now… but… would you mind… if we postponed this?”

“No – I don’t mind – you never have to… no matter who initiates it… but are you all right?”

“I just need some more time … last night… was…” She hated admitting it to him, not wanting him to feel bad.

“Oh my god. I did hurt you last night… I – “

“Clark… my god… if you want me to be honest with you about stuff like this, you can’t overreact.” Her voice was stern as she held his gaze.

Her words brought him up short and he stopped his outpouring of remorse.

“Last night was the best night of my life, and I’ll be pretty upset if you apologize for any of it. Have I made myself clear?”

“Completely,” he said with a grin. “You have my number all right.”

“Clark, it’s normal. Okay? I haven’t done this in a long time. It’s just normal, and it’s okay. I’m sure I’ll be fine by night-time.”

“Lois, please don’t push yourself,” he ventured. “I promise not to apologize for last night, if you continue your amazing honesty. Deal?”

“Deal. I promise – no pushing.”

“Great.”

“But I am getting up now… and I am taking that nap later… for now – I’m hungry.”

“I can take care of that,” he promised. “Just… what is it? That was a look of pain.”

She had winced as she had stood up out of bed –her inner thigh muscles were definitely hurting. Her seeming pain had brought him to his feet, and he was gently holding her arms to help support her.

“It’s just a little DOMS,” she said. “Nothing at all!”

“I have no idea what that means,” he said. “Is… it… serious?”

“DOMS is delayed-onset-muscle-soreness,” she giggled. “I get it when I workout sometimes – when I do something different from what my body is used to doing. My… legs… you know, I… I was … using them a bit… yesterday… and…” She trailed off with a smile. “You know… and… you know… a hot tub would be just the thing.”

“Hot tub? Then you’re in luck. There’s one on the premises and I can get it set up for you in no time. Do you need me to carry you?”

“Clark. I can’t do a roundhouse kick right now, but other than that, I’m fine. There are two things I want right now. Breakfast with generous servings of coffee, and my husband to join me after in the hot tub.”

“Well… you are asking a lot…”

“Yeah. Wives can be demanding. Did you know that before, or is this coming as a surprise to you?”

“You, my love, can be as demanding as you want,” he said, drawing her close into a friendly embrace.

“Really? Because… you really haven’t seen how demanding I can get.”

“We have an entire lifetime together for me to find out,” he murmured back as he bent to kiss her gently.

When the kiss ended, she smiled up at him.

“I love the sound of that.”

[The End]

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence