Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Wheee!!! It's posted!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNETTE!!!!!!!

Lucky person that I am, I got to read this before everyone else did. smile1 So... because Wendy was so amused by my comments, I'm posting most of them here because... well... I couldn't *not* post fdk and I'm sure someone else has to be amused by them, so here you are! Recycled fdk! <g>

“Clark, I need you to kiss me.”

He gaped at her. His vocal chords seized up, paralysed with shock.
LOL!!! Same here. eek

He had heard her correctly. He gulped.
*snicker* Poor Clark. <g> No, wait... lucky Clark! Just kiss her and shut up. wink

This wasn’t good. Alarm started to build. She was up to something, and it was an absolute no-brainer that he wasn’t going to like whatever it was.
LOL!! Nice line! <g>

In answer, he took a step towards her. He saw the moment when she realised that he was going to do as she asked. She stiffened, and he flinched. Was she *steeling* herself to kiss him, as if she feared it would be something unpleasant?
Awwwww!!!!! frown

If yesterday’s kiss had seemed intense, it was a mere camp-fire next to this one.
LOL Nice analogy!

Too soon, she dragged herself away. Breathless, her chest heaving, she stared at him. “Wow.”
Ditto!!!

“You invited it, you know,” he told her. Hearing the faint sour note in his voice, he grimaced.
Ha! So true!

She was making no sense at all, but that was hardly new with Lois. “Okay. I’m listening.”
LOL! Cute!

Was she talking about *him*? How could she possibly be?
/me snickers.... She figured it out!!!!!

“Yesterday afternoon, Superman kissed me.”

Oh god. This was about *that*?”

He swallowed.
LOL!! Poor Clark!!

Just in time, he caught himself. He’d been about to protest that Superman had been affected by the pheromone. But Clark wouldn’t know that, would he?
Nope, he wouldn't. Good thinking, Clark. <g>

“It was the pheromone,” Lois continued. “Miranda sprayed him with it. He... came up to me and said he loved me. And he kissed me... like I’d never been kissed before. Like he couldn’t let go of me. Like... he was dying of thirst and I...”
Oh, crap!! She's trying to decide who she loves more... or the other way around... or... nevermind...

Unless, somehow, she’d guessed at the truth and was trying to confirm it. By *comparing kisses*?
LOL! See! That's what *I* thought! But you're apparently wrong, Clark, so keep thinking. wink

He began pouring coffee. “You’re not in love with him, are you?” Heart in his mouth, he waited for her answer.

There was a pause. Many seconds. He started to count.
LOL! I mean... awwww!

“It’s not just the powers.” She came closer, chose her coffee-mug and added milk and sweetener. “It’s *him*. What he stands for. He’s decent, and kind, and caring, and he wants to help. And he’s got the kind of ethics hardly anyone has any more.” She seemed to start at that. Raising her gaze to his, she added slowly, “Except maybe you, Clark.”
Love this!!!!!

He shook his head. “I’m still not following.”
Ooh! I am. I think. Which means... darnit! It means... she's going to think that she'll react to *any* man who kisses her like that. Darnit! razz

“Clark, that was the best... the most *amazing* kiss I’ve ever had in my life! It was electrifying - earth-shattering.”
And, wow... actually, it's exactly the same as the kiss you just gave me. Clark, take off your glasses. laugh

She blushed. “You have to ask?”

“Well... I’d kind of like to know.”
Awww. Yeah, poor boy's clueless in this respect. You're going to have to tell him, Lois.

“Clark, you were there too!” Again, she looked away. “It was... stunning. Earth-shattering,” she whispered.
Awwww!!! And I love that she whispered it!! And that she's embarrassed! *sigh*

“Unless...” She looked up again, and he could see nervousness. Uncertainty. “Unless it wasn’t like that for you...”
Ah ha! Knew my new 2x4 would come in handy!! For threatening! You'd best say the right thing here, Clark. wink

“Well, I know you don’t find me attractive, Clark.”
Ouf! Poor Lois! /me keeps her 2x4 handy!

“You told me!” Her angry exclamation was laced with hurt, and he flinched.
Duh! And great emotions right here!

Just for a few moments, it had been good to savour the enjoyment of being the unmoved, uninterested object of her lust.
Awwww!!!

But it had been a lie, and now it was a problem.
You bet your red boots it's a problem! Now you're just going to have to tell her everything in one fell swoop. wink

“It’s just my luck.” As he was searching for the words to take back the lie, Lois spoke again. “Two men can make me feel like that, and neither of them want me.”
AWWWWW!!!!!! *sniff*

“Lois, I am attracted to you.” He caught at her hands, squeezed them. Her gaze shot to his. “I lied. I just wasn’t affected by the pheromone. I am attracted to you - I have been right from the second I first saw you.”
Awwww!!!! Gah!! And... hee hee... go ahead, explain why you weren't affected... why two men can make her feel exactly the same. Go on... devil

Oh god... deceit compounded on deceit...
LOL!! Ha! Told you!

She frowned. “How did you know that? I didn’t write it up anywhere, and I know Superman wouldn’t have said anything.”
Hee hee... just tell her now, Clark.

“Um...” What had he done now? Then, with a rush of relief, he remembered. “Luthor told me. He came to the Planet trying to contact Superman. He said Miranda was going to spray the city with her 100% solution.”
/me pets her shiny new *green* 2x4 ....

“I’ve had a lot of practice exercising self-control around you.” That wasn’t a lie, at least.
Awww!!! Very cute!! And nice excuse! But... I still think you should tell her!

“When we first met?” he prompted. “You saw I was attracted to you. You made it clear you weren’t interested. You told me not to fall for you. I’ve been doing my best not to let it show ever since.”
Awwww!!!! He's so sweet!!! Dumb as a doornail sometimes, but he wins the prize for sweet.

Memory dawned. He saw her flush and then look guilty. Then she chewed her lip. “That... might have been a mistake.”
Ooooh!!!!!

At least, not the glasses-wearing half of him.
Awwwwwww. Poor guy! And... wow... I just adore that line!

He wanted to ask her: on a scale of one to ten, how close was the ‘might’ to ‘was definitely’?
ROTFL!!!! You were there for the kiss, weren't you, Clark? <g>

At the lower end, hovering just above ‘no mistake at all’? Or right at the top, in waving distance of the ‘definitely not a mistake’?
Awwwww! (still laughing, but Awwww)

She did. In an almost steady voice, she continued. “You were right about the pheromone. There *was* attraction there to begin with. I guess... I’ve been denying the way I feel about you ever since we met. The pheromone made me stop hiding it.”
Woohoo!! /me jumps up and down!!!

It was his turn to blush. “I... try. But, if you remember, I gave in in the end.”
Awwww!! So sweet! So modest! Just take the compliment and kiss her again, Clark! <g>

“I know you’re not,” she added. “Like I said, you’re a decent man.”

A decent man... who was still deceiving her.
OMG! Stop the presses!!! He had a moment of un-dumb-as-a-doornail-ness! Go on, Clark, let's hear it!

Even if she meant what she seemed to be saying, if she wanted to date him, the secret still had to be kept. Didn’t it?
NO!!!

He pushed the niggle aside. “So what do you want, Lois?”
/me pushes the niggle back into place... niggle away!

She took a deep breath. He had the sense that she was preparing to plunge. “You’re the only other man who can make me feel what I felt with Superman. Better, even. So, even though this scares me rigid, I think we should... see where it goes.”
WOOHOOO!!!! And, Clark... that would be your cue... don't you feel that niggle??

His heart leapt again. It was amazing that he wasn’t floating on the ceiling by now.
Would it be so bad if you did? <eg>

Calm. He needed to stay calm. Even if his face was being split in two by the widest smile he’d ever known. Even if he was having to use every ounce of his self-control to keep himself on that darned couch.
Awwww!!!

Better because this was the start of something very special.
AWWWWWW!!!! Sooo sweet!!!

Or when he wore no shirt at all. She’d never forgotten that day...

Well, if she was lucky, *that* experience could be repeated some time soon.
LOL! Let's hope so! *drool* <g> And... um... I know I said I wanted to talk to Lois, but really, I need to have a word with Clark... /me whispers so Lois doesn't hear too soon: you'd better watch out... she might just notice that you're built an awful lot like Superman. And beware of Wendy... all that thinking Lois just did about your chest... wasn't about your chest at all, it was a clue, a little foreshadowing that Lois is starting to pick up some puzzle pieces. You might as well just tell her now.

She waited for the surge of indignation to hit her. When it didn’t, she smiled and resigned herself to being protected. It wasn’t such a bad feeling.
LoL! My thoughts exactly. Awwwww!

In fact, it was such a good feeling that she thought he deserved a reward for making her feel that good. Pushing herself up, she reached for his head and kissed him once more.
LOL! Go Lois!!

The kiss was stunning. Magical. Electrifying...

...and so, so familiar...
Clark... what did I tell you?

She broke away, breathing heavily. Looked into his eyes, clouded slightly by his glasses...

And, suddenly, *knew*.
Oh boy! You blew it, Clark!

After all, she couldn’t be happier that it was the *man*, and not the kiss.
YAY!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!! Really great little story!! Sorry if I babbled on to much... think I was starting to amuse myself more than anyone else. blush

Sara (who's wondering if bonus points are awarded... or taken away for having a fdk post that just well may be longer than the story... )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful story, Wendy! I loved the idea of the experiment, and Clark's "wonderings" about whether she'd figured it out were hilarious. Especially paired with the end, when she really does figure it out based on the kiss... it fits beautifully.

Lots of really clever, witty lines here interspersed with great pathos and lots of sweetness. I'm so glad he gave in to the kiss.

So wonderful to come back to the boards to find a new Wendy-story!

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh wow.

“Clark, I need you to kiss me.”
Yep, a hook if I ever saw one. Hook, line, and sinker.

She flushed, and his eyes widened. “...make it a kiss like you’re dying of thirst and I’m the glass of water that can save your life.”
Eyebrows, meet hairline. eek

If yesterday’s kiss had seemed intense, it was a mere camp-fire next to this one. This was an inferno. A bush wild-fire burning out of control. He - he, Superman - was out of breath, gasping, tasting her, inhaling her as if she were the dying man’s last drink she’d spoken of.
You definitely have a way with words. Wow! *fans self*

“I had to find out,” she said. He waited. “I had to know if it was the kiss... or the man.”
She figured it out? oh, wait, guess not...

Then she answered. “I thought I was. I... maybe I am. I’m not really sure. I mean, who wouldn’t fall in love with Superman?”
Exactly! That suit, those muscles.. *swoon* Erm, where was I.

“It was... like kissing a plastic dummy.”
laugh Now *there's* a visualization!

“Well, I know you don’t find me attractive, Clark.”
Oops!

So, even though this scares me rigid, I think we should... see where it goes.”
Go Lois! yay!

Well, if she was lucky, that experience could be repeated some time soon.
*snicker* Maybe if she asks nicely... laugh

After all, she couldn’t be happier that it was the man, and not the kiss.
And now she knows, and we know, and they live happily ever after, beating down the bad guys that hound them. Wonderful story! Course, I feel like I"m channeling Sara... ah, well.

*slurps off to find a mop to get herself off the floor with*

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was adorable Wendy. I was wondering if his kiss would give him away! Terrific little story. You are such a romantic<g> Happy Birthday Annette! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Although I could just walk in to the other room to thank you, I'm going to do it here. So ... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* For the story!!
* For the way you correct my papers!!
* and For how you are really wonderful to put up with us this weekend!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{[hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

PS: Thanks for the cover, Kae!!!

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Annette! clap This was *so* cute, and I loved the illustrations!! laugh You are so great at coming up with fresh, new twists on episodes ... I'm always in awe and this was no exception! Okay, someone else had better have a birthday soon so Wendy can post another birthday fic!! LOL! wink

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Columnist
Columnist
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNETTE!!!!!!!
drool

Karla

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a cute story! It just knocked me off my feet from the first line. goofy

Happy Birthday, Annette!!!

JD
dance

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
Fantastic story Wendy! smile

Happy Birthday, Annette!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Happy Birthday Annette!

That was great Wendy! Sooo cute!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great job..as usual! I'm all mushy inside and that's a good thing! *sigh*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNETTE!! and thank you for all your hard work.

dance dance dance

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, I loved it just as much this time as the first time I read it smile Great low-key revelation, after getting everyone all antsy that she'd figured it out earlier wink

And woo-hoo for April birthdays! dance

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Happy Birthday, Annette! And a HUGE THANK YOU to you for these boards and all the stuff you do to help maintain the FoLCdom. drool instead. Save that righteous anger for when she wants to do something he's likely to object to-- it makes a bargaining tool goofy .

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Merriwether
Merriwether
Happy birthday, Annette. smile

Loved this little fic, Wendy. Quite a rollercoaster for a one-parter! thumbsup

Most of the best lines have already been quoted. But there's one that had me laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard