Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I just don't have anything to say yet other than I loved it! I'll be back later for more comments.

Jen
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
razz

LOVED THIS!!! thumbsup thumbsup

TEEEEEEEEJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
“It’s hideous and so far out of character it may as well be a bright, neon sign flashing ‘Not Lois, Not Lois.'”
You kill me!

This is great. Thank you!

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Silas Kent! I loved that we got to meet a member of "the family" and I especially enjoyed getting his take on the circus that pays homage to his anscestors' lives. I'm hoping he's going to continue as a character because he seems like a neat guy! (And I'm wondering if his special hearing will end up being the proof Lois needs to convince her this is all real. smile )

Of course, I'm bummed that Lois convinced Clark that it was mind-control (wooby lip time when he all but begged her to let him talk to a family member; sob!) but it was perfectly logical and in character for her.

Though I could have smacked Clark when he said he'd never seen that look on his face before and took that as proof of Lois's theory that it was all make-believe -- gee, Clark, think maybe that's because you've never gotten married to your soulmate before? wink

Bottom line -- I'm still hooked and will be anxiously awaiting part 7! Come on, Tuesday!

Kathy (who has just realized that there is a disadvantage to hovering around the boards waiting for a new part to be posted -- now it's going to be that much longer until I get to read the next part!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Quite a ride. I hope Clark doesn't always give in to Lois<g> I wanted Silas to explain himself. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, I see my birthday won't be honored, we're up to 20 parts!

HOW GREAT IS THAT??

This part was soooooooo sweet:

They stood in the bright lights of the wedding party with the silence stringing out between them. Their mood a sharp contrast to the joyous expressions on the faces of their loved ones. Their fake loved ones.

“How could this not mess with our heads?” he said aloud. And she nodded. She knew to her bones exactly what he meant.

He cocked his head to the side, a pensive look coming over him. “Silas is coming back.”

“Let’s go,” she said.

“Maybe we should talk to him. Question him. We might get something from him.”

“I’m not up to it tonight,” she said forcefully, hoping he would believe her. She suddenly couldn’t bear the thought of him being hurt any more. “Please, let’s just-”

She didn’t have to complete the sentence; she was in his arms and out under the stars in a blur.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

WOW!! Another amazing part! smile1 I think you should seriously consider posting the next part before Tuesday. wildguy

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey, Silas is Elise (Hank's wife)'s brother.
Now *that* is interesting.

Absolutely adore the Lois-Clark dialog. Clark is just so *Clark* and Lois is typical *Lois*

goofy

smile thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aw man, she's talked him out of it! I thought we were starting to get somewhere when she had her 'we're in the future' flash of insight. But now she's talked herself and him out of it.

Poor Clark...all dazed and overwhelmed. And they left before they could learn anything from Silas! Rats!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oooo, good eyes, AnKS! I missed that connection!

This bodes well for Silas to return ... happy, happy. smile

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm loving it. hyper I'm dying here! laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
tbc on Tuesday! And thank you for hanging in!
Hanging in! Whadda mean, I'm on the edge of my seat! More sooner! I thought they needed to get to someone in authority but I didn't expect a family member to show up. Another right angle turn! Oh, keep it coming soonest!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
WAHOO!!!!!!! smile1

A family member!! Coolness! And I especially got a kick out of his being Hank's brother-in-law! Oooooooh, please give me more soon!

Poor Lois. You can tell that she's panicking, trying to tell herself it's not real because it's all just too much, at least IMHO. And they're both very believably in character!

MOOOORE!!! Please!! hail

EDITED TO ADD: Ooh, please tell me Silas heard them! If he knows who they are, he can get word to Madge and they can go home! Or something...

And I still think Lois's abrupt change in opinion is caused by panic. After all, we all know that s1 Lois is not exactly comfortable with the idea of being a mom.
I'm guessing she saw the children room and went: thud

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
TJ said it best: AAAARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

wildguy

Chris

Kerth
Kerth
Tuesday!! whinging

Jose whinging

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Just to let you know that I'm reading this and enjoying it very much.

I'd like to get to know Silas better. He sounds like an interesting character. Maybe he should have a talk with his sister and bring in some of the other family members.

It's nice that he'll have the real Lois and Clark to temper his skepticism with.

I'll be here on Tuesday,

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Back from camping... I caught the Silas/Elise/Hank connection right away, cool! smile

Just had a thought... Chris was wondering if their souls were masked somehow by the DP building. And then I thought, maybe they're getting lost amid the family members (all that Kryptonian DNA floating around)... or maybe there's interference from the contemporary incarnation of the soul mates?

I don't know, I spent the weekend camping (with my autism support group) and so my brain is mush right now wink

But I'm really loving this. And CC, any time you want to send me a section in advance... thumbsup you just go right ahead and send it, okay? My mailbox is always open. And sometimes my brain works.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
CC, one part of this almost made me cry:
“I’ve never met a member of my family. Ever. I have no blood ties to this planet. Or I didn’t. Until just now.”

“Listen to me.” She moved towards him again, taking his face in her hands and bending his gaze to meet hers. She softened her voice when she saw the turmoil in his eyes, and worse than that, the hope blazing from them.
I think this was the worst part, giving Clark some hope about marriage and a family in the future and then Lois tearing it away from him. S1 Lois tends to arouse violent impulses in me, anyway, and that made the second time this Lois hit Clark right where it would hurt most.

However, this comment from her calmed me down a little:
“Maybe we should talk to him. Question him. We might get something from him.”

“I’m not up to it tonight,” she said forcefully, hoping he would believe her. She suddenly couldn’t bear the thought of him being hurt any more.
Too bad much of the hurt he has suffered here has been at Lois's hands.

Since I have a bad habit of ignoring names, I didn't catch the Silas/Elise/Hank connection until it was mentioned in the comments, but I can see that Silas might be involved in the solution when he hears about what's happening from Elise, now that Madge has given Hank the go-ahead to let her know.

The only thing I don't get is how everyone notices that Lois looks exactly like Lois, but no one seems to notice that Clark/Superman looks exactly like the originals. How could Silas not have commented on that?

Tuesday, huh? The agony of waiting for each new installment reminds me of why I quit reading multi-installment works on the fanfic board. Oh, well, I guess it'll give me a chance to get this set of papers marked.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm getting behind in commenting, CC, but please don't think it's because I'm not enjoying the story! I am loving it. Blame lack of time/lack of words to express how excellent this is. huh Now, of course, we know that this really is their future, but it's perfectly understandable that she's still very sceptical.

Can't wait for more, CC!!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I understood that, Wendy. I never thought Lois was doing it deliberately to be cruel, any more than she was trying to be cruel in the earlier part when she accused him of engineering the entire fake world.

However, CC, I think this is a small problem. We finished the previous section with Lois apparently convinced that she and Clark were in the future. Then in this section, as Wendy pointed out, she's now convinced that it is a hoax instead, but we've never seen the change in her thoughts or feelings because we went straight into Silas's POV and only heard bits of L&C's argument. As a result, when I read this section, I was still operating under the previous section's attitudes and conclusions, so I didn't see Lois trying to help Clark. I could only see her tearing away his dream--after the last scene when she forced him to admit his love for her and then gave him confirmation of his dream.

I liked being in Silas's POV and finding out what it's like being one of L&C's descendents. But I think I needed to have a bit from Lois's POV before it.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard