Print Thread
#21158 04/22/05 09:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW rush of feeling in all that, lovely sweet imagery, you really bring the farm to life...just WOW. Especially this...

He'd wanted to be her hero again.
thumbsup thumbsup

TEEEEEEJ

Columnist
Columnist
All I have to say is: PIE dizzy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm, I am confused. He wants pie? Now? What the heck is wrong with both of them. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
jawdrop More soon please.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh good God, the bottom's dropped out and cats are running loose from the bags and...I cannot wait to see where it all goes.

smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, so amazingly descriptive, it fills me right up!

Them's some tortured individuals..Clark is going to have to find the real Lois inside that tortured soul. Poor thing.

Excellent!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, Sara, let's see if I can get this straight. Clark is a beaten man when he finally comes home to Smallville after a futile month-long search for Lois. We have a painfully emotional reunion with his parents - which had me in tears, by the way - and then he finds out that Lois is there at the farm. I loved the way you wrote his reaction, his feeling of disconnection with his surroundings.

A deep rumble somewhere nearby. Something about Lois-gone-walking and she'll-be-back-soon-you-have-some-time and you'd-better-prepare-yourself. He couldn't really hear properly, because something was crashing down around his ears. His life, maybe.
So this is wonderful. And we anticipate a touching, incredibly WAFFy reunion when we learn that he has gone racing out to meet her, but somehow he doesn't manage to cross paths with her. More waiting, more angst. Aack!

But then, when they finally meet face to face - and my heart was sure pounding in anticipation - after he sees her initial reaction, he pulls away from her eek and starts talking about...pie.

Huh? Has Clark lost his mind along with his powers? Pie?!? whinging

And Lois?!? With her small frame, even with baggy clothing, does she really think that she is hiding a 7-month pregnancy from anyone? I know that some women don't show a lot, but I find this hard to believe...yet she seems to have fooled Jonathan. Not Martha, of course.

And why wouldn't she have told them at least some of her story when she arrived at the farm? Wouldn't she expect that the mysterious disappearance of Mrs. Lex Luthor would make headline news, and even in a place as "way out in the country" as Smallville, they do get newspapers, TV news, etc.?

So I need a 2x4 for her too. It's too bad, because with all the agony that these two have been through, they really deserve a break. When this section started, I thought they were actually going to get one. mecry

But not yet. Assuming that these 2x4s do their job, maybe next time...? peep

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

Poor Lois and Clark! smile1

Tricia cool

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I am really loving this story !
But I did find this part a bit confusing. Did Lois faint in the field ? The characters can read each other's minds... but I can't

I also have to agree --- 7 months is way past bulky sweaters.

But this is really really good and I can't wait for more.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, thank you guys so so much for all this blush It's just overwhelming smile1

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard