Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyM Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I love this. Still. And always. There are just too many wonderful things to love.

The whole bit about Clark recognizing that he is in love with Lois, when he hadn't quite realized it before. And then this from when he met up with Lois again...

Still... if she ever needed anything, he wanted to be the one she asked, the one who provided it, whatever it was, even if it was just a sandwich or a cup of coffee or... his eternal devotion.
Beautiful. And it was so good that he told her the truth, giving her another reason to trust him.

I loved Lois' little ramble when she was telling Clark about the HEA room, and then his reaction.

And you know I love Madge, so I was very happy to see her and Hank again.

Still wondering just how you're going to rescue everyone from this predicament, CC. But I'm enjoying the ride immensely, watching L&C's reactions to having their future played out in front of them like a movie.

Absolutely awesome.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Merriwether
Merriwether
CC, I read this
Have I mentioned I love you guys? Maybe it's too soon, but I want you to know... this isn't just a fling for me. sloppy
in the last feedback thread, and was thinking of telling you that's very sweet, but you're really not my type.

Then I read part 5. *happy sigh* twins

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cool, cool, cool, cool. Did I mention cool?

I was hoping to watch Lois's reaction to the HEA wing in real time, so to speak, but this might be better... after she's had time to process things a little bit.

Lois wasn’t the only one who had been handed a really mind-blowing piece of information today. She wasn’t the only one who, on top of everything else that was going on, knew just one thing too many.
I love Clark realizing that yeah, maybe it *was* love at first sight, which he hadn't really had time to process or quantify yet. And she made him say it, and he was honest, and... good gracious, what happens next?

Besides standing in the attic, in the future, in a world where his life was, evidently, some sort of... amusement ride, wondering if he’d ever have a chance to... wake up underneath Lois Lane again.
<snicker>

Keep the faith, Madge. wink

“Then you’re going to want to sit down for this, Superman,” Lois told him. “We’re married.”
eek rotflol

Lois nodded. “Three years from now, or one hundred and ninety-seven years ago, take your pick...”

“Married.”

“...if it’s that last one, though, buster, you owe me a lot of anniversary presents.”
lol

That, at last, earned her a blink. And then a half smile, which slowly turned into a full smile, which eventually climbed into his eyes and lit every corner of his face. “How about... wow?” he asked.

“Wow is... fine.” She hadn’t meant for that to come out so high and squeaky. “I think I’ll sit now.”
But, but, what does Lois really think about this? Does she have any idea what she thinks about it? <g> We need some introspection here wink Or even better, some open and honest discussion...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh that last scene should be bottled! I think I want to read it again and again!

I'm thinking 'uh oh here it comes' and then

“Then you’re going to want to sit down for this, Superman,” Lois told him. “We’re married.”
Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! I laughed until I cried. CC - we are notworthy

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Columnist
Columnist
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

thumbsup

Karla

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay so far the "married" scene has been gushed over and I loved it to, but I think I'm going to leave that awesome gushing to those who are good at it.

FOR ME, the section that caught in my little mind cogs was the mention of those affected by these space/time continum hiccups caused by Tempus, I mean seriously, I would never have even considered thinking about those characters, but there you got *me* all worried now that Hank's wife is going to fade away. That's just... JUST COOL!! Douglas Adams <Rest in Peace, you quirky nut> would be saluting this concept with every ounce of his quirky self.

Now into and after all that, the married revelation was a *waffy sigh* inducing piece and wonderfully sweet and well done, but then you threw in that nasty "TBC", what the hell was that all about??? grumble

Keep Going!!! clap

TEEEEEJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! This is just so fantastic, I *HAVE* to go and read all the five parts *again*, just so I can get a larger "CC-story-dose"

The path you chose; (i.e. Lois getting to see the HEA first and telling Clark about it, only *after* he admits, (1)he hasn't seen the whole museum, (2)he loved her at first sight); was absolutely awesome.

One question keeps coming though, Was the Metropolis they left a better place or is *this utopia* a better place for Lois & Clark. Ofcourse it would become mandatory for them to leave it eventually lest they want their life lines weakening. Just saying....You never know...

smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful, CC. It crosses my mind that the dialogue is perfect: it's snappy, funny, and so in tune with the way it was in the show. There is so much to like about this... including Lois's reaction to the HEA room.

One thing: you say in one place that the Lane-Kent descendants number in their thousands. I read this and thought, nah. Not possible. Then I did some maths, and I gave up after about 140 years of (very generous) guesstimates, because I'd already got past the 4,000 mark...

BTW, what's wrong with odd numbers? I'm rather fond of the number 17, myself.

Lovely

Chris

Merriwether
Merriwether
Part five and my awe has not diminished. To quote some others, this is just COOL.

Favorites (not quoting because I'm on my husband's laptop and I'm not as quick with this keyboard and sensor pad thingie as I am with my mouse):

Clark not being sure what he felt for Lois at this point was love, because he's never experienced it before ... great insight; just perfect. Of course, once he is given a term for it, he can put a label on it, but I can completely understand his hesitation.

The time loop plotline ... I'm really looking forward to seeing where this is going. And I'm still nervous about what "lifelines" they are monitoring. I have a theory niggling at the back of my mind, but I'm not going to voice it in case I'm either way off the mark ... or frighteningly right.

Lois's "you owe me a lot of anniversary presents" comment ... what a way to say so much about her frame of mind without any description at all. The fact that she can joke about this just proves that, as aggitated and freaked out as she is, she's coming to terms with all this ... and it isn't as distasteful to her as Clark worried it would be.

Also love that Clark was so wrapped up in exploring his past that he never considered to see what might be in the future. And I love his stunned -- then thrilled -- reaction to the fact that they get married. smile That's a nice happy image to go out on, even if Lois has just dropped to the floor where she stood. <g> (Another great image, btw.)

OK, that was nice and long ... see, CC, I'm willing to struggle through with an unfamiliar keyboard just for you. 'Cause, as you know, you are totally my type. wink

Kathy (getting those cruise brochures ready for the KathyB and CC honeymoon ...)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

WOW! Superb, brilliant, amazing and wonderful! smile1 Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Am way too exhausted to compose a reply telling you just how much I continue to love this, CC - and how bitterly envious I am of your phenomenal plotting, writing and execution skills here. notworthy

So, basically, just go read Kathy's post again. That says it all. Absolutely perfect, this! In awe!!!! hail

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well---here's a hint, CC - my birthday is May SIXTEENTH. (write longer chapters is all....)

Well....I too like Madge and Hank and it was sweet that he was married to a descendant!

I thought that Lois was awfully calm but then she did have the whole day to process the information in the HEA wing (cracks me up!)

This is a tongue and cheek fic, and after ANGSTY alt-world stories (which I love, they're my favorite), we are all ready to just do some laughing!!!

So I'll smile all the way to the next post (HMMM...6 of say ..16??)

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am not sure what I could possibly add to all the adoration here. You are the master! More please. Laura notworthy

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
...in a world where his life was, evidently, some sort of... amusement ride, wondering if he’d ever have a chance to... wake up underneath Lois Lane again.
Ah, Clark. I wanted to encourage him, to let him know that there was going to be a lifetime of chances to wake up underneath Lois Lane, but Lois beat me to it. His response was just as I'd hoped: "Married...married...married...wow!"

I really hope you are planning to give us Lois's POV in the next section so we can see some of what she's feeling about this whole marriage thing--especially now that she knows it is/was real and not just some romance junkie's fantasy--or Tempus's attempt to destroy them emotionally. I'm imagining the emotional struggle between the survivor of the DF Wing who knew she wasn't fairy tale material and the closet romantic who saw her desire for a spectacular love of a lifetime played out in vivid 3D images. No wonder she was so desperate to hear Clark's answer--not merely on a practical level to explain where they were, but as an answer to her deepest, most secret dreams.

BTW, CC, you don't have to wish you had deliberately put in that ironic moment in part 4 about the real revelation occurring in front of an audience who knows all about the revelation. The fact that it appeared in the story without deliberate intent means that the story has "organic unity"--where the story is greater than the sum of its parts and has taken on a reality beyond mere planning.

I see where you're going with the lifelines, and after I read this section and went back and reread the earlier ones, I've stopped being so creeped out by Utopia. The Peacekeepers' focus is so totally on Tempus that they don't have time for the suppressing-freedom-of-thought activities that I was starting to wonder about. They're just secretive because they don't want to upset the population with fears of their civilization--and their individual existences--being destroyed by a time-traveling sociopath. First the descendents, and then all the people who had been saved by them who would otherwise have died--and their descendents and all the people they impacted... With thousands of Lane-Kents, we're talking a lot of impact. No wonder the Peacekeepers are in Doomsday mode.

Do we seriously have to wait for Saturday for the next part?

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another great installment, CC!!

Well, no need to worry she would expose him, right? Hundreds of people had streamed in and out all morning long, and every last one of them knew.
goofy I wonder how that's going?

He had asked about her, been teased about how ridiculous the question “Has anyone seen Lois?” was.

Once he had clarified with “The Lois who looks exactly like Lois”, though, a Jimmy, a Clark, and one guy he couldn’t place had mentioned she’d left the Bullpen early and never come back.
rotflol rotflol Brilliant, CC! That line just really illustrates the total weirdness Lois and Clark are having to cope with. And I'm glad you're going to address Tank's point, because I agree-- particularly with Lois, there's no way she wouldn't have made comments about all the various Loises.

Lois's "you owe me a lot of anniversary presents" comment ... what a way to say so much about her frame of mind without any description at all. The fact that she can joke about this just proves that, as aggitated and freaked out as she is, she's coming to terms with all this ... and it isn't as distasteful to her as Clark worried it would be.
rotflol Yep, I agree. Actually, I agree with pretty much everything KathyB said.

And I'm afraid I'm forced to second TEEEEEJ's comment:
but then you threw in that nasty "TBC", what the hell was that all about???
rotflol rotflol Yeah, what she said.

~Toc (who just loved Clark's stunned-repetition-followed-by-utter-joy reaction to Lois's "we're married" comment.)

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Kerth
Kerth
Amazing laugh

Jose eek

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
frown I am ashamed to admit this, but I almost didnt' read this story.

For some reason I thought the title had something to do with an earlier thread about AltClark killing himself, or trying to and I really don't go for that kind of thing so I decided to ignore your story CC.

This decision was sealed when I snuck a peak at the end of the first post without reading the whole thing and reading...

“You said he wasn’t armed!” shouted the woman whose shape was definitely... bending.

“He wasn’t! He isn’t!” wailed Andreas, who could no longer be seen but for a faint outline.
...which, to my mind, just confirmed my fears.

It wasn't until the FDK for posting 4 reached two pages that I thought, "Hmmm, I didn't think there were that many doom and gloom readers here...so I peeked at the comment for #4 and was totally amazed at how eek wrong I had been!

I grovel am grovel so grovel sorry grovel grovel grovel grovel !!!

I have been catching up and can't wait for the next installment!

James.

PS. On a side note, the acronym HEA is used in some of the coding for the program that I support. I can truthfully say I will NEVER be able to see that code in the same light again!

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey CC today is a Saturday right, so....

wildguy wildguy

smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
I know! I'm late!!

So, I'll just save this spot for all the smart, insightful things I intend to say in response to all of *your* smart, insightful things.

Deal?

And thank you so much for your continued reading!! sloppy

CC

Edit: well, I never actually came back and was smart and insightful. Sorry!

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Hot diggity! I'm behind again! razz

Some woman had spoken those words during his and Lois’s argument. He tried to ignore them, but they leapt straight to his gut all over again. Along with other words which refused to be pushed off- the Perry’s ‘You’re a one woman man’ from the day before.
Wow, wow, wow!!! Such emotion!!!! And I feel SOOOO badly for Clark here. whinging

He knew those words were true. Every one of them.
Wow! Such an effective little para here! Still hurting for Clark!! whinging

“I can’t stop thinking of Jor-el and Lara,” she confessed softly.

Hank nodded. He knew exactly what she meant. “They were forewarned, and they certainly made the most of it, didn’t they?”
Awww! Great touch!

“But it has certainly upped the stakes for you,” said Madge mournfully. “Every mission, every wrinkle in time, every instance with Tempus. You had so much more to lose than everyone else.” She wanted to cry for him. But if she got started, she wasn’t sure how she’d ever stop. How she’d ever get back to doing her job. “You should have told me. I know what it is to keep quiet in a marriage. Fredrick understands that I can’t talk about my work, but it’s hard when I want comforting and I can’t say anything more specific than, ‘bad day at the office.’”
Awwww!!! Poor Hank!! You've really created some great characters here with lots of depth!

“If it goes that far, if we lose the descendants, that doesn’t mean they’re gone for good. We find Lois and Clark, or Tempus grows bored and talks, or Wells comes around, and everything is reversed. The family just... reappears.”
Wow... love that you've added this. Makes it more tense... Can't just rely on that failsafe "HG Wells will put everything right" scenario.

He had asked about her, been teased about how ridiculous the question “Has anyone seen Lois?” was.
Awww.

He did a fast check of the first floor just in case he’d missed her. He tried not to let his eyes linger too long over the Lane Family Wing. Hundreds of people did it everyday. But he was different; he knew her. And knew for certain she would hate him seeing any of it.
AWWW!!! So touching! whinging

“I didn’t think of that,” he said in a choked whisper.

*Gasp* Love his choked whisper. I'm still... whinging

“Married,” he said.

Lois nodded. “Three years from now, or one hundred and ninety-seven years ago, take your pick...”

“Married.”

“...if it’s that last one, though, buster, you owe me a lot of anniversary presents.”
Wow... Clark's repetition. Lois's attempt to lighten the situation... whinging

That, at last, earned her a blink. And then a half smile, which slowly turned into a full smile, which eventually climbed into his eyes and lit every corner of his face. “How about... wow?” he asked.
That right there has got to be one of the greatest smiles in fic history! Right up there with Y's "wobbly affair" smile. Love it! Still teary, but they're a bit happier now.

And now... I'm off to read part 6!

Sara (who's decided the highly emotional state she's in... is just *great* for reading fic!)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard