Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wendy this was such a lovely story. I am sure Chris will be thrilled! Happy birthday Chris! It was nice of Maddog Lane to let it go for the sake of friendship. Poor Clark was in such a tight corner there for a while. It was a very sweet little ending too. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
thumbsup

And awwwwwwwwwww! at the ending. smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Laura is right. I am thrilled! Thank you so much Wendy! laugh

This is a wonderful vignette. Two lines I particularly liked are:

But she’d still treated him as a... well, like a wall, really. Like a wall, he was just there. He propped things up - propped her up daily. He was necessary, but barely visible. Unnoticed when present, but he’d be badly missed if absent.
And

He was speaking again. “I’m sorry, Lois. I guess I just didn’t realise that you’d be hurt by what I did. I suppose I thought I was the only one who’d describe us as friends.”

She blinked. Why would he think that? Didn’t he know that he mattered to her?
Between them, these two bits show the sea change in Lois's perceptions of Clark. I wonder whether in the second of these, though, whether Clark is making a bit of an excuse for his actions... but he does, also, make a very valid point.

What I really like, though, is the way you end this, not with a big revelation, but with Lois's trust. If this were what happened of screen on the show, it would really go a long way towards explaining how she could have been blind to the secret for so long. And it definitely shows how nervous she was of making any kind of commitment, even friendship, at this point in her life.

Lovely. Thank you! smile

Chris

Kerth
Kerth
It's good Lois questioned Clark's motives to leave... but she couldn't get the secret out!! eek

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice, Wendy... not all roses and starbursts and happily-ever-afters, but I can deal with that once in a while wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Lovely smile Well done, Wendy! thumbsup thumbsup

Happy Birthday, Chris party party

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Columnist
Columnist
Well Done!!! thumbsup

I love it

Happy Birthday, Chris
party
Karla

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loverly!

Happy Birthday Chris! dance

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A lovely story! Beautifully written. smile1

Tricia cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard