Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Two FDK posts in one, CC. smile

Surprisingly enough, I'm a *lot* more interested in Madge and Co. than I am in the travails of Lois and Clark. Good grief, woman, if you make me like Herb by the end of this one, I'll never forgive you! goofy

I love how new and original this is, how Madge tries to manipulate Tempus and the way your Utopia works. I did feel anguish for Lois, and more for Clark at this shocking discovery of his roots. But really, I'm much more intrigued by what Madge and Co. are doing than in Lois and Clark spinning in circles. MORE, and soon!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Merriwether
Merriwether
Good grief, woman, if you make me like Herb by the end of this one, I'll never forgive you!
I, however, will pay extra. Double, even! laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Columnist
Columnist
Hi CC,

I think I'll just copy Yvonne and say WOW! wink

Can't wait till the next post.

Yours Jenni

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You post on the weekend you get late TJ fdk, but as usual thumbsup clap

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

WOW! smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
This is so great! Thank you for still being here and for your continued comments!

I hardly know where to start in responding, which, again, is the very best sort of problem to have.

I promise I won't do this every single time, but some of these remarks are just too good to pass up.

First and foremost, this:
emotional and kooky
Oh, Helga, that is so perfect. And, really, if we can all adopt that as our motto for this entire fic, I think we'll get along famously! Sums it up just right.

On the subject of kooky:
Most secret organizations are usually behind the dry cleaners. I thought it was very imaginative to have them behind a bakery!
Loved this! And Chris's sewing machine shop, Jen's sports academy. I nearly chickened out on the bakery detail, for fear that pushed the absurd-envelope a tad too far. So, thanks to Sherry, behind the scenes whip-cracking reader, for assuring me it was very Get Smart and I should just go for it.

Speaking of going...
Wait is Madge going somwhere
You know, that needs tweaking. Thank you for that. Madge is pretty certain she's going to lose her job- be demoted or fired since this is all on her head. However, that was really vague, so I appreciate the catch!

And as for Madge:
I'm much more intrigued by what Madge and Co. are doing than in Lois and Clark spinning in circles.
I'm so glad to hear that, Hazel! Many times I tried to remind Madge she was a *secondary* character, all the while she was wrestling the plot from me and running off with it.

Other really, *really* good things... on which I have no comment. None whatsoever. (Though some of you are doing the mind-reading thing.)

A full-time job, absolutely. Maybe they need a few more committee members, since they haven't been entirely successful in the past.
we still have the somewhat sinister undercurrent of the Peacekeepers and their 'true' agenda, an agenda that has to be kept from the general populous. Typical, Utopia is this supposed idyllic place to live... but at what price is it maintained?
However, that whole Peacekeepers bit has some horrifying possibilities. I'm worried that the lifelines are tied to L&C's existence.
The one thing that always bothered me when Tempus would try to stop Utopia from becoming a reality in the future was: Wouldn't he also keep himself from being born?
Love all of these, but that's all I'm saying.

As for the name 'Petal.' Thank you, Y. I had no idea it was an endearment. I just liked the sound of it. The kind of name a parent in Utopia might call their child- and less obvious than Flower or Sunshine. As for 'Odias Sinders'. Yay! I'm particulary proud of that one. Though it just sort of fell out of my fingers onto the keyboard, so I'm not certain I can take credit.

Last and finally:
And I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop - it's obvious that Lois is going to see or hear something soon which tells her that Superman is actually her lowly, annoying, foisted-upon-her junior partner at the Planet.
Wait no more, part 4 is on the way!

And, again, *thank you* so much to everyone who read and commented. sloppy

I can't tell you how very much I appreciate your good words! I'm grateful!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Wheee! Look at me! Finally on part threee!!

She wouldn’t cry. And she wouldn’t kill him. Not yet. Not until she figured out how he had done this. First, she would find him, and work out what sort of head trick he was playing on her. What kind of alien powers built an entire... wing ... dedicated to her utter humiliation. And then forced her to play the part of... herself... and watch it.
Awwwww!!! So sad that she's blaming Clark! But... I guess I can't blame her. What is she supposed to think? And oh, good god... what is she going to think (of him?) when she sees the... the... Happily Ever After Wing? (or whatever you'll call it) Now I'm scared. frown

Things she had thought she had out grown, that couldn’t hurt her any more.
Love this line! And ouch! frown

Again Lois stopped and took a closer look at her surroundings. The building had emptied out long ago when the announcement for closing time had been made. Along with the call for all cast members to return their costumes before leaving.
Closing time??? It's closing time and we haven't been allowed to see poor Clark?? razz

He didn’t argue. “Ok. I’m going to sit right here, Lois.” He pointed to a bench along the sidewalk. “Here. At the corner of...” He glanced at the street signs. “Sunny Street and Happy Way,” he read in disbelief, his eyebrows rising into his hairline.
*gulp*

He didn’t have to wait long for her to return. It took every ounce of control in him not to stand and go to meet her when he heard her coming. Her heart was beating painfully fast and her soft, jerking sobs ripped straight through him. Clark closed his eyes and held himself still. He didn’t want to scare her any more than she already was.
Awwwww!!!! And she's going to think he did it. mecry I hope he can talk some sense into her. frown

“Should have waited until you swallowed,” he said with some chagrin.

“You think?” she wheezed.
Oops. <g>

She remembered how he had looked when she found him the previous evening. That hadn’t been an act, then. He had clearly been moved by what he had seen. And maybe as shaken as she’d been.
Awwwwww!!!

“I didn’t.” He looked embarrassed. “Eventually my group got tired of waiting on me and struck out on their own. I was just... frozen there. I couldn’t read enough, couldn’t watch enough. Couldn’t take it all in well enough. Basically, I walked ten paces into that room and never moved again.”
Wow! Yeah... don’t blame him.

Well, he wasn’t Jimmy Olsen, but his timing wasn’t the only thing eerily familiar about him.
ROTFL!!!!!

Except on Wednesdays, which was two-for-one donut day.
*snork*!!

There was a committee that worked round the clock brainstorming just that very thing. The Places to Drop Tempus Safely committee, or PDTS, had been dragged out of bed in the middle of the night and told to get to work.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!! rotflol

“Prehistoric North America. The Dakotas, to be exact. Tough winters, but plenty of game to sustain him. And maybe when it gets cold enough, he’ll feel more like chatting. ”
*snicker* <g>

Madge sat back and sipped on her coffee. She wasn’t surprised. This is what she had been waiting for. “Call upstairs,” she said to Hank, who was standing, frozen, staring at the monitors. “And see if they can find that damned Wells.”
Whoo, yeah. No kidding.

Anna, Hank, and Petal all turned startled faces in her direction, pale and shaky, pupils dilated. Poor kids. First the dip in the lifelines and now this. “Sorry,” she said, smiling brightly. “I read that word somewhere. Seemed appropriate for just this situation.”

“Hell, yeah,” said Hank, moving to make the call.
LOL! What have you done, CC?? The Utopians are cursing! <g>

Great, great, great, great, great, high-class, first-rate stuff, CC!!!!

Amazing writing. Tangible emotions. That little touch of humor to keep us sane. And... really, still blown away by the premise!!! eek

Sara (who's hoping to catch up on this... maybe today... we'll see)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Wendy said:

And I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop - it's obvious that Lois is going to see or hear something soon which tells her that Superman is actually her lowly, annoying, foisted-upon-her junior partner at the Planet.
Egads!!!! eek *How* could I have forgotten that???? Here I was thinking... *snicker*... ain't she going to be surprised that they're married. Hello, Sara!!! Duh! She doesn't know yet! :p

Anyway...

Sara :rolleyes:

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard